Black Lives Matter street mural vandalized outside Trump Tower. Haha screw you deblasio

Black Lives Matter street mural vandalized outside Trump Tower 

By Allison Gordon

Updated 6:58 PM ET, Mon July 13, 2020 

(CNN)The Black Lives Matter street mural outside Trump Tower was vandalized with red paint, police confirmed to CNN on Monday.

200713161346-01-black-lives-matter-nyc-t

An unnamed suspect walked up to the mural, dumped red paint over the letter V in "Lives," and ran away as passing traffic further splattered the paint across the sign, New York Police Department officials said.
President Donald Trump previously called the words "Black Lives Matter" a "symbol of hate," and criticized New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio for "denigrating" the area.

In response, de Blasio said, "President Trump said we would be denigrating the luxury of Fifth Avenue. Let me tell you: we're not denigrating anything, we are liberating Fifth Avenue, we are uplifting Fifth Avenue."
After the project was completed, the mayor shared a video of the new mural, writing: "5th Avenue has never looked better."

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Oscar Vela said he was taping a video on Monday when he saw a man wearing a mask go up to the Black Lives Matter mural and douse it with a can of red paint. 
"I was a little speechless at first cause I couldn't believe that was happening in front of me," Vela told CNN via Twitter, where he posted video of the incident. "I yelled for his name and he ran away. Sad to see this happen in NYC."

The investigation into the New York City vandalism is ongoing, and no arrests have been made at this time, NYPD said. 
Anyone with information regarding the suspected vandalism is asked to contact the police.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think some patriot ought to rent a spray truck with quick set epoxy paint and obliterate the whole racist slogan.

It should have been blue paint.   Paint a dark blue line own the middle of the bigoted mural.

Posted Images

I don't think we're going to have that on our streets without a lot of trouble over it. The democrats are all about hate and division. Do they really think they'll inspire "unity" by painting racist slogans on the street?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb up 1

If you look at the photo posted, the red paint does NOT cover the V. It is just splattered all over the place.

Trump started his entire campaign with birtherism, which was clearly racism. And he has continued to spread racism and xenophobia daily.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

If you look at the photo posted, the red paint does NOT cover the V. It is just splattered all over the place.

The fact that someone took steps to correct the moronic mural slightly quenches my inner thirst for revenge. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb up 1
5 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Trump started his entire campaign with birtherism, which was clearly racism. And he has continued to spread racism and xenophobia daily.

How?  

18 hours ago, king of the county said:

Fuck yea and fuck you deblasio 

so.... you support vandals defacing public property when they are of your political persuasion?  

Did you learn that sort of behavior in the Army?

8 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

You leftists claim racism over anything. You guys have made that term meaningless. 

24 minutes ago, maineman said:

so.... you support vandals defacing public property when they are of your political persuasion?  

Did you learn that sort of behavior in the Army?

In fairness, we don’t know who this hooligan is or his/her motives. 

12 minutes ago, neue regel said:

In fairness, we don’t know who this hooligan is or his/her motives. 

the fat king applauded vandalism.  that's a fact.

1 minute ago, neue regel said:

I thought you meant Trump 😆

no harm, no foul.  The king of the county purports to be a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the Army, but supports and applauds vandals.  

18 minutes ago, maineman said:

no harm, no foul.  The king of the county purports to be a retired Lieutenant Colonel in the Army, but supports and applauds vandals.  

Speaking for myself, I try and err on the side of respect and understanding. Both of which are in too short of supply, currently. 

The "vandalism" is the so called "mural". What scum is responsible for painting racist slurs all over the street? It's a good citizen who does what he can to clean or cover it up.