Sign in to follow this  
Skans

Why Would Biden Debate Trump If Polls Says Biden Has Big Lead?

If you were Biden's campaign advisor and Biden is ahead in the polls, wouldn't you do everything possible to ensure that Biden does not actually debate Trump.  If Biden were paying me as his campaign advisor, here are some tactics that I would use:

1.  Demand Rules, Forum and Moderators that Trump would be a stupid fool to accept.  Even send negotiators to Trump's camp to sabotage any real chance at a debate.

2.  Start developing ads and strategies to make Trump look stupid for refusing to debate Biden, on the "fair" terms Biden has demanded.

3.  Start a talking-point narrative that Trump is so far beneath Biden in the polls, that he doesn't see the debates as necessary or informative.

4.  Work in concert with MSNBC and/or CNN to unilaterally structure a debate on Biden's terms, where Trump is portrayed by an empty chair - and then proceed to "debate" the issues.

If I worked for the Biden Campaign, how would you Republicans/Trumplicans defeat my above agenda? You know what I'm going to do, so what are you going to do about it?

No candidate is going to refuse to debate. It has become a custom. Like candidates showing their IRS data.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, Skans said:

If you were Biden's campaign advisor and Biden is ahead in the polls, wouldn't you do everything possible to ensure that Biden does not actually debate Trump.  If Biden were paying me as his campaign advisor, here are some tactics that I would use:

1.  Demand Rules, Forum and Moderators that Trump would be a stupid fool to accept.  Even send negotiators to Trump's camp to sabotage any real chance at a debate.

2.  Start developing ads and strategies to make Trump look stupid for refusing to debate Biden, on the "fair" terms Biden has demanded.

3.  Start a talking-point narrative that Trump is so far beneath Biden in the polls, that he doesn't see the debates as necessary or informative.

4.  Work in concert with MSNBC and/or CNN to unilaterally structure a debate on Biden's terms, where Trump is portrayed by an empty chair - and then proceed to "debate" the issues.

If I worked for the Biden Campaign, how would you Republicans/Trumplicans defeat my above agenda? You know what I'm going to do, so what are you going to do about it?

Gee, seems to me that Hillary had a much larger lead than Biden had .......................................... And look what happened to Hillary  lmfao

The only polls I trust are the voting polls and THOSE are getting hard to believe.

1 hour ago, bgr39 said:

Gee, seems to me that Hillary had a much larger lead than Biden had .......................................... And look what happened to Hillary  lmfao

The only polls I trust are the voting polls and THOSE are getting hard to believe.

actually... at this point in the race, Hillary's lead was much less across the board.

4 hours ago, maineman said:

actually... at this point in the race, Hillary's lead was much less across the board.

Gee, I thought that Hillary had a landslide victory from the get go.

Hillary was just saying "it is just, how big of a landslide victory will it be against Donald Trump!".

11 hours ago, bgr39 said:

Gee, I thought that Hillary had a landslide victory from the get go.

Hillary was just saying "it is just, how big of a landslide victory will it be against Donald Trump!".

your memory is faulty.  Hillary's lead at this point was several points less than Joe's is today.

3 hours ago, maineman said:

your memory is faulty.  Hillary's lead at this point was several points less than Joe's is today.

Gee, you all seem to think that Bidens current lead will put him in the White House.                         :):)

1 minute ago, bgr39 said:

Gee, you all seem to think that Bidens current lead will put him in the White House.                         :):)

I have never said that.  I think that the trend is encouraging, however.  Joe is kicking ass in the suburbs and his lead there continues to grow.  The clown can certainly turn things around, but one wonders, as COVID sweeps through the land and he, instead talks about showers and washing machines and the benefits of incandescent  lightbulbs, and has all but abdicated any national leadership on the pandemic, what will he use as a pivot to get the nation to forget about COVID and his failure to lead there and re-elect him anyway?

39 minutes ago, maineman said:

Joe is kicking ass in the suburbs and his lead there continues to grow.  The clown can certainly turn things around...

There's nothing to turn around.  Trump supporters love how this is unfolding these days.

We see the same picture today, that developed in 2004 & 2016; polls showed Dem candidates leading, comfortably, but then 'silent majority' showed up on Election Days to crush the dreams of satanic Dems.

8 minutes ago, pmurT said:

There's nothing to turn around.  Trump supporters love how this is unfolding these days.

We see the same picture today, that developed in 2004 & 2016; polls showed Dem candidates leading, comfortably, but then 'silent majority' showed up on Election Days to crush the dreams of satanic Dems.

bless your heart.

stay cocky.... stay confident.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2004/11/23/pre-election-polls-largely-accurate/

33 minutes ago, maineman said:

bless your heart.

stay cocky.... stay confident.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2004/11/23/pre-election-polls-largely-accurate/

Nope. No cockiness here. Just stating very recent, American history is all.

Dems own and control 96% of USA media, so Trump supporters heard the dogwhistling for us all to avoid polls when they comeAcalling. I love the false sense of security polls create for you Dems.

You can choose to ignore reality, sure, by calling me cocky because most (2004) polls showed Kerry winning comfortably and most (2016) polls showed Hillary winning comfortably. But, we see how accurate those polls turned out to be. 

