Sign in to follow this  
roadkill

"Wapo Proves Trump Right: Yes, the Most Dangerous US Cities are All Democrat-Run"

Just now, Duck615 said:

liberalism is a mental disorder and will be wiped out soon!!!

Do you really know what liberalism actually means ? Without it, there will be no vaccine for corona virus. 

2 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

Do you really know what liberalism actually means ? Without it, there will be no vaccine for corona virus. 

I want you to stop being a 'hater' of white people.

I want you to stop being racist against my people.                            😎

10 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

Huh. Never had a physics or a  math class where we discussed Karl Marx. 
Pretty silly. But if it feels good to label people and divide them up so you can find an excuse to align yourself with a president who luvs dictators, hates free elections and the constitution, go for it. 

STEM courses are generally free from political rhetoric outside of the base assumption that there is no creator and the universe is a product of happenstance. Enter these fields as anything but an agnostic and expect conflict. 

24 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

WOW you really are so full of shit.

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

STEM courses are generally free from political rhetoric outside of the base assumption that there is no creator and the universe is a product of happenstance. Enter these fields as anything but an agnostic and expect conflict. 

In reality, most courses are free of politics. The exceptions naturally exist in the subject matter. The highest degree in law is a science degree doctorate of law. 
Science is found  in every course. Absolutely ! We have a political science degree. It simply means you start with agreed upon facts then proceed to argue using the scientific method. 

even religion is steeped in in science . 

Politics in America is based on two sides , the right, which is wrong for not using science and the left which does more often.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

So you don’t know what liberalism is. It’s not me that uses racial slurs in their posts. Own it 

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

You’re confused as to what agnosticism is. An agnostic is not an atheist. Some of The greatest discoveries in evolution were by Christian monks . 

If one subscribed to the scientific method, you can work in STEM. You can be deeply religious and be Successful  in stem. Some of the greatest discoveries were by those trying to prove the existence of “a” god, just not one in particular. 

The only difference between a Christian and an atheist is the denial of one less god by the atheist then the Christian. So being either is not that great.

agnostics do not deny the existence of anything. They are open. They just need proof

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

You’re confused as to what agnosticism is. An agnostic is not an atheist. Some of The greatest discoveries in evolution were by Christian monks . 

If one subscribed to the scientific method, you can work in STEM. You can be deeply religious and be Successful  in stem. 

I agree.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

You are one strange dude. Everything is about racism . You need to get a life.

2 hours ago, roadkill said:

Just like I thought...you have NO clue what keeps 50 states united.

I have lived in TEN states: MO, NM, TX, IA, WA, KS, WV, VA,MD, FL. What keeps the states united has not one goddamned thing to do with the stupid Electoral College. What united the states is the Federal government, many times more important than the state governments were in 1787.

8 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

You are one strange dude. Everything is about racism . You need to get a life.

I have one.

It is to straighten-out the crooked ways

and wicked thoughts of the Democrat Party.                    😎

34 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

The highest degree in law is a science degree doctorate of law. 

No, that is inaccurate.The Highest degree in law is the JURIS DOCTOR degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juris_Doctor .

This is generally awarded by law schools. The law is considered one of the Humanities, it is not a physical science.

This thread is a shining example of how Cons can’t reason well enough to determine the difference between correlation and causation. 

42 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

This is generally awarded by law schools. The law is considered one of the Humanities, it is not a physical science.

So this doesn’t count ?

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD)

A Doctor of Juridical Science degree is considered the highest level of a law degree and is designed for professionals who are looking to gain an advanced legal education after earning their JD and LLM.

and check this out.

https://onlinelaw.pepperdine.edu/student-experience/types-of-law-degrees/

the SJD

seems to be the highest.

btw, every trial is an exercise in the “scientific  Method“

So this doesn’t count ?

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD)
A Doctor of Juridical Science degree is considered the highest level of a law degree and is designed for professionals who are looking to gain an advanced legal education after earning their JD and LLM.

I disagree with the premise that the Law is an actual "science". Perhaps a social science. The base meaning of science is "knowledge", but the law is always based on social customs.

The Law in Abu Dhabi deals with polygamy and Koranic Law. US law does not, for example.

Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, Mathematics, Chemistry will be identical in both countries.

46 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The word science is a methodology , physical sciences or natural sciences are what many limit their exposure of the word science to. We use science to arrive at an understanding in every discipline.   
As a math person And a long time member of the AAAS, that’s how we view science. Otherwise mathematics would be suspect....it’s a formal science, Political science is real and not natural too.

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

I have one.

It is to straighten-out the crooked ways

and wicked thoughts of the Democrat Party.                    😎

Trickle down Dedication 

AGW disbelief 

universal healthcare Repudiation ......

and a plethora of other stupid thoughts that no other free country country or research facility or government In the world agrees with the gop . 

it makes them the party of the dumb. 
Geesus , they don’t even believe in the constitution and the rule of law.

26 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I disagree with the premise that the Law is an actual "science". Perhaps a social science. The base meaning of science is "knowledge", but the law is always based on social customs.

