NeoConvict

Police should go on strike

They already had sick outs in LA* and Atlanta...I'm sure it will spread out.

* The LA mayor wants to cut funding to the PD and they're not really happy about it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Enough of this garbage. I am not a union fan but if there ever was a time for the police unions to act, it's now. Atlanta cops should strike until the charges are dropped against the cop that euthanized Rayshard Brooks. Cops should strike in any area seriously contemplating defunding their departments.

They should give the dems a taste of their own medicine.

16 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Enough of this garbage. I am not a union fan but if there ever was a time for the police unions to act, it's now. Atlanta cops should strike until the charges are dropped against the cop that euthanized Rayshard Brooks. Cops should strike in any area seriously contemplating defunding their departments.

Great idea.  Instead of one of them not doing their job correctly, and getting nailed for it, all of them are now not doing their jobs right when people want to defund them.  See the problem?

Gee, Sam, all the police walked off the job.  Oh, okay, well then we no longer need to pay them.

19 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Great idea.  Instead of one of them not doing their job correctly, and getting nailed for it, all of them are now not doing their jobs right when people want to defund them.  See the problem?

Gee, Sam, all the police walked off the job.  Oh, okay, well then we no longer need to pay them.

Think people need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that cops provide a vital service and that 99.99% of them are great public servants. This is one union action I can wholeheartedly support. Charging officers with murder when they correctly execute their duties shouldn't be tolerated. 

43 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Can they do this ? 

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Can they do this ? 

They have unions that are usually used to shelter shitty officers from consequences. I assume they get this power they same place all unions and collective bargaining organizations do, the threat of strike or sickout. I was against police unions because of the above. Like teachers unions, they give cover to the bad apples. In this case though they might be used as a force for good.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, NeoConvict said:

They have unions that are usually used to shelter shitty officers from consequences. I assume they get this power they same place all unions and collective bargaining organizations do, the threat of strike or sickest. I was against police unions because of the above. Like teachers unions, they give cover t o the bad apples. In this case though they might be used as a force for good.

Police on strike.. idk that sounds dangerous. 
it’s not like when teachers go on strike. 

8 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Think people need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that cops provide a vital service and that 99.99% of them are great public servants. This is one union action I can wholeheartedly support. Charging officers with murder when they correctly execute their duties shouldn't be tolerated. 

Nice hypocrisy.  There are other ways the union can show their dislike without showing the people life is better without the pigs.

When someone says you are doing a shit job so buck up, you don't walk off the job unless you no longer want it.

57 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

No need. They are quitting. 

6 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Nice hypocrisy.  There are other ways the union can show their dislike without showing the people life is better without the pigs.

When someone says you are doing a shit job so buck up, you don't walk off the job unless you no longer want it.

You think there is any risk that people would learn life is fine without the police? Atlanta union should give the DA 30 days to drop the charges or they walk.

37 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

You think there is any risk that people would learn life is fine without the police? Atlanta union should give the DA 30 days to drop the charges or they walk.

Blackmail, by the police.  What a wonderful plan for Law and Order.

What could go wrong?

We have a system here, and it sucks, but use it otherwise it's you walked out, it's a one-way door.  See ya.

1 minute ago, Pengwin said:

Blackmail, by the police.  What a wonderful plan for Law and Order.

What could go wrong?

Is it blackmail when teachers do it? Auto workers? Air traffic controllers?

54 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Can they do this ? 

Not really.  Those type of jobs are prohibited from striking.  They can do what the NYPD would do back in the day.  Suddenly many cops would catch what was called the Blue Flu and call out.

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

Not really.  Those type of jobs are prohibited from striking.  They can do what the NYPD would do back in the day.  Suddenly many cops would catch what was called the Blue Flu and call out.

The Blue Flu. Hmm never heard of that . 

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

The Blue Flu. Hmm never heard of that . 

I haven't heard it in years.

blue flu

noun

1. a strike action, especially among police officers, in which workers are absent on the pretext of sickness.

Just now, Huey said:

I haven't heard it in years.

blue flu

noun

1. a strike action, especially among police officers, in which workers are absent on the pretext of sickness.

So... the dynamic of calling out of work sick post covid will be different. 
Employers are going to want to know wtf you have. 
No more blowing off work 

56 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Police on strike.

Notice that New York City's murder rate more than doubled last month.

Just now, BeAChooser said:

Notice that New York City's murder rate more than doubled last month.

Not surprising. This is going to be a crazy summer. 

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

Can they do this ? 

Can they do what?  Do you understand what "defunding" is really about?  I kinda doubt it.  Or that you're even interested in getting it right.

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

So... the dynamic of calling out of work sick post covid will be different. 
Employers are going to want to know wtf you have. 
No more blowing off work 

If anything it would be easier, especially in big cities with high covid19 numbers. My employer sent me home a couple weeks before the rest of the country was shut down because one of my wife's patients tested positive. It is a matter of saying "I came in unprotected contact with someone that tested positive for Rona." Thanks to hippa there is no way to verify this.

WTF is wrong with you people.  In addition to shooting a fleeing suspect in the back, which is a violation of Atlanta PD misconduct policy and procedures that Rolfe took an oath to observe, he violated nine additional standing policies.  All of them punishable by jail time.

If Brooks had survived, Rolfe would still be going to jail.

10 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

If anything it would be easier, especially in big cities with high covid19 numbers. My employer sent me home a couple weeks before the rest of the country was shut down because one of my wife's patients tested positive. It is a matter of saying "I came in unprotected contact with someone that tested positive for Rona." Thanks to hippa there is no way to verify this.

Hmm more ways to take advantage 

12 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

Can they do what?  Do you understand what "defunding" is really about?  I kinda doubt it.  Or that you're even interested in getting it right.

Defunding and going on strike are two different things. 

8 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

WTF is wrong with you people.  In addition to shooting a fleeing suspect in the back, which is a violation of Atlanta PD misconduct policy and procedures that Rolfe took an oath to observe, he violated nine additional standing policies.  All of them punishable by jail time.

If Brooks had survived, Rolfe would still be going to jail.

While he was firing a taser at officers. If he was shot in the back because a chubby cop couldn't catch him I would agree with you. This case? Self defense.