drvoke

Current strain of coronavirus is 10 TIMES more infectious than the one that jumped to humans in China

Coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 variants: China study

This may be an extinction level event. Just sayin'.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/world-s-dominant-strain-of-coronavirus-is-10-times-more-infectious-than-the-one-that-jumped-to-humans-in-china-because-it-mutated-so-its-vital-spike-protein-doesn-t-snap-as-often-in-the-body-scientists-say/ar-BB167e7l?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

(Full article at above link)

A mutated version of the coronavirus that has gripped Europe and the West is more infectious because it doesn't break as often while inside the body, a study has found.

Researchers at The Scripps Research Institute in Florida say the 'spike protein' that the virus uses to attach to cells in the airways has adapted since January.

It used to break off regularly while trying to bind to receptors in people's airways, which it would use to gain entry to the body, but is now more resilient, they say.

A genetic mutation which scientists around the world have been picking up on for months appears to have caused this spike to be less likely to snap, and also to force the coronaviruses to produce more of them to make itself more infectious.

As a result the virus is approximately 10 times more infectious than it was when it first jumped to humans in China at the end of the year, scientists say.

The mutated version of the virus, dubbed  G614, changed in its genetic make-up that scientists weren't sure what to make of when they found it.

This Is Fine: The Best Coronavirus Memes on the Internet Right Now ...

2 minutes ago, drvoke said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/world-s-dominant-strain-of-coronavirus-is-10-times-more-infectious-than-the-one-that-jumped-to-humans-in-china-because-it-mutated-so-its-vital-spike-protein-doesn-t-snap-as-often-in-the-body-scientists-say/ar-BB167e7l?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

A mutated version of the coronavirus that has gripped Europe and the West is more infectious because it doesn't break as often while inside the body, a study has found.

Researchers at The Scripps Research Institute in Florida say the 'spike protein' that the virus uses to attach to cells in the airways has adapted since January.

It used to break off regularly while trying to bind to receptors in people's airways, which it would use to gain entry to the body, but is now more resilient, they say.

A genetic mutation which scientists around the world have been picking up on for months appears to have caused this spike to be less likely to snap, and also to force the coronaviruses to produce more of them to make itself more infectious.

As a result the virus is approximately 10 times more infectious than it was when it first jumped to humans in China at the end of the year, scientists say.

The mutated version of the virus, dubbed  G614, changed in its genetic make-up that scientists weren't sure what to make of when they found it.

Extinction event for geriatrics in poor shape. 

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

I guess the first one just ain't cuttin' the mustard .

Time for COVID redux.

Maybe they will call this one COVID 666 for added effect.

I wonder if they've figured out how to blame it on Trump yet?

• Thumb up 1

on 6/23/2020 there were 863 deaths in the US, that day due to the Wuhan Virus

on 6/29/2020 there were 346 deaths in the US, that day due to the Wuhan Virus.

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

The death rate is falling. Who cares if you get infected with the flu.

27 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

The death rate is falling. Who cares if you get infected with the flu.

IT'S NOT THE FLU!  How many times does CNN have to say it?

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

At .26% mortality and dropping it kind of is. 

7 hours ago, drvoke said:

It's the flu

Wait! You watch CNN? LOL

8 hours ago, drvoke said:

It's the wuwu flu.

Or the hot and sour soup flu

Or the egg drop soup flu..

Any way you look at the statistics it's barely even the flu. More like the sniffles..

12 hours ago, drvoke said:

Who the fuck cares?

Since the outbreak, there have been 506,000 deaths world wide.  Double that, and annual total would be roughly 1,015,000.  Since the population of the world is roughly 7,800,000,000, it would only take about

7,000 YEARS

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

@drvoke if it is so bad.. why did you go out yesterday without your mask?

Where do you buy those things at?