The Law in Abu Dhabi deals with polygamy and Koranic Law. US law does not, for example.

Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, Mathematics, Chemistry will be identical in both countries.

Btw, laws in this day and age are suppose to be decided by a government that uses a constitution with an accepted set of ideas as a foundation. The practicality of any law is argued using the scientific method. 

That’s why the highest degree in law holds reference to Science.  We try to use science and not customs to write laws. 

the S is for science for a reason.

30 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The basic steps of the scientific method are: 1) make an observation that describes a problem, 2) create a hypothesis, 3) test the hypothesis, and 4) draw conclusions and refine the hypothesis.

Every discipline needs science  

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

For one thing, “science“  is not just knowledge. It’s knowledge that’s attained using the scientific method. That’s huge. The Bible has knowledge. But, it’s knowledge derived Through Faith, not the scientific method. So you can’t say the knowledge in a Bible is “science.” That AGW which is also knowledge is science,  is true. Because,  AGW was acquired using the Scientific method. 

For one thing, “science“  is not just knowledge. It’s knowledge that’s attained using the scientific method. That’s huge. The Bible has knowledge. But, it’s knowledge derived Through Faith, not the scientific method. So you can’t say the knowledge in a Bible is “science.” That AGW which is also knowledge is science,  is true. Because,  AGW was acquired using the Scientific method. 

The writing and application of laws are NOT any sort of hard science, they are based on social customs. The legal system is based on precedence, not hard science. Examples of this are societal norms involving the age at which a child becomes a legal adult, the age of consent, the legal age for marriage, the number of wives a man can have and the number of husbands that a wife can have, laws involving same sex and different sex marriage, laws regarding inheritance, laws involving what happens to an estate in the case of divorce. Proper treatment of animals.

The scientific method cannot tell people whether or not they can eat horses or dogs, cats, rabbits, insects, all that stuff.

The Bible is not necessarily based on faith,  much of it comes under the heading of lore and folklore, tales and legends.

51 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The writing and application of laws are NOT any sort of hard science, they are based on social customs. The legal system is based on precedence, not hard science. Examples of this are societal norms involving the age at which a child becomes a legal adult, the age of consent, the legal age for marriage, the number of wives a man can have and the number of husbands that a wife can have, laws involving same sex and different sex marriage, laws regarding inheritance, laws involving what happens to an estate in the case of divorce. Proper treatment of animals.

The scientific method cannot tell people whether or not they can eat horses or dogs, cats, rabbits, insects, all that stuff.

The Bible is not necessarily based on faith,  much of it comes under the heading of lore and folklore, tales and legends.

First, you use the terms “ hard science“ instead of “science” because simply, I’m right. . We were talking about “science” which includes both hard and soft not “hard science.” 
Science is EVERY body of knowledge , both hard and soft that was derived using the scientific method. it’s that simple. Just because you think hard science is the only type of science, that doesn’t make it true. Any time you see the word science, it means knowledge taught in that area was derived using the scientific method. Math is used in nearly every body of knowledge,  scientific or not. But, science cannot exist without it because it’s the language of science.   I’m a math person and that’s just the way it is, no exceptions. 

The Bible and  Religion is knowledge based upon FAITH. Look it up. You can parse  your words all you want, but knowledge is either science based or it isn’t.. It’s not ROCKET SCIENCE. ;) They ( folklore, legends etc).  are all synonyms for non scientific knowledge based upon something other then science. Actual Belief in any of them requires faith which is by definition, is  the absence of accepted science based facts or knowledge.   Let’s move on...

5 minutes ago, Dagosa said:

First, you use the terms “ hard science“ instead of “science” because simply, I’m right. . We were talking about “science” which includes both hard and soft not “hard science.” 
Science is EVERY body of knowledge , both hard and soft that was derived using the scientific method. it’s that simple. Just because you think hard science is the only type of science, that doesn’t make it true. Any time you see the word science, it means knowledge taught in that area was derived using the scientific method. Math is used in nearly every body of knowledge,  scientific or not. But, science cannot exist without it because it’s the language if science.   I’m a math person, and member of AAAS for decades.

The Bible and  Religion is knowledge based upon FAITH. Look it up. You can parse  your words all you want, but knowledge is either science based or it isn’t.. It’s not ROCKET SCIENCE. ;) They ( folklore, legends etc).  are all synonyms for non scientific knowledge based upon something other then science. Actual Belief in any of them requires faith which is by definition, is  the absence of accepted science based facts or knowledge.   Let’s move on...

There is a lot of knowledge that is NOT based on faith or science. Like eating insects, for example. In some states, Peruvian and Bolivian Americans can purchase frozen cuy (guinea pigs) . In other states importation of frozen rodents is limited to rabbits, hares and such. It's a matter of social norms, passed into law by European Americans who have yet to eat their first cuy.

The legal profession is more like sociology than it is biology.

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Now your arguing at the fringes.  Slavery was  a social norm In the south and laws based upon them were non science and unconstitutional. That’s why they are bad laws.....same with your examples.