Jump to content
Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

New England - Needs To Be a State!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

 

But the State of New England would have Suffrage in the Senate.

 

Two Senators, as prescribed by the Constitution.

The State of Massachusetts would be deprived of it's suffrage in the Senate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Well, good luck with this. By this logic, we should combine North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska into one state. 

 

Good canard.

 

Does the Constitution prohibit combining New England into one logical State?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

 

Good canard.

 

Does the Constitution prohibit combining New England into one logical State?

No.

 

Still, I would not hold your breath in hopes of this happening in the next 100 years. They have tried to break California into smaller states and it has not come even close to fruition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RHanson said:

The State of Massachusetts would be deprived of it's suffrage in the Senate.

 

Massachusetts - would no longer BE a State.

 

Like depriving a corpse of voting rights.

(which Democrat National Socialists also have a problem with)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

No.

 

Still, I would not hold your breath in hopes of this happening in the next 100 years. They have tried to break California into smaller states and it has not come even close to fruition.

 

They're selfish elitists... for a bunch of Communist malcontents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

No.

 

Still, I would not hold your breath in hopes of this happening in the next 100 years. They have tried to break California into smaller states and it has not come even close to fruition.

Section 3

1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

 

All the States involved must also consent to any such change as well as Congress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RHanson said:

Section 3

1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

 

All the States involved must also consent to any such change as well as Congress.

Well aware of this hence why I pointed out how improbable it is that BlueDevil gets what he wants. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RHanson said:

My grand father, a professor, also suffered from this same character defect.

It is a defect that, at worst, has caused millions of people to be able to spell correctly.

5 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

 

Was referring to your proclivity to be one, in this Constitutional Republic of mine.

Neither the Communist Party USA or the Socialist Workers Party has an official stand on spelling reform.

The problem is that Standard dialects of English have between 44 and 49 different phonemes and we use an alphabet designed to be used for Latin with only 26 letters. Apostrophes do not affect the spoken word and therefore is is more difficult to recall the accepted usage.

 

Spanish has from 23 to 25 phonemes and uses an alphabet of 30 letters (the 26 of our alphabet, plus ch, ll, ñ and rr). It is a lot easier to spell, being nearly phonetic.

Russian has 33 letters and 33 sounds in the broadcast dialect. Turkish adopted a the Roman alphabet with some diacriticals and is probably the most phonetic, as linguists were consulted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nuckin futz said:

You spelled grammar wrong, ass! Its Gran Ma! LMAO! Spelling, dufus!

That was intentional, he was just funnin' me.

 

Getting back to the subject, DC should have two senators and representatives based on its population, like other states. Taxation without representation was a basic complaint of the Founding Fathers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RHanson said:

Section 3

1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

 

All the States involved must also consent to any such change as well as Congress.

 

So it's doable.

 

...and Constitutional.

 

Thank you.

 

Now BLM and ANTIFA can start the protests.

 

 

The State of New England!

 

  And Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut converted to these Counties.

 

750px-Regions_of_NE_cropped.png

 

They already have a historical flag.

 

150px-Ensign_of_New_England_(pine_only).

 

Back to 45.

 

Like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blue Devil said:

 

So it's doable.

 

...and Constitutional.

 

Thank you.

 

Now BLM and ANTIFA can start the protests.

It cant be forced, but requires consent from all of the parties.  What you desert would be like a women consenting to her own rape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Its doable for New Mexico State to win a national championship in college football. Now, how probable is it is the question?

GO, AGGIES!

Aggies, Oh Aggies
The hills send back the cry
We're here to do or die
Aggies, Oh Aggies
We'll win this game or know the reason why
And when we win this game
We'll buy a keg of booze
And we'll drink to the Aggies
'Til we wobble in our shoes
A-G-G-I-E-S
Aggies, Aggies, go Aggies
Aggies, Oh Aggies
The hills send back the cry
We're here to do or die
Aggies, Oh Aggies
We'll win this game or know the reason why!
I note that they seem to have changed it slightly. It should say "The Hill, the Freshman cry", because there is but one hill, called  "Tortugas Mountain"  and "Aggie Mountain" near the campus, and the tradition was for the Freshmen to whitewash a giant letter A on it as an initiation ritual. The Tortugas Indians, who live on a nearby reservation also march up the mountain with torches to form a cross for ceremonies.

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/fightsongslyrics/newmexicostatefightsonglyrics.html
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RHanson said:

It cant be forced, but requires consent from all of the parties.  What you desert would be like a women consenting to her own rape.

 

That's what BLM and ANTIFA are for.

 

The Article  V Convention of States - might expedite the process as well, w/ a Constitutional amendment here and there.

 

Tear it down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

 

That's what BLM and ANTIFA are for.

 

The Article  V Convention of States - might expedite the process as well, w/ a Constitutional amendment here and there.

 

Tear it down!

Any such Amendment would explicitly require the consent of the states involved.

 

Proposed Amendment:

The State of California is to be removed from the Union of These United States.

 

As such an Amendment would deprive California of it franchise in the Senate, it would require the consent of California.  You cant write an Amendment to force a State our of the Union or to force one or more States to join together.

 

BLM, ANTIFA ... are have no power to affect such a change.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Going 57 years between bowl game appearances and only having a winning record twice in that span does not exactly make for a national championship pedigree.

 

Perhaps not. I never attended a single Aggies game. I was too busy peddling beautiful velvet paintings of JFK, Elvis, Speedy Gonzales, the Roadrunner, the Virgin de Guadalupe and desert landscapes to earn my keep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RHanson said:

Any such Amendment would explicitly require the consent of the states involved.

 

Proposed Amendment:

The State of California is to be removed from the Union of These United States.

 

As such an Amendment would deprive California of it franchise in the Senate, it would require the consent of California.  You cant write an Amendment to force a State our of the Union or to force one or more States to join together.

 

BLM, ANTIFA ... are have no power to affect such a change.

 

 

Amendments - simply have to be ratified.

 

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RHanson said:

BLM, ANTIFA ... are have no power to affect such a change.

 

 

BLM and ANTIFA are tearing down America and making demands as we speak.

 

Tear it Down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...