Banning every leftwinger on this