BLM rally in Louisville KY just got shot up.

2 minutes ago, RHanson said:

The proper response to someone breaking down your door in the middle of the night is to shoot them dead.

Anyone can shout police as they enter.

No knock warrants put both the public and police officers at significant risk, mostly the public, with often tragic results.

pretty much why i don't like no knock warrants.

and doors are usually locked at night which means the police busted the door open.

4 minutes ago, jerra- said:

and doors are usually locked at night which means the police busted the door open.

I am not anti - police, but neither am I a huge fan.  Any civil society must have some measure of law enforcement.

Police, in general, should exhibit a profound respect for the rights of the people and it is just wrong that the police can use deception and yet it is a crime to lie to the police. 

I am in favor of banning no knock warrens and making it a crime, and automatic termination, for any officer to lie to a member of the public.  This will make it harder to gain a confession from a criminal suspect, but it would go a long way to gaining the respect and cooperation of the public at large.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jerra- said:

Those things seem to go bad often

• Kathryn Johnston was a 92-year-old Atlanta, Georgia, woman killed by three undercover police officers during a no-knock raid on November 21, 2006. Assuming her home was being invaded, Johnston fired one shot through the front door which went over the officers' heads. Police fired 39 shots in response, five of which hit Johnston and some of which also hit the officers in an incident of friendly fire. One officer was later convicted for planting three bags of marijuana in the home; officers were also convicted on charges of manslaughter, making false statements, and conspiracy to violate civil rights resulting in death.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, RHanson said:

I am not anti - police, but neither am I a huge fan.  Any civil society must have some measure of law enforcement.

Police, in general, should exhibit a profound respect for the rights of the people and it is just wrong that the police can use deception and yet it is a crime to lie to the police. 

I am in favor of banning no knock warrens and making it a crime, and automatic termination, for any officer to lie to a member of the public.  This will make it harder to gain a confession from a criminal suspect, but it would go a long way to gaining the respect and cooperation of the public at large.

people have spent years in jail because of coerced confessions when they were innocent. makes me believe that what matters most to the police is to get a conviction rather than find the guilty person/persons.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

Those things seem to go bad often

• Kathryn Johnston was a 92-year-old Atlanta, Georgia, woman killed by three undercover police officers during a no-knock raid on November 21, 2006. Assuming her home was being invaded, Johnston fired one shot through the front door which went over the officers' heads. Police fired 39 shots in response, five of which hit Johnston and some of which also hit the officers in an incident of friendly fire. One officer was later convicted for planting three bags of marijuana in the home; officers were also convicted on charges of manslaughter, making false statements, and conspiracy to violate civil rights resulting in death.

the whole thing stunk. 

1 hour ago, RHanson said:

The proper and reasonable response to someone breaking down your door in the middle of the night is to shoot them dead.

Anyone can shout police as they enter.

No knock warrants put both the public and police officers at significant risk, mostly the public, with often tragic results.

People should have a reasonable opportunity to peacefully comply with a legal warrant.  That means that should be served the warrant and provided with a short period of time to inspect the same.

I agree with this.

13 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Let's see who did the shooting. I realize the brothers love shooting up each other there, as well as numerous other cities...but who knows, maybe someone sick of this shit.

Can't help but see the pathetic irony of those wanting to disband police, making police their first call for help. 

Calling the police when someone is shooting in a public place is perfectly logical.

The protest was about the murder of an innocent women when the police broke down the door and stormed her apartment.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jerra- said:

the whole thing stunk. 

I want Maine and Vermont to start paying reparations to the members of BLM.

BLM is demanding free housing.  I want a $1,000.00/mo. housing allowance given to each member of BLM.

Paid for by the lily-white tax-payers of Maine and Vermont.

Will you agree with this proposal ?                                  😎

9 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I agree with this.

Calling the police when someone is shooting in a public place is perfectly logical.

The protest was about the murder of an innocent women when the police broke down the door and stormed her apartment.

Not murder.   It is not hard to understand why it was not murder, only a killing.  This type of hyperbole gives rise to hatred and bigotry against the police.

The protest was simply a manifestation of the widespread irrational hatred of the police.  This bigotry against the police is the wellspring of the BLM movement.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I agree with this.

until I find out differently I would say this was a peaceful (and understandable) protest.

1 minute ago, RHanson said:

Not murder.   It is not hard to understand why it was not murder, only a killing.  This type of hyperbola gives rise to hatred and bigotry against the police.

The protest was simply a manifestation of the widespread irrational hatred of the police. 

The woman was unarmed and was  deliberately shot.  People tend to dislike cops when they bust into your home and shoot you dead. But I would not call that "hatred or bigotry".

"hyperbola" (chuckle)

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

The woman was unarmed and was  deliberately shot.  People tend to dislike cops when they bust into your home and shoot you dead. But I would not call that "hatred or bigotry".

"hyperbola" (chuckle)

Even a mild "dislike" for a group of people based on the actions of only a tiny minority is bigotry.

5 hours ago, freeman said:

Not much to see.

Yeah, for a video that claims it captures the shooting, it does not.   They cut off that part of the video.   The complete video is linked in my first post and it shows the shooter ...

... who for some reason the media is still claiming is a man.  Notice the shooter has on white leggings or boots and white shoes.

Here's an even better image from the web ...

louisville-shooting-770x513.jpg

I still say that's a woman.  

So why is the media trying to convince us that a man did the shooting?

Here's the link to the source of that picture ...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/video-captures-man-opening-fire-on-a-louisville-park-protest-last-night-killing-one-man/

It states ...

A suspect has been arrested in the death of a Kentucky man who was fatally shot amid a protest in Louisville over the killing of Breonna Taylor, police said Sunday.

The suspect was hospitalized and being interviewed by homicide investigators, interim Louisville Police Chief Robert Schroeder said at a news conference. The person’s name was not immediately released.

… snip …

In a video of the shooting shown during the news conference, the suspect was surrounded by several people before shots were fired and people scrambled for cover. Schroeder said the suspect had been participating in the protests since they began and had been arrested a few times.

Except the video in that twitter post does NOT show "the suspect" being surrounded by people.  

It only has the same image of the shooter that I posted above.

And at the very end it shows what I believe is one of the victims (black leggings and boots) on the ground surrounded by people after the shooting.

But all the mainstream media CLAIM there's a video.  But no one is showing an image from it or an image from the video except the NYPost which claims the same thing as all the other media (https://nypost.com/2020/06/28/suspect-arrested-in-shooting-at-breonna-taylor-protest-in-kentucky/ ) and links as the video of the shooting shown at the news conference this: (https://nypost.com/2020/06/28/video-gunman-attacks-kentucky-protesters-leaving-one-dead/ ), seen below:

Go ahead ... watch it, folks.   You will not find an image of the shooter in it ... it begins after the person with the camera started running from shooter in the video I first linked.   And you will not find an image of the shooter surrounded by people as is claimed in ALL the articles.   You will will not even find an image of the victim (I think) who was seen shot (not the shooter because of different colored boots or leggings).  

Which begs the question ... if that is the video the police chief showed at the news conference, then why are both the media and the police now lying about what it shows?

4 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

I agree with this.

So who they gonna call when Tyrone is shooting up the neighborhood, a social worker?

And given how the left and their puppets have vilified the folks in blue, should they even bother to respond, provided they haven’t been disbanded already?

You idiots have made an already incredibly difficult job virtually impossible. 

11 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

So who they gonna call when Tyrone is shooting up the neighborhood, a social worker?

And given how the left and their puppets have vilified the folks in blue, should they even bother to respond, provided they haven’t been disbanded already?

You idiots have made an already incredibly difficult job virtually impossible. 

It's the typical leftist double standard.

The cops should only enforce the law when the mob needs protection from others... but not when others need protection from the mob.

43 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

It's the typical leftist double standard.

The cops should only enforce the law when the mob needs protection from others... but not when others need protection from the mob.

was the no knock invasion enforcing the law?

Interesting.   Apparently this guy ...

539df6f8-8e5a-4a9a-9e8d-e48fee859dca-AJ4

… a protestor named Steven Lopez, is person who was seen in the first video I posted shooting.  

Here’s a link to a blowup of that photo …

http://courier-journal.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge_remote.asp?source=&remoteimageid=28990982

I have to admit that could be the person in the photo I posted.

And according to this, https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2020/06/28/louisville-breonna-taylor-protest-shooting-suspect-identified/3274385001/  , “he was one of 17 protesters arrested on June 17, and a Courier Journal photographer captured his arrest that day in a photo (the one seen above). He was charged that morning with inciting a riot, disorderly conduct, harassment and possession of drug paraphernalia.”  

So it looks like this was a BLM on BLM shooting.   

13 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

So looks like this was a BLM on BLM shooting.   

I know niggers shooting niggers in the Dem plantations doesn’t matter, no agenda currency to be had.

Does BLM idiots shooting other BLM idiots......matter? Probably not, for the same reason as above.

It’s getting to be a pain discerning who’s life matters to these uneducated leftist losers.

20 minutes ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

I know niggers shooting niggers in the Dem plantations doesn’t matter, no agenda currency to be had.

Does BLM idiots shooting other BLM idiots......matter? Probably not, for the same reason as above.

It’s getting to be a pain discerning who’s life matters to these uneducated leftist losers.

giving a blank ticket for police to act in any manner they want is what brought us to this  point.

and saying the police are no worse than criminals doesn't make it right.

1 minute ago, jerra- said:

giving a blank ticket for police to act in any manner they want is what brought us to this  point

That didn't happen and perhaps saying that it did is what REALLY brought us to this point.

Just saying ...

49 minutes ago, BeAChooser said:

That didn't happen and perhaps saying that it did is what REALLY brought us to this point.

Just saying ...

A police officer involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor in Louisville, Kentucky, has been fired more than three months after Taylor's death, according to the police department.

Det. Brett Hankison was informed in a letter signed by the the police chief that his employment with the department "is terminated," effective immediately.
The Louisville Metro Police Department posted the letter, dated June 23, on Twitter.
Taylor, a 26-year-old Black EMT, was killed when police broke down the door to her apartment in an attempted drug sting and shot her eight times. Hankison and two other officers were later put on administrative leave.

"I find your conduct a shock to the conscience," Police Chief Robert Schroeder wrote in the letter. "I am alarmed and stunned you used deadly force in this fashion."
CNN reached out to Hankison and his attorney for comment but has not heard back.
Protests against police brutality that erupted after George Floyd's death in Minneapolis last month have, in Louisville, largely centered on Taylor's death.
Mayor Greg Fischer said last week he had initiated termination proceedings against Hankison.
Hankison violated standard operating procedure when his "actions displayed an extreme indifference to the value of human life" when he "wantonly and blindly fired ten (10) rounds" into Taylor's apartment, Schroeder wrote in the letter.
Some of the rounds Hankison fired went into an apartment next door, "endangering the three lives in that apartment," Schroeder wrote.
Much of Schroeder's letter on Tuesday echoed what he had written in a letter released last Friday.
"The result of your action seriously impedes the Department's goal of providing the citizens of our city with the most professional law enforcement agency possible," he wrote. "I cannot tolerate this type of conduct by any member of the Louisville Metro Police Department. Your conduct demands your termination."
Lonita Baker, an attorney for Taylor's family, said Friday that the family was "excited to get this news and are encouraged by it."
"This is just one step though," Baker added. "We're waiting for the other officers to be held accountable and for additional charges to be filed but this is a step in the right direction."
Baker said on Friday that Breonna's mother "enjoyed getting this bit of news."
Both letters said Hankison was disciplined in January 2019 for reckless conduct that injured an "innocent person," without giving details.
The officers were carrying out a search warrant in a narcotics investigation when they entered Taylor's apartment just before 1 a.m. on March 13, according to the police department.
The no-knock warrant issued by police included Taylor's house because, according to a police affidavit for a search warrant for the raid, which was obtained by CNN, authorities suspected a man involved in a drug ring was receiving packages of drugs at her home.
Taylor's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit two months after her killing, claiming charges of battery, wrongful death, excessive force, negligence and gross negligence.
On May 21, the FBI's Louisville office announced it was opening an investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death.
Also in late May, the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department said it would require all sworn officers to wear body cameras.
The LMPD also said it would change how the department carries out search warrants in response to Taylor's death. Fischer said the changes were the first steps the city would take toward improving police accountability.
LMPD Chief Steve Conrad was fired on June 1 after it was discovered the officers present at the shooting death of a Black man named David McAtee during a Louisville protest did not have their body cams turned on.

13 minutes ago, jerra- said:

You will bow-down to BLM out of weakness and cowardice.

This is where we part company.

You will......but I won't.

Have a nice evening.................(chickenshit)...................🥃

1 hour ago, jerra- said:

the no knock invasion happened

Yes, legally.   A judge had approved it.   So blame the judge, not the police.  

Also, there's more to the story than what you want people to believe.   First, exactly what happened is not exactly clear.   At a news conference on the day of the shooting, police said officers had knocked several times and “announced their presence”.    The family claims they didn't but should we necessarily believe the family?  A lot of lies have been told by blacks pushing the BLM agenda.   Second, after forcing their way in, officers “were immediately met by gunfire."   Taylor's boyfriend grabbed a gun (he had a license for it) and shot one of the officers in the leg.  The officers then fired over 20 rounds into the home, killing Taylor.  

Now, right or wrong,  the city council has since banned no-knock warrants, proving that police are not being given a "blank ticket" "to act in any manner they want."  Also, the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department in May announced it would require all sworn officers to wear body cameras. Furthermore, Detective Hankison and two other officers were put on administrative leave.  And Det. Hankison was recently fired, and based on what the Police Chief Robert Schroeder said ... that his "actions displayed an extreme indifference to the value of human life" when he "wantonly and blindly fired ten (10) rounds" into Taylor's apartment and that some of the rounds Hankison fired went into an apartment next door "endangering the three lives in that apartment" ... he may not be out of the woods legally, either.   I don't see the police or the city giving the police whatever they want?   So what exactly are the protestors protesting for at this point?  BLM Is NOT what you think.

1 hour ago, jerra- said:

giving a blank ticket for police to act in any manner they want is what brought us to this  point.

and saying the police are no worse than criminals doesn't make it right.

Your statement is utter garbage, so much so it’s hardly worth responding to such ignorance.

Whatta you do for a living? How would you feel right now if being a cop was your lifelong dream and you - like 95% of the cops were good people doing a very difficult job?  Used and abused by uneducated people so vile and full of a hate filled agenda that any normal person wants to puke?

Your statement above is one of the most ignorant statements I’ve read on this site.