Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

What makes a person American?

3 hours ago, CommieSlayinGirl said:

I am trying to MAKE a point. 

Me too... A citizen is not only someone who's born here or naturalized its someone who by their deeds show their belief in the ideals that this nation was founded on... Not sure why you disagree with my exclamation.

6 minutes ago, RHanson said:

Atheist always spouting their shit are a lot like vegans always shouting their shit, both crying for attention.

What people say when in pain are not a sign of belief in anything, other than they are in pain.

When the Russians were Soviets and officially, they still said Das Vidanya, and Reagan thought it had something to be with God as in "God be with you", and made a big deal about it. But the expression does not mention God, it means " Until we meet again". The Russians were very polite and let Reagan feel clever.

1 hour ago, RHanson said:

The simplistic view of an American would equate being a citizen to being an American, as if the words describe the same thing, but I think you are closer to the mark.  What is the essential character of an American?  If you hate America you can still be a citizen but are you truly an American?

You are correct. At the same time those who are Americans that hate their own country, do their best to separated themselves from Ameica. Then they enjoy all that America has to offer.

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I love my country and want to improve it. At the moment the best way to do it is to deep six Trump and McConnell.

You hate My Country and want to destroy it.

You just love stealing from it.

...And President Trump and Mitch McConnell are stopping you.

Pity, Comrade.

20 hours ago, Blue Devil said:

Bein' willing to travel the Globe... just to shoot Communists.

The Last Thing.

108271853.jpg

...a Communist should see.

So why aren't you an American, by your own definition?

Low-hanging fruit, but amusing to put my boot in your ass, yet again.

3 hours ago, 1AC said:

Me too... A citizen is not only someone who's born here or naturalized its someone who by their deeds show their belief in the ideals that this nation was founded on... Not sure why you disagree with my exclamation.

I am glad that you are back, cowboy.

All beer is on me today.                                      🤠...🍺     

5 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

This racist hateful cracker is a total idiot.

He needs to be kicked to the curb, and swept off with the rubbish.

Says the subversive Academic Communist malcontent.

You Hate My America.

6 hours ago, SheikhYerbouti said:

So why aren't you an American, by your own definition?

Low-hanging fruit, but amusing to put my boot in your ass, yet again.

Your vagina still sore, princess?

5 hours ago, Taipan said:

I am glad that you are back, cowboy.

All beer is on me today.                                      🤠...🍺     

🍸🍸🍕🍰

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 6:15 PM, CommieSlayinGirl said:

So far, a lot of you fail to grasp the difference between a state and a nation. A state is bureaucracy. A nation is PEOPLE. The Cherokee nation are a people. Simply moving to another place and obtaining state paperwork does not make you a member of that nation. This “America is an idea” is what will end this nation. It began as a British colony snd was founded by British revolutionaries. It should belong to their posterity. But in the 20th century we decided that America was an idea, therefore it belongs to no one. Those who inherit it will be the ones who claim it as their own and are willing to commit violence in order to take it over. You see that happening now. Groups like LaRaza and BLM believe they have valid claims to this land, and they’re willing to take it. There’s nothing we can do about it either because we called our own nation an idea and handed it over to barbarians, thinking our “magic dirt” would make them magically turn into freedom loving, small government individualists who want to emulate Anglo culture. SPOILER ALERT! America has been the recipient of the largest migration of humans in all of recorded history. those people didn’t magically lose their nationality, languages, cultures, and values when they came here. They’ll take what wealth is here, fight for territory, and establish their national identities here. A Country with no national identity can’t survive long-term. It will be taken over by those who still have a national identity. 

Too many parasites view America as nothing more than a host. They forget, when the host dies, the parasite often dies.

Being born in the USA makes you an American, for sure. That is what the Constitution says.

Of course, there are actually THREE Americas: North, South and Central, along with surrounding islands.

In Spanish, citizens of the USA are called "norteamericanos". "Americanos" means anyone  born in any of las tres Américas.

In Spain, immigrants from Spain to the New World were called "Indianos".

• Upvote 1