EltonJohnson

Famous Black Guy Explains Why Liberals Fail At Debate

Thomas Sowell tells Mark Levin left-wing ideology 'falls apart like a house of cards' when you demand facts

Thomas-Sowell.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

Author and Hoover Institution senior fellow Thomas Sowell said on Tuesday that much of the left's ideology "falls apart like a house of cards" under scrutiny.

“I think many, if not most, of the people who were in the movement that created the Soviet Union were probably idealists wanting a better world. They had no idea what kind of world they were in fact creating,” Sowell, the author of the new book "Charter Schools and Their Enemies" told “The Mark Levin Show."

Sowell, who said he used to believe in Marxist ideology in his younger years, said the left "has the better vision" until one asks deeper questions.

Sowell's comments came just after Princeton University said it will remove former President Woodrow Wilson’s name from its public policy school and a residential college.

Christopher Eisgruber, president of Princeton, announced the institution’s decision in a statement published on the school’s website. He cited Wilson’s “racist views and policies” as the main factor in the decision.

"The trustees conclude that Woodrow Wilson's racist thinking and policies make him an inappropriate namesake for a school or college whose scholars, students, and alumni must firmly stand against racism in all its forms,” the statement read.

Sowell said that he has “no idea” what the proponents of the existence of “institutional racism” mean and that they themselves do not know “what they mean.”

“In a sense that you can't ask them a factual question and get a factual answer. For example, one of the things I came across in writing a previous book was the poverty rate between blacks and whites. If I remember the numbers correctly, something like 22 percent of blacks were in poverty, 11 percent of whites were in poverty. They’re like ‘well, that shows the racism.’"

Sowell said that the poverty rate was 7.5 percent among black married couples.

"In other words, they not only have a lower poverty rate than blacks as a whole, they have a lower poverty rate than whites as a whole,” Sowell said.

Sowell said he believes young people are influenced throughout their lives in the public education system, which leans to the left.

“You hear the same narrative and they are not taught how to test things against facts. They’re just taught to repeat these slogans and when you try to talk to them in terms of facts, they think that you are trying to confuse them,” Sowell said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/thomas-sowell-mark-levin-left-ideology

16 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Thomas Sowell tells Mark Levin left-wing ideology 'falls apart like a house of cards' when you demand facts

Author and Hoover Institution senior fellow Thomas Sowell said on Tuesday that much of the left's ideology "falls apart like a house of cards" under scrutiny.

“I think many, if not most, of the people who were in the movement that created the Soviet Union were probably idealists wanting a better world. They had no idea what kind of world they were in fact creating,” Sowell, the author of the new book "Charter Schools and Their Enemies" told “The Mark Levin Show."

Sowell, who said he used to believe in Marxist ideology in his younger years, said the left "has the better vision" until one asks deeper questions.

Sowell's comments came just after Princeton University said it will remove former President Woodrow Wilson’s name from its public policy school and a residential college.

Christopher Eisgruber, president of Princeton, announced the institution’s decision in a statement published on the school’s website. He cited Wilson’s “racist views and policies” as the main factor in the decision.

"The trustees conclude that Woodrow Wilson's racist thinking and policies make him an inappropriate namesake for a school or college whose scholars, students, and alumni must firmly stand against racism in all its forms,” the statement read.

Sowell said that he has “no idea” what the proponents of the existence of “institutional racism” mean and that they themselves do not know “what they mean.”

“In a sense that you can't ask them a factual question and get a factual answer. For example, one of the things I came across in writing a previous book was the poverty rate between blacks and whites. If I remember the numbers correctly, something like 22 percent of blacks were in poverty, 11 percent of whites were in poverty. They’re like ‘well, that shows the racism.’"

"In other words, they not only have a lower poverty rate than blacks as a whole, they have a lower poverty rate than whites as a whole,” Sowell said.

Sowell said he believes young people are influenced throughout their lives in the public education system, which leans to the left.

“You hear the same narrative and they are not taught how to test things against facts. They’re just taught to repeat these slogans and when you try to talk to them in terms of facts, they think that you are trying to confuse them,” Sowell said.

