leomon

US sets another single day COVID record

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

It is not all that surprising. Protests and reopening of most states is going to result in more cases. 

That's right. The reason for the shut-down was to keep hospitals from running over capacity. I think perhaps it could have been accomplished purely between face masks, washing and social distancing, while keeping everything open.

In certain locations it appears that hospitalizations are trending higher. But that's no reason to shut down South Dakota, that never even shut down during the first shut down. As Trump said, put out the fires in the areas in which they erupt.

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

Cheerleading a virus because it might damage Trump. Pretty fucking pathetic. 

And even worse, demonizing a demonstrated 100% effective treatment also because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, thereby directly killing thousands or tens of thousands of people around the world.

6 minutes ago, freeman said:

That's right. The reason for the shut-down was to keep hospitals from running over capacity. I think perhaps it could have been accomplished purely between face masks, washing and social distancing, while keeping everything open.

In certain locations it appears that hospitalizations are trending higher. But that's no reason to shut down South Dakota, that never even shut down during the first shut down. As Trump said, put out the fires in the areas in which they erupt.

I have stated since the beginning that blanketed actions were not the way to go. Shut down SF where they have the potential for a lot of cases in a very short amount of time. Brookings, SD or wherever..... not quite the same.

11 minutes ago, freeman said:

And we wouldn't need all the hospital space if patients were being treated on a timely basis - immediately upon a positive test with symptoms, with the best stuff available.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, freeman said:

Why not instead make an effort at being a little more constructive and answer the question that was posed?

When you look at that graph of new positive cases in the U.S. (orange line), do you see a spike, or a gradually increasing incidence since March 16th?

of course there is a spike

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Or is CDC fake news to you also

1 minute ago, leomon said:

what a horrible article

Sources please

Why you never provide proof of what you claim shilly willy!!!

1 minute ago, Duck615 said:

Why you never provide proof of what you claim shilly willy!!!

your posts are a waste of electricity 

Yawn

1 minute ago, leomon said:

your posts are a waste of electricity 

Yawn

your whole life is a waste...

7 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

your whole life is a waste...

oh im so upset keyboard warrior

Your posts dont contribute anything to this forum

U just keep talking about the same useless babble about how i am will franklin

Are u obsessed with him/ maybe u miss him?

we know you are willfranklin... you admitted to that fact before you were banned!!! LMFAO

2 hours ago, leomon said:

what a horrible article

Sources please

hello canada.  i won't waste my time because you have your own opinions which won't change.

15 hours ago, leomon said:

of course there is a spike

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Or is CDC fake news to you also

If the CDC weren't beyond politicization, then why did they stop contact tracing for AIDS - of all diseases - early on during the disease development?

But can we try to reason this out like a couple of adults?

When I look at the chart on the link you presented I do see an increase, but I certainly wouldn't characterize it as a "spike", and it becomes particularly unimpressive when you compare it to the number of people being tested. For weeks I looked around for a chart that showed the number of tests compared to the number of new cases and finally found one at nyc.gov. This is the only way the number of new cases can be put into context, wouldn't you agree? The more tests that are done, the more positive as well as negative cases will be recorded. Now that testing is so much more available, unlike before, they are testing people that go into the emergency room for car accidents and other unrelated issues so many more asymptomatic people are also being counted among the numbers than before. Now when you look at this graph of total tests, compared to the number of new positive cases, doesn't it make that chart at the CDC - that only includes the number of new cases - seem particularly unimpressive? Of course when there is more testing there will be more positive tests!

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/320684-graph-of-number-of-covid-tests-compared-number-new-cases/

05978190.png

I do agree that some areas are having more trouble and need to be watched more closely than others, and folks that come in close proximity to each other or handle things for others should wear masks, at least over their mouths. Indeed I think masks over the mouth, reducing contact with others and hand washing is the most that ever needed to be done in the first place.

But the more people that get infected with COVID, the closer we get to herd immunity, and considering there is a remedy that is nearly 100% effective, even the elderly don't need to be as concerned as some suggest.

If people were being treated with HCQ+AZ+Z immediately upon presentation of symptoms and a positive test, not even one person in a hundred would wind up in the hospital - including the elderly and other high-risk patients - and then likely being admitted only for pneumonia, that would not require the ICU. Virtually nobody would wind up on oxygen for the rest of their lives like so many are today. Like this group of 699 Israelis as well as others:

Taking the COVID pressure off would also allow our hospitals to be involved in elective procedures and the normal business of hospitals again. But all sickness is such big business, there are many forces fighting against getting people off of drugs and making people better again from all types of illness. Having people on oxygen and keeping them sick is good for business.

But some conscientious doctors are suing the FDA for its "irrational" withdrawal of HCQ.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/association-american-physicians-surgeons-aaps-182000674.html

People with financial interest in Gilead Sciences, that are advancing a less effective competing drug, formed a majority of the panel that was "investigating" HCQ in the bogus - now retracted - study on HCQ.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/05/02/pseudo-science-behind-the-assault-on-hydroxychloroquine/

Regarding the bogus study published in Lancet.

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/318117-hydroxychloroquine-study-retracted-amid-lancet-gate-scandal/

On 6/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, RelictLeperedFrog said:

It's a new record because everyone who goes to the hospital for a broken leg gets counted as covid:

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/texas-government-counting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case

COVID IS A FUCKING HOAX

NO ONE DIES OF HOAXES, you dolt.

6 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

NO ONE DIES OF HOAXES, you dolt.

99.95% of people under 60 that get this don't die either.

"In New York, coronavirus hospitalizations dipped just below 1,000 for the first time since March 18, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) said."

Gee, I wonder why? If you look at the sixth chart down you can readily see that Cuomo murdered the elderly, sick and fat people early on, so of course there will be a lower number now.

https://covidgraph.com/usa/

On 6/26/2020 at 5:47 PM, neue regel said:

Trump could have banned the protests, I suppose. 

Trump can't do anything  if  the  governor doesn't   allow it.

7 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Trump can't do anything  if  the  governor doesn't   allow it.

That’s true. I remember Seattle getting upset when Trump said he was going to straighten out their mess for them.