MSNBC ANNOUNCES PLAN TO CONDUCT PRIME-TIME NEWS PROGRAM IN EBONICS

Moan Back,Moan Back, Telling the driver to back his truck up

50 minutes ago, nuckin futz said:

Thas so you can unnastan them, NIGGA!

image.jpeg.504e1e8d8e8590ca18008ecd05661334.jpeg

build your own fucking house!

8 minutes ago, solarcell said:

build your own fucking house!

I live in a mobile home. Its a work in progress! Ocean front view, can't complain! LOL!

image.jpeg.de6e5caa2c351d15033e63694760e905.jpeg

Ya all...dis nigga got a cap busted in his ass out side his crib when some OG tried to hock his box.

1 hour ago, nuckin futz said:

EXACTLY the kind of ignorant response one would expect from a Californian, a resident of the state with the THIRD LOWEST AVERAGE IQ of ALL the states of the union.

1 hour ago, Wallco1 said:

Moan Back,Moan Back, Telling the driver to back his truck up

Motee?

Motee?

(Waiter asking if one wants some more iced tea.)

16 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

EXACTLY the kind of ignorant response one would expect from a Californian, a resident of the state with the THIRD LOWEST AVERAGE IQ of ALL the states of the union.

lol

The title of this thread is extremely, ignorant, but then you follow that up with criticizing members who join you in your ignorance here? Interesting.

1 hour ago, pmurT said:

lol

The title of this thread is extremely, ignorant, but then you follow that up with criticizing members who join you in your ignorance here? Interesting.

Unintelligible post.

Check your syntax, punctuation and thought processes, then try again.

1 hour ago, Mirabeau said:

Unintelligible post.

Check your syntax, punctuation and thought processes, then try again.

LOL don't be so hard on your, mom, up in here LOL its not her fault that your posts have turned into something satanic LOL

3 hours ago, nuckin futz said:

I live in a mobile home. Its a work in progress! Ocean front view, can't complain! LOL!

image.jpeg.de6e5caa2c351d15033e63694760e905.jpeg

Your HOA just notified you to MOW YOUR F-ING WEEDS!!!

1 hour ago, Skans said:

Your HOA just notified you to MOW YOUR F-ING WEEDS!!!

Not my weeds! I grow KGB! Make big $$!

14 hours ago, nuckin futz said:

Not my weeds! I grow KGB! Make big $$!

To Nukin Futz from your friendly HOA:

Pay the following, or we will make your life a miserable living Hell:

HOA Dues               $700

Notification fee:     $1,000

FU cost                    $457

B/C WE H8 You      $700

Grass Too High      $250

Paint Faded             $954

Trim Shrubs             $339

email cost                $100

Management fee    $800

Lawyer cost             $559

You're-a-dick fee     $44

We're bigger dicks $600

Interest                     $1,200

TOTAL                   $7,703

Can't you just hear it?

"En rat now we be gwine to innerview de' Pres of dees here United States uv Umerica, 'bout what he be thinkin' 'bout de 'conomy en all dat other shit."

On 7/9/2020 at 12:07 PM, Mirabeau said:

Examples of Ebonics
(taken from www-leland.stanford.edu/~rickford/ebonics)

1. "She BIN had dat han’-made dress" (SE=She’s had that hand-made dress for a long time, and still does.)
  2. "Ah ‘on know what homey be doin." (SE=I don’t know what my friend is usually doing.)
  3. "I ask Ruf could she bring it ovah to Tom crib."(SE=I asked Ruth if/whether she could bring it over to Tom’s place.)

Some specific rules of Ebonics or AAVE(African American Vernacular English) are the double negative or negative inversion. Although the examples above do not have a double negative, this occurs when two words in the same sentence are negative(Nobody can’t go out tonight.) It is usually thought that two negatives make a positive and is an error in the Standard English grammar world. Another rule of AAVE is the negative inversion. This includes the inversion of "Nobody can’t," so it would be "Can’t nobody." This inversion can only be done if the latter is a question. 

Ebonics, differs grammatically from other forms of English. Labov, in 1982, summarized the major points of AAVE. First, it is a distinct "subsystem" of English with "phonological and syntactic rules" that correspond to rules of other dialects. Also, current forms of shows evidence of Creole close to Caribbean Creole. AAVE has a much developed way in which verbs indicate notions of time. For instance, it reflects whether activities are finished or in progress.

Some pronunciations are interesting to look at as well. First, "th" is sometimes pronounced as "de." This is consistent with the French language which does not pronounce the "th" sound and instead says "t". AAVE also pronounces "th" as voiceless "t" or voiced "v"(bruvvah.) AAVE often does not use "consonant clusters." 

On 7/9/2020 at 9:12 AM, nuckin futz said:

AHAHAH love that picture. 

21 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Examples of Ebonics
(taken from www-leland.stanford.edu/~rickford/ebonics)

1. "She BIN had dat han’-made dress" (SE=She’s had that hand-made dress for a long time, and still does.)
  2. "Ah ‘on know what homey be doin." (SE=I don’t know what my friend is usually doing.)
  3. "I ask Ruf could she bring it ovah to Tom crib."(SE=I asked Ruth if/whether she could bring it over to Tom’s place.)

Some specific rules of Ebonics or AAVE(African American Vernacular English) are the double negative or negative inversion. Although the examples above do not have a double negative, this occurs when two words in the same sentence are negative(Nobody can’t go out tonight.) It is usually thought that two negatives make a positive and is an error in the Standard English grammar world. Another rule of AAVE is the negative inversion. This includes the inversion of "Nobody can’t," so it would be "Can’t nobody." This inversion can only be done if the latter is a question. 

Ebonics, differs grammatically from other forms of English. Labov, in 1982, summarized the major points of AAVE. First, it is a distinct "subsystem" of English with "phonological and syntactic rules" that correspond to rules of other dialects. Also, current forms of shows evidence of Creole close to Caribbean Creole. AAVE has a much developed way in which verbs indicate notions of time. For instance, it reflects whether activities are finished or in progress.

Some pronunciations are interesting to look at as well. First, "th" is sometimes pronounced as "de." This is consistent with the French language which does not pronounce the "th" sound and instead says "t". AAVE also pronounces "th" as voiceless "t" or voiced "v"(bruvvah.) AAVE often does not use "consonant clusters." 

Thass rat, bro!