Americans....ask yourself if you are better off than you were 4 years ago.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask that question in February and it would be a yes. Cheerleading a virus and promoting racial division is a pretty disgusting way to try to get rid of a political opponent. 

Were a competent man in the Oval Office, it would be yes in February or November.  Trump ran the show and he did a shitty job of it.  He is incompetent and will be in jail soon anyway. 

The answer is YES, most people are better off, and we'd be even better off is you LEFTISTS hadn't tried every means possible to bring down the Trump Presidency and America in general with one fake sca

23 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

not necessarily....there were no particularly bright spots on the horizon...growth was anticipated to be quite low for q1..

macroeconomic forecasting was invented so that astrology would not feel so left out. 

The Wife and I have an uncanny ability to fail upward regardless of who occupies the White House. Peak earning years going into retirement and good life choices have made politics of little consequence to our success.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

The Wife and I have an uncanny ability to fail upward regardless of who occupies the White House. Peak earning years going into retirement and good life choices have made politics of little consequence to our success.

But... but... your economic fortunes are tied directly to Presidential decisions... 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

But... but... your economic fortunes are tied directly to Presidential decisions... 

The effects are minimal and often there is a work around to offset anything they try to impose on us.

7 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

That’s because you guys are good people. 

• Like 1
Just now, JoeAverage said:

The effects are minimal and often there is a work around to offset anything they try to impose on us.

I have stated this hundreds of times. Thanks for reaffirming my faith in humanity. I am not rich but am not poor. I would not let a President take credit for my hard-earned rise out of poverty. 

Just now, IcebergSlim said:

Are you for real?

What makes you think they aren't?

You sound a lot like Elton.... his whole schtick is that one's economic fortunes are due solely to Presidential decisions. Therefore, its ok to hero worship because you the individual had absolutely nothing to do with your overall (not just this moment) economic fortunes. 

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

You sound a lot like Elton.... his whole schtick is that one's economic fortunes are due solely to Presidential decisions. Therefore, its ok to hero worship because you the individual had absolutely nothing to do with your overall (not just this moment) economic fortunes. 

Elton is innumerate..

Fiscal policy is an integral part of most POTUS candidate platforms...you think that's just persiflage?

Why do you vote for any candidate over another?

1 minute ago, IcebergSlim said:

Elton is innumerate..

Fiscal policy is an integral part of most POTUS candidate platforms...you think that's just persiflage?

Why do you vote for any candidate over another?

Fiscal policy has a very weak correlation with the greater overall metrics.

I vote for one over the other based on the entirety of their platform not just fiscal policy. 

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I have stated this hundreds of times. Thanks for reaffirming my faith in humanity. I am not rich but am not poor. I would not let a President take credit for my hard-earned rise out of poverty. 

+1000

I still won't eat tuna fish casserole. Humble beginnings build character.

Just now, JoeAverage said:

+1000

I still won't eat tuna fish casserole. Humble beginnings build character.

As I will not eat Top Ramen. Lived on it while homeless for 8 weeks. The smell brings back too many not so pleasant memories. 

14 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I vote for one over the other based on the entirety of their platform not just fiscal policy. 

15 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

That's boldly asserted...

What's the evidence?

Here's what I bet...

You cast at least one vote for George W. Bush, before discovering your impartiality...

27 minutes ago, JoeAverage said:

You're idiots..

Consider the miserable performance of the stockmarket under Scrub...

It determines the returns of all pension funds..

Then there are those who saw the value of their primary nest egg plummet..

Just now, IcebergSlim said:

That's boldly asserted...

What's the evidence?

Here's what I bet...

You cast at least one vote for George W. Bush, before discovering your impartiality...

Only vote R or D when there are no other options. In some cases... city council, family court judge.. there is only one option.

I came to this conclusion in grad school (2010 to 2012) while working at a Phd in Economics. I do not have the data or statistical package available but the method was as such.. GDP was the dependent variable. Fiscal policy in the form of absolute and increases/decreases in that were independent variables. Net exports, monetary policy, and such that could be quantified were also independent variables. Conclusion... very low coefficients and R-squared for fiscal policy. As we added data, the correlation stayed low but constant. 

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Only vote R or D when there are no other options. In some cases... city council, family court judge.. there is only one option.

I came to this conclusion in grad school (2010 to 2012) while working at a Phd in Economics. I do not have the data or statistical package available but the method was as such.. GDP was the dependent variable. Fiscal policy in the form of absolute and increases/decreases in that were independent variables. Net exports, monetary policy, and such that could be quantified were also independent variables. Conclusion... very low coefficients and R-squared for fiscal policy. As we added data, the correlation stayed low but constant. 

That's cute...

What's been demonstrated is a low correlation between TAX levels (within reasonable parameters) and economic performance..

But fiscal policy can certainly be both "sound" and "terrible"...

2 hours ago, Scout said:

A resounding "NO!" can be heard from Maine to Alaska to Hawaii. 

Just from lying crying liberal asswipes like yourself. Sad you are still so butt hurt Hildacunt lost!!!

1 minute ago, IcebergSlim said:

That's cute...

What's been demonstrated is a low correlation between TAX levels (within reasonable parameters) and economic performance..

But fiscal policy can certainly be both "sound" and "terrible"...

Fiscal policy also is reactive to the economy... Therefore the correlation is always going to be weak. It is not simply tax because congress rarely operates on a balanced budget meaning that tax revenues and the dollar amount are roughly equal. Yes, some policies are better than others.