Wow, Fix news who’d have thought. Wow, Thomas Sowell is famous ? Let’s ask reverend Al, he’s more famous. What a joke. You still have that SS cap on ? Yup. Fascism .

oh, you claimed fascism was not a right wing ideology. So every dictionary is wrong ?, just like Thomas...yuck 

20 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

Wow, Fix news who’d have thought. Wow, Thomas Sowell is famous ? Let’s ask reverend Al, he’s more famous. What a joke. You still have that SS cap on ? Yup. Fascism .

oh, you claimed fascism was not a right wing ideology. So every dictionary is wrong ?, just like Thomas...yuck 

I think this demonstrates the point that the few, perhaps a very tiny few, on the left can present a rational, cogent, logical argument in defense of their ideology

Someone says, "X percentage of Y is 40%"

Politico (either side) says, " This is evidence of ___ism and it is all the fault of R or D". 

Someone says, " Hmmm... but that is not what is being said"

Politico says, "But that is the point and you are just shrouding it in abstract nonsense"

That is why debate with most politicos is pointless

24 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

you claimed fascism was not a right wing ideology. So every dictionary is wrong ?

yes...   every dictionary is  wrong  that falsely  claims  it is right wing.    The Nazis were not even  right wing.    The right  wing  does not  even exist anymore

the only fascism today  has been from the  left...    so  how the  fuck does that  process?

19 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Someone says, "X percentage  

Politico (either side) says, " This is evidence of ___ism and it is all the fault of R or D". 

Someone says, " Hmmm... but that is not what is being said"

Politico says, "But that is the point and you are just shrouding it in abstract nonsense"

That is why debate with most politicos is pointless

Argument is pointless for those who are unwilling to learn.

I am happy to debate and happier still to lose a debate as every time I suffer a loss I have learned something knew, I have corrected an error in my thinking.  If an impasse happens between two intellectually honest and rational men, then this is a result in a disparity in axiomatic assumptions or values.  This also is useful to learn and understand.

If, however, you are only interested in preserving your own self inflicted delusions, maintaining your bigotries, your bias, if you have no interest at all in the fulfillment of your epistemic duty., then by all means remain silent.

Just now, RHanson said:

Argument is pointless for those who are unwilling to learn.

I am happy to debate and very happier to lose a debate as every time I suffer a loss I have learned something knew, I have corrected and error in my thinking.  If an impasse happens between two intellectually honest and rational men, then this is a result in a disparity in axiomatic assumptions or values.  This also is useful to learn and understand.

If, however, you are only interested in preserving your own self inflicted delusions, maintaining your bigotries, your bias, if you have no interest at all in the fulfillment of your epistemic duty., then by all means remain silent.

My point is that this infliction or jumping to conclusions is not the sole property of the left. 

58 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

He isn't just some famous black guy. He is Thomas Sowell, a brilliant man. I love reading his articles and watching him debate. 

45 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

You just said a lot of stupid shit. LOL!

Al is infamous. LOL A total conman and disgusting person. I put him down on the same level as Trump. 

Just now, impartialobserver said:

My point is that this infliction or jumping to conclusions is not the sole property of the left. 

It is not a property of any group, left or right or otherwise, only a behavior of individuals.

Just now, RHanson said:

It is not a property of any group, left or right or otherwise, only a behavior of individuals.

Or more accurately.. its society. one side claims to not act like this and yet they do.. why? Because it is ubiquitous to all of society and no one wants to admit to it. 

28 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

You just said a lot of stupid shit. LOL!

Al is infamous. LOL A total conman and disgusting person. I put him down on the same level as Trump. 

Stupid shit ?

You’re a loser and a hater. You’re just feeling bad cause I have such a high IQ. 

I’m a very compassionate person (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense.” “Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest – and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault.

9 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Or more accurately.. its society. one side claims to not act like this and yet they do.. why? Because it is ubiquitous to all of society and no one wants to admit to it. 

I would say far less accurately. Groups do not act, only individuals act, are animate.  Individuals can choose to coordinate their actions with each other, this is why we form associations, but in the end actions are atomic with respect to individuals.

A society, in the common usage, has no sides, it is inclusive of the diverse range of views that exist in the body politic.  We the people, a society, is inclusive of both Republicans and Democrats and together, along with a wide range of other groups and institutions, together we are a society.