Dems control the media that creates polls, but they don't control the booths that we all enter on Election Day to cast our votes :)

39 minutes ago, pmurT said:

Dems own and control 96% of USA media, so Trump supporters heard the dogwhistling for us all to avoid polls when they comeAcalling. I love the false sense of security polls create for you Dems.

You can choose to ignore reality, sure, by calling me cocky because most (2004) polls showed Kerry winning comfortably and most (2016) polls showed Hillary winning comfortably. But, we see how accurate those polls turned out to be. 

Dems control the media that creates polls, but they don't control the booths that we all enter on Election Day to cast our votes :)

did you not read my link?  obviously not.

24 minutes ago, maineman said:

did you not read my link?  obviously not.

Yes, I read your link. So I decided to post something that you know that I knew that you know overrides what your link says ----with respect to what happened in 2004 and 2016.

Plus Biden has dementia and he is mentally unfit to, debate, so we already know ahead of time that the DNC/Pelosi/Schumer are not ever going to let a debate occur. The Dems' AUG-NOV plans are very easy to figure out.

7 minutes ago, pmurT said:

Yes, I read your link. So I decided to post something that you know that I knew that you know overrides what your link says ----with respect to what happened in 2004 and 2016.

Plus Biden has dementia and he is mentally unfit to, debate, so we already know ahead of time that the DNC/Pelosi/Schumer are not ever going to let a debate occur. The Dems' AUG-NOV plans are very easy to figure out.

nothing you posted disproves my link... it is just your unsubstantiated opinion.... everybody's got some of those.

46 minutes ago, maineman said:

nothing you posted disproves my link... it is just your unsubstantiated opinion.... everybody's got some of those.

No, it is not my opinion that most polls had Dems winning the presidential election in both 2004 and 2016. Although you've certainly used your "opinion" to decide that Biden should disregard those facts today, in order to avoid debating Trump.

Polls are meaningless, when it comes to the silent majority. And right now for The Dems debating is, meaningless, since it will highlight Bidens' dementia and that will then embarrass the intelligence of Dem's voters.

21 hours ago, pmurT said:

You got THAT RIGHT!

Right up to. including the day of the election, liberals were chanting how the polls showed that Hillary was going to win by a landslide, The only question was how big the landslide was going to be.

I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.                       :)

14 minutes ago, bgr39 said:

In those polls, the [sic] ALWAYS OVER-SAMPLE democratic voters By 10% or more.

Just keep your dream alive, like you did in 2016.  Go liberal, GO!!!!    LMFAO

^^^ from the genius who doesn't even know what the term "oversampling" means.

no.  really.

27 minutes ago, bgr39 said:

You got THAT RIGHT!

Right up to. including the day of the election, liberals were chanting how the polls showed that Hillary was going to win by a landslide, The only question was how big the landslide was going to be.

I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.                       :)

Its not really about the polls though .. It's about the super-delegates who are allowed to vote against the candidate which their region/their district sent them to the electoral college to select. So Biden can win a region but still see that region's delegate go to the electoral college and choose Trump. Yes. That's the 2nd most beautiful loophole our Founding Fathers created, after the one for lifetime appointments of SCOTUS justices of course.

5 minutes ago, pmurT said:

Its not really about the polls though .. It's about the super-delegates who are allowed to vote against the candidate which their region/their district sent them to the electoral college to select. So Biden can win a region but still see that region's delegate go to the electoral college and choose Trump. Yes. That's the 2nd most beautiful loophole our Founding Fathers created, after the one for lifetime appointments of SCOTUS justices of course.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-electoral-college-faithless-electors/2020/07/06/cf88f706-bf8f-11ea-b178-bb7b05b94af1_story.html

18 minutes ago, maineman said:

^^^ from the genius who doesn't even know what the term "oversampling" means.

no.  really.

The liberal with diarrhea of the mouth has SPOKEN!!                             lmfao

1 hour ago, maineman said:

Yes, even in that decision, our Founding Fathers loophole is still preserved. This is from your link:

...The court’s decision doesn’t eliminate that possibility completely. Not all states explicitly require conformity, and the opinion does not force them to set up such systems. Not all scenarios are covered...

37 minutes ago, pmurT said:

Yes, even in that decision, our Founding Fathers loophole is still preserved. This is from your link:

Certainly.... but are you aware how slates of electors are chosen?  They are done by party stalwarts.  The idea that there are long term democrats who would go against the will of the voters of their state and cast their electoral vote for the clown is far fetched at best.  The idea that there are long term republicans who might go against the will of clown voters in their state is significantly greater.  Two words:  John Kasich.  Two more words:  Lincoln Project.

3 hours ago, maineman said:

clown voters = 

clown voters =  Black people voting for Biden who wrote the 1994 Crime Bill that imprisoned an entire generation of inner-city Black males (1996-20144) who are all in the 30s and 40s now, as they and their families prepare to vote for the fraud Biden.

clown voters =  dumb ass Caucasoids who are about to vote for Biden, who is demented, and who also claimed just 4 months ago, that he's running for the U.S. Senate ROFL

clown voters =  dumb ass Caucasoids who feel that defundIng the police is a way for non-Whites to like them better...stupid fuccs are prepping for turning this into the current South Africa.