drvoke

I'm An Angry Black Woman. This Is What I Want White People To Know.

Demystifying Internalized Oppression: On Being an “Angry Black ...

"If you’re white and thinking, 'I’m not racist, I’m not prejudiced, I’m not biased.' You are. Own it."

The guilt is overwhelming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/voices/im-an-angry-black-woman-this-is-what-i-want-white-people-to-know/ar-BB14LFop?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

This a photo of my great-grandfather, Booker Howze. I never met him. In fact, my dad never met him either. He passed when he was a teenager. He was a Mississippi native who went North during the Great Migration, he was arrested in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania at the age of 24. His crime? “Suspicious person.”

Let’s pause for a moment and take that in. (Yeah, let's.-drvoke)

At an age where most of us have barely graduated college or get a decent job, he was taken to prison because somebody felt he looked like a dangerous, dishonest young man.

To this day it is still happening. Trayvon Martin’s killer was left to walk free. And then cop after cop was not arrested, or arrested but not indicted, or indicted but not convicted.

And then I understood.

I discovered how modern policing has its roots in slave patrols and not gun-slinging sheriffs in old Westerns as I saw on TV.

I finally realized that Africans were enslaved long before the Constitution was even written. When it was “signed, sealed and delivered,” it was a lie. White supremacy was ingrained in the system.

I no longer want the system fixed. I just don’t want the system at all.

Black Americans have consequences for our actions that are almost always potentially equal to our life. Try to pay for groceries with a counterfeit bill  you end up dying in the street for the world to see. Play for your music too loud with your friends and a random guy can shoot you in broad daylight.

We, Black people, do the work of fighting for justice because we care about one another. We defend our humanity the way your gun-toting neighbors defend their gun rights at every moment’s notice.  

We can march for integration into communities that would rather move out of their homes than live across the street from us.

Racism exists because white colonists decided hundreds of years ago to dominate a land full of native people who were minding their own business and then to kidnap people from another continent to labor mercilessly without compensation for their economic gain. And ever since, the status quo has been twisted to maintain the economic and social hierarchy that existed the day America became America. Anyone who’s paid two seconds of attention to history knows America does not live up to its own standards, and its ideals of things like unalienable rights certainly don’t apply if you’re not white. Where were the rights of all the men, women and children throughout history whose lives were taken for nothing? White Americans were nourished by that blood and injustice.

"My great-grandfather, Booker Howze." (aka "suspicious person")

If it is about Skin Color to you...?

its-all-about-that-race-every-inch-you-r

Then YOU are the racist.

Period.

1.  I really do not care what you think … don't know you, don't know your story, and I am really not interested in learning … And actually that doesn't make me a racist … I pretty much feel the same way about just about everybody I do not know... So in reality is it fair and equitable. 

2.  I am not going to fell guilty for something someone did over 200 years ago.  I didn't do it and I am not going to apologize for something me nor my family never did. Go play your race card some where else … and try to lay a guilt trip on them .

3. My ancestor fought for the Union and were wounded so your black ass can be free …. No one ever thanked them for their freedom … and you as hell will not thank me for you freedom … 

4.  So I am call BS … I am not pre-judging you … it is you who are pre-judging me... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

"If you’re white and thinking, 'I’m not racist, I’m not prejudiced, I’m not biased.' You are. Own it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/voices/im-an-angry-black-woman-this-is-what-i-want-white-people-to-know/ar-BB14LFop?ocid=spartanntp

This a photo of my great-grandfather, Booker Howze. I never met him. In fact, my dad never met him either. He passed when he was a teenager. He was a Mississippi native who went North during the Great Migration, he was arrested in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania at the age of 24. His crime? “Suspicious person.”

At an age where most of us have barely graduated college or get a decent job, he was taken to prison because somebody felt he looked like a dangerous, dishonest young man.

To this day it is still happening. Trayvon Martin’s killer was left to walk free. And then cop after cop was not arrested, or arrested but not indicted, or indicted but not convicted.

And then I understood.

I discovered how modern policing has its roots in slave patrols and not gun-slinging sheriffs in old Westerns as I saw on TV.

I finally realized that Africans were enslaved long before the Constitution was even written. When it was “signed, sealed and delivered,” it was a lie. White supremacy was ingrained in the system.

Black Americans have consequences for our actions that are almost always potentially equal to our life. Try to pay for groceries with a counterfeit bill  you end up dying in the street for the world to see. Play for your music too loud with your friends and a random guy can shoot you in broad daylight.

We, Black people, do the work of fighting for justice because we care about one another. We defend our humanity the way your gun-toting neighbors defend their gun rights at every moment’s notice.  

We can march for integration into communities that would rather move out of their homes than live across the street from us.

Racism exists because white colonists decided hundreds of years ago to dominate a land full of native people who were minding their own business and then to kidnap people from another continent to labor mercilessly without compensation for their economic gain. And ever since, the status quo has been twisted to maintain the economic and social hierarchy that existed the day America became America. Anyone who’s paid two seconds of attention to history knows America does not live up to its own standards, and its ideals of things like unalienable rights certainly don’t apply if you’re not white. Where were the rights of all the men, women and children throughout history whose lives were taken for nothing? White Americans were nourished by that blood and injustice.

My grandmother was once by raped by a black man.  1957. 

I have decided to make the black race pay for their sins.

100 black men must die.    I have put a silencer on my 1000yd. .308 Thompson-Center.

I am going to move into the black neighborhood of Memphis.

Vengeance is mine.

Philosophical question.

Do the sins of one man, fall upon the race, and descendants of that man?                        🥃

24 minutes ago, Taipan said:

My grandmother was once by raped by a black man.  1957. 

I have decided to make the black race pay for their sins.

100 black men must die.    I have put a silencer on my 1000yd. .308 Thompson-Center.

I am going to move into the black neighborhood of Memphis.

Vengeance is mine.

Philosophical question.

Do the sins of one man, fall upon the race, and descendants of that man?                        🥃

collective guilt  is a vey dangerous game, the nazis blamed the jews the jews blamed the germans , and all the bodies did were pile upDtdu7_mVsAA0P4G.jpg

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

And then I understood.

I’d agree except that cops don’t get convicted when whites die in custody either. It’s not a racism thing. It’s police are protected because they put their lives on the line every day to protect us. 

Have an extreme minority abused this protection? No doubt, but you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. 

1 minute ago, guilluamezenz said:

collective guilt  is a vey dangerous game, the nazis blamed the jews the jews blamed the germans , and all the bodies did were pile upDtdu7_mVsAA0P4G.jpg

The blacks are charging me with crimes from 200yrs. ago.

But, I did not commit those crimes.

1.6% of the pop. in 1850 owned slaves.   Do the white people of today

own a debt to anybody.........because of that 1.6% who chose to own slaves 200yrs.-ago? ?

I don't think so.           

Sir,

I want you on our team.         Fighting against the evilness of Black-Power.

Will you help us?                      🥃                            

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

I’d agree except that cops don’t get convicted when whites die in custody either. It’s not a racism thing. 

This is clearly the media's fault. They only run stories that have a black victim and a white 'perpetrator'. They are instigators.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, king of the county said:

Everyone is racist I’m sorry 

Biologically, we are all pattern recognition machines. Bias is in our genetic make-up. Reason can only attempt to fight back.

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

john q adama was against slavery and the trail of tears. unfortunately, andrew jackson was chosen to be president who was pretty much a hateful person who was in favor of slavery and also started the trail of tears. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

This is clearly the media's fault. They only run stories that have a black victim and a white 'perpetrator'. They are instigators.

Yep and they’ve taken away from the real problem which is abuse of power by a small percentage of police. 

5 hours ago, drvoke said:

Most of the problems we deal with are the media's fault.  

8 hours ago, drvoke said:

And then I understood.

Bad vibes, hateful sissy voodoo, stay back 50 feet.

9 hours ago, Taipan said:

Do the sins of one man, fall upon the race, and descendants of that man?     

IN the Bible, yes. In the laws of any civilized nation, no.

8 hours ago, Taipan said:

The blacks are charging me with crimes from 200yrs. ago.

But, I did not commit those crimes.

1.6% of the pop. in 1850 owned slaves.   Do the white people of today

own a debt to anybody.........because of that 1.6% who chose to own slaves 200yrs.-ago? ?

I don't think so.           

Sir,

I want you on our team.         Fighting against the evilness of Black-Power.

Will you help us?                      🥃                            

You have no team, and Black Power is not even your enemy.

Your real enemy is your own ignorance.

No one is charging you with any crime.

"If you’re white and thinking, 'I’m not racist, I’m not prejudiced, I’m not biased...

wtf gave you that idea?  blacks always did think they were mind readers.  they suck at it, but they never stop trying.  gotta admire that in a way.

10 hours ago, drvoke said:

I'm not now and never have been racist. But I've never too much difficulty spotting racists, such as the author. And ever since Barack Obama and Eric Holder kindled the flames of their race war, there's no doubt there are many more racists than there were prior to Ferguson.

Here's an example:

I walk into the neighborhood 7-11.  The newpapers are in a stack behind the counter.  Tyrone, the cashier, yes, that's really his name has one spread out on the countertop reading it, instead of stocking the papers where they go,  I said:  I need a newspaper.  He folds up the paper he's reading and hands it to me.  I point at the stack, saying give me the one on top.  THAT sets him off!  Ever since then he called me Bubba.  I quit going.  I was thinking look here you dumb fuck, if you had stocked the papers instead of reading them none of this would have happened.  I don't want the paper you've been rifling through with your scummy negro hands! 

Does that make me a racist?

14 hours ago, drvoke said:

And then I understood.

It's BULL SHIT !! 

There is racism, that's NOT what I'm saying... HOWEVER, what I AM saying is that there is racism of whites against blacks, blacks against whites, and EVERY ethnic community in the WORLD, against EVERY OTHER ethnic community IN THE WORLD...

You can see it in China, Japan, Europe, India, and EVERY OTHER country in the world... INCLUDING the United States !!   To try to STOP ALL OF IT?  IS IMPOSSIBLE !!  WE are human beings... AND THE BEST we can do is to act civil toward one another, and enact laws the would require us to act civil toward one another...

What these BLM and ANTIFA groups are TRYING to do, is to CREATE a PROBLEM for which there IS NO SOLOUTION !!  and spark a CIVIL WAR in America... to DESTROY the GREAT nation that we have, and to take it on a path to ANARCHY... so that some form of TOTALITARIAN POLICE state might emerge... which THEY would have a hand in enforcing... EXACTLY like the REDS did in Russia, the Brown shirts in NAZI Germany, and the BLACK shirts in pre WW2 Italy !!

IT MUST be ENDED, and teh SOB's involved MUST go to JAIL... FOREVER !!

16 hours ago, drvoke said:

Why are ultraliberals obsessed with showing that Negros are victims ?

Why don't ultraliberals care about Black on Black murders; robbery, rape, etc ?

1 minute ago, Old Mack said:

Why are ultraliberals obsessed with showing that Negros are victims ?

Why don't ultraliberals care about Black on Black murders; robbery, rape, etc ?

Guilt is easy. Finding real solutions is hard work. 

1 minute ago, drvoke said:

Guilt is easy.

I have no guilt for FK up things I have done in my life...let alone for what others have done.

FK up things I have done in my life are just part of my journey....sulking about them is not going to change a thing.

Tyrone:  Hey I heard your son was murdered by a White man.

Leroy:  Yeah he was murdered BUT it was by a Black man.

Tyrone:  Oh by a Black man...well in that case; no big deal.