Consider the term "race relations", I would point out that races do not have relationships, only individual people have relationships, and one  of the root causes of widespread racism is individuals thinking of themselves in terms of groups, us v. them, tribalism. This does not mean that the term "race relations" conveys no useful meaning, but rather I think it important to understand that the term itself communicates a view that helps create and sustain divisions between people based on their race.

In a primate society people acting in groups rather then as individuals likely provides an evolutionary advantage.  Tribalism is likely a naturally selected behavior and we still see this with respect to nation states.  I would note that we do not now live in a primitive, savage condition, but rather in a modern civilization and the instinct to tribalism within the body politic, internal to our society, is a destructive force.

52 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

yes...   every dictionary is  wrong  that falsely  claims  it is right wing.    The Nazis were not even  right wing.    The right  wing  does not  even exist anymore

the only fascism today  has been from the  left...    so  how the  fuck does that  process?

Fascism......Far-right politics, also referred to as the extreme right or right-wing extremism,[1][2] are politics further on the right of the left–right political spectrum than the standard political right, particularly in terms of extreme nationalism,[3][4] nativist ideologies and authoritarian tendencies.[5][6]

Historically used to describe the experiences of fascism and Nazism,[7] today far-right politics includes neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, Third Position, the alt-right, white nationalism,[8] and other ideologiesor organizations that feature aspects of ultranationalist, chauvinist, xenophobic, theocratic, racist, homophobic, anti-communist, or reactionary views.[9]

Far-right politics can lead to oppression, violence, forced assimilation, ethnic cleansing and even genocide against groups of people based on their supposed inferiority, or their perceived threat to the native ethnic group,[10][11] nation, state,[12] national religion, dominant 

4 minutes ago, RHanson said:

I would say far less accurately. Groups do not act, only individuals act, are animate.  Individuals can choose to coordinate their actions with each other, this is why we form associations, but in the end actions are atomic with respect to individuals.

A society, in the common usage, has no sides, it is inclusive of the diverse range of views that exist in the body politic.  We the people, a society, is inclusive of both Republicans and Democrats and together, along with a wide range of other groups and institutions, together we are a society.

Consider the term "race relations", I would point out that races do not have relationships, only individual people have relationships, and one  of the root causes of widespread racism is individuals thinking of themselves in terms of groups, us v. them, tribalism. This does not mean that the term "race relations" conveys no useful meaning, but rather I think it important to understand that the term itself communicates a view that helps create and sustain divisions between people based on their race.

In a primate society people acting in groups rather then as individuals likely provides an evolutionary advantage.  Tribalism is likely a naturally selected behavior and we still see this with respect to nation states.  I would note that we do not now live in a primitive, savage condition, but rather in a modern civilization and the instinct to tribalism within the body politic, internal to our society, is a destructive force.

Not to disparage you but you sound like a politician. If you honestly think that some traits or behaviors are not ubiquitous to all or most of society then I guess we should call it a day. 

56 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Btw

How do you get an TEXAS A & M graduate off your porch?

Pay him for the pizza.

15 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

Stupid shit ?

You’re a loser and a hater. You’re just feeling bad cause I have such a high IQ. 

I’m a very compassionate person (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense.” “Sorry losers and haters, but my IQ is one of the highest – and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault.

If you  have to say it, it isn't true. LOL!

Yes you said a lot of stupid shit. I also don't believe you are a real person. You are most likely a forum bot. LOL You tricked me into thinking you were real. Well played sir. well played. LOL

1 hour ago, Dagosa said:

Just because you are weak and will kneel down and kiss 

Sharpton's ass.............does not mean that the rest of white America will.

Black men are 6% of our pop.           Why are you afraid of them?           

5 minutes ago, slideman said:

This guy has drunk the Kool-Aid. He buys into the right wings rationalization of selfishness.

Translated for Adults:

liberal-Whiners-3.jpg

Ha!

5 minutes ago, slideman said:

void of content and any thought as usual

You are a whinin' infant.

liberals-waaah.jpg

Grow up.

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

You are a whinin' infant.

liberals-waaah.jpg

Grow up.