IkeBana

Russia secretly offered Afghan militants bounties to kill US troops intelligence says

30 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Will you be as supportive of the court when there is a clear conservative majority?

No, and I will vote  against Trump so that this never happens.

A majority of the Christians in this country are Protestants.

How many Protestants are on the Court?

ZERO!  ZILCH!  BUPKISS!

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Alcohol and the feeling of drunkenness must appeal to other people more than it does to me. I dislike the taste of alcohol and booze makes me dizzy and want to throw up. And not pleasantly dizzy. I have not been drunk for 20 years. Two beers gives me all the buzz I need. And only occasionally

...and it sounds like I might drink less than you. 

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

ZERO!  ZILCH!  BUPKISS!

Only Jews and Catholics on the court --- THAT IS VERY ODD when there are so very many Protestants

in this country.  HOWEVER, if you look at the first 150 +/- years of our history, all the justices

were Episcopalians.  Payback is a bitch, eh? 

Just now, Scout said:

Only Jews and Catholics on the court --- THAT IS VERY ODD when there are so very many Protestants

in this country.  HOWEVER, if you look at the first 150 +/- years of our history, all the justices

were Episcopalians.  Payback is a bitch, eh? 

It's not payback.

I don't see this as any sort of payback.

And I do not think they were all Episcoplalians, either.

Catholics are officially against abortion of any sort for any reason.

Making abortion is a cheap way to appeal to fundies and rednecks by the oligarchy. If Elon Musk's  or Jeff Bezos or Carl Icon's daughter wants an abortion, they will get one, even if they have to fly to Belarus or Zamboanga. Easily a good trade off considering the gynormous tax cuts the "conservative" government gives them.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

ZERO!  ZILCH!  BUPKISS!

Huh, I thought Thomas was a Baptist. We need some protestants on the sc!

2 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

Will you be as supportive of the court when there is a clear conservative majority?

There is a clear conservative majority, numbnuts.  It's only assholes like you who will decide that someone who doesn't fit your fascistic mindset of conservatism, isn't actually a conservative.  Someone like chief justice Roberts, or former associate justice Kennedy.  Suddenly Roberts is a fake conservative according to you because Trump says he's a fake conservative.  According to Trump, who has never been a conservative. 

2 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

There is a clear conservative majority.  It's only assholes like you who will decide that someone who doesn't fit your fascistic mindset of conservatism, isn't actually a conservative.  Someone like chief justice Roberts.  Suddenly Roberts is a fake conservative according to you because Trump says he's a fake conservative.  According to Trump, who has never been a conservative. 

A good thought, there!

Trump is no sort of conservative.

With all those hotels and resorts shut down because of Covid-19, you gotta wonder how Trump's hotel empire is holding up...

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

A good thought, there!

Trump is no sort of conservative.

With all those hotels and resorts shut down because of Covid-19, you gotta wonder how Trump's hotel empire is holding up...

It's fucking ridiculous.  For decades Trump was an openly pro-choice New York Democrat.  His current conservative "chops" are lip service paid to his idiotic base who are too stupid to recognize a fucking snake oil peddler when they see one.  Trump doesn't give a shit in Randall Terry's hat for the unborn.  Trump doesn't give a shit in Pat Robertson 's hat for the sanctity of all life.  Republican voters, and the Trump base are the next batch of stupid marks in Trump's career as a sociopathic grifter.

18 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

There is a clear conservative majority, numbnuts.  It's only assholes like you who will decide that someone who doesn't fit your fascistic mindset of conservatism, isn't actually a conservative.  Someone like chief justice Roberts, or former associate justice Kennedy.  Suddenly Roberts is a fake conservative according to you because Trump says he's a fake conservative.  According to Trump, who has never been a conservative. 

His platform has been a conservative dream come true. I couldn't care less if he believes it or is just acting the part.

3 minutes ago, slideman said:

NATO officials say they were briefed on Russian bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan — even though Trump claims he wasn't

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-bounty-us-soldiers-afghanistan-nato-officials-briefed-trump-denies-2020-6

Nato...hmmm....isn't this the group Trump threatened to greatly reduce funding to if members didn't increase their contributions? Sure that is just a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

Huh, I thought Thomas was a Baptist. We need some protestants on the sc!

Clarence Thomas is a Catholic.  Most Georgia Blacks are Baptists, but Thomas is a Catholic.

There is a great documentary on Thomas on PBS these days.  It explains a lot about his history and  seems to be a bit more skewed to Thomas than against him.

19 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Nato...hmmm....isn't this the group Trump threatened to greatly reduce funding to if members didn't increase their contributions? Sure that is just a coincidence. 

Trump does no read his daily briefings. Now you are accusing NATO  of deliberately withholding info?

13 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Trump does no read his daily briefings. Now you are accusing NATO  of deliberately withholding info?

No, I am suggesting that nato members might have an interest in getting Trump out of the white house. I am sure Russia has been helping the Taliban for 19 years.

1 hour ago, NeoConvict said:

His platform has been a conservative dream come true. I couldn't care less if he believes it or is just acting the part.

You asked a fucking question about a "conservative court" and I answered it.

And all you have to say in response is this puke about your fucking criminal president?  So you don't care about integrity, truth and justice as long as you get the platform you want?  And then you'll complain about how fucked up the country is...when it's mostly fucked up because it's half full of slimebuckets like you.

2 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

You asked a fucking question about a "conservative court" and I answered it.

And all you have to say in response is this puke about your fucking criminal president?  So you don't care about integrity, truth and justice as long as you get the platform you want?  And then you'll complain about how fucked up the country is...when it's mostly fucked up because it's half full of slimebuckets like you.

The problem with this country is that half the people think the other half are irredeemable slimebuckets. I disagree with progressives and think some of there leaders are going down a Marxist path. I think most are moderates on both sides but the radicals on the left are growing in intensity. There will be predictable pushback.

7 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

The problem with this country is that half the people think the other half are irredeemable slimebuckets. I disagree with progressives and think some of there leaders are going down a Marxist path. I think most are moderates on both sides but the radicals on the left are growing in intensity. There will be predictable pushback.

And what about the radicals on the right?  Not a peep outta you which is why you're fulla shit.

It's a culture war.  It has been Vince the Civil War.  With the divide split even more by the Vietnam war.  Split wider still by the presidency of Reagan when the country was completely turned over to the corporatists, and backed up by laws protecting them at the expense of the people.  And finally cracked wide open by Trump, his co-conspirators in the GOP, and by deplorables like you in the electorate.

Well I got news for you...you're in the minority now, the country is shifting, and you're never gonna get the old America back.

36 minutes ago, slideman said:

Rick Wilson: Trump's 'high treason' means people will 'piss' on his grave 'for all time'

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rick-wilson-trumps-high-treason-means-people-will-piss-on-his-grave-for-all-time

"But in this case, it's not an abuse of the word. He met the literal definition of treason. He gave aid and comfort to the enemy and abetted the enemy. He did not take action," Wilson said. "It's not just treason. It's high treason. It's not just treason. It's historic treason."

• IDIOT! 1