What would you say to schools being required to have a class that teaches the full world history of slavery?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would think that would be too controversial, and sure as hell too negative to teach to young children. A good subject for a university; Anthropology 343 (elective) Slavery through the Ages

For what end?  The old adage of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it doesn't always apply...and it doesn't here.  What good does expanding the "lesson plan" related to slavery ac

I don't think young children should be exposed to Silence of the Lambs either. IN OTHER NEWS:       

It would be very instructive, but any reality of your suggestion, doesn't even rise to the level pipe dream. It doesn't require rocket science to imagine that it wasn't the captains and crews of slave ships that ran around the jungle rounding up their cargo. Here's class 101.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

I would think that would be too controversial, and sure as hell too negative to teach to young children.

A good subject for a university;

Anthropology 343 (elective) Slavery through the Ages. prerequisite: World History 201 and 202.

They already teach kids controversial subjects.

I'm betting the dem party would be against it cause it might damage one of their politic weapons.

For what end?  The old adage of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it doesn't always apply...and it doesn't here.  What good does expanding the "lesson plan" related to slavery accomplish?  Nobody can change what happened.  It would not "lessen the burden" that many feel they carry because their great-great-great grandparents were slaves...five generations later, it is probably best to simply decide to work hard and do everything you can to improve your station in life as much as possible rather that demand an apology from someone who didn't oppress your ancestors.

I think our students would be better served and prepared to compete in the global marketplace by spending that time learning to master STEM related topics or useful trades that will be needed regardless.

• Upvote 1

Here's slavery class 102:

The penalty for leaving Islam:

Iran – illegal (death penalty)[13][14][15]

Egypt – illegal (3 years' imprisonment)[15]

Pakistan – illegal (death penalty[15] since 2007)

United Arab Emirates – illegal (3 years' imprisonment, flogging)[16]

Somalia – illegal (death penalty)[17]

Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, although the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions)[18][19]

Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)[15][20]

Sudan – illegal (death penalty, although there have only been recent reports of torture, and not of execution)[21][22]

Qatar – illegal (death penalty)[23]

United Arab Emirates (death penalty) link wikipedia - people financially support this evil by vacationing in Dubai

Yemen – illegal (death penalty)[23]

Malaysia – illegal in five of 13 states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)[24][25]

Maldives - loss of citizenship perhaps death

Mauritania – illegal (death penalty if still apostate after 3 days)[26]

Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy[28][29][30]

Oman – legal in criminal code, but according to the family code, a father can lose custody of his child[31]

In other countries you loose inheritance, shunned by family and/or employer, etc. etc.

That's 1.5 billion people enslaved to followers of Muhammad.

While the lefties join hands with them in solidarity toward their mutual goal of destruction of the West.

6 minutes ago, roadkill said:

I'm betting the dem party would be against it cause it might damage one of their politic weapons.

Like how boys can become girls and girls can become boys.

10 minutes ago, freeman said:

It would be very instructive, but any reality of your suggestion, doesn't even rise to the level pipe dream. It doesn't require rocket science to imagine that it wasn't the captains and crews of slave ships that ran around the jungle rounding up their cargo.

Very informative...I've seen similar videos that show the larger story and truth about world slavery.

3 minutes ago, freeman said:

Like how boys can become girls and girls can become boys.

Yep...that's much more important to the left.

To them the truth is a real drag.

4 minutes ago, roadkill said:

Very informative...I've seen similar videos that show the larger story and truth about world slavery.

But any websites that simply report the truth, are spiked to their doom by Google's PC police.

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I think a class on the holocaust or American Indian destruction would be more beneficial 

And a class on the true nature of some of the American Indian tribes and how they treated other Indians.

They too enslaved people from other tribes...some tribes used torture as entertainment.  

Just now, freeman said:

But any websites that simply report the truth, are spiked to their doom by Google's PC police.

Exactly...Google undermines freedom using bias.

1 minute ago, roadkill said:

The parallels to Orwell's 1984 are stunning. About all he got wrong was the date.

Just now, roadkill said:

And a class on the true nature of some of the American Indian tribes and how they treated other Indians.

They too enslaved people from other tribes...some tribes used torture as entertainment.  

There are many groups of people that have got the shit end of the stick. Im a woman.
the 19th amendment lets me vote. 
I take pride in my right to vote. 
when I hear @Pastafarian say he isn’t voting-I GET PISSED OFF. 

2 minutes ago, freeman said:

The parallels to Orwell's 1984 are stunning. About all he got wrong was the date.

There is definitely a movement to damage our freedom and liberty.

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

There are many groups of people that have got the shit end of the stick. Im a woman.
the 19th amendment lets me vote. 
I take pride in my right to vote. 
when I hear @Pastafarian say he isn’t voting-I GET PISSED OFF. 

Others use that tactic too...they want to convince others that they are above the fray.

24 minutes ago, roadkill said:

Neither party would want a class on slavery to be taught to their children. Again, this is a UNIVERSITY topic, for people over 18 at least.

Watch and see how this NEVER HAPPENS. It is not a conspiracy that it does not happen, either, it is simply a shitty idea.

13 minutes ago, roadkill said:

YOu can find anything with Google. I prefer Duck duck go, but  it is extremely easy to find ideas of any persuasion using google. You just need to know how to phrase your search.

24 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

For what end?  The old adage of those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it doesn't always apply...and it doesn't here.  What good does expanding the "lesson plan" related to slavery accomplish?

Some are so stupid they act as though it was a U.S. only activity. Most have been kept ignorant of the fact that it was the democrats that fought tooth and nail against freeing slaves, giving them citizenship, giving them the vote, and even giving women the vote (which was stalled by the dems for 20 years until the Republicans finally prevailed through a super majority.

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Neither party would want a class on slavery to be taught to their children. Again, this is a UNIVERSITY topic, for people over 18 at least.

Watch and see how this NEVER HAPPENS. It is not a conspiracy that it does not happen, either, it is simply a shitty idea.

But teaching little kids to change their gender is acceptable?

Teaching kids about the whole and real story of slavery would make it difficult for Biden to tell black Americans the repubs want to put them back in chains.

Teaching slavery would destroy the dems biggest political weapon...the race-card.

Just now, AnotherJim said:

Teach the full world history of slavery?   Can't allow that, since it would level the field on slavery. Our libs would be having stokes if truths were taught.

Yep...you can already see that Xavier is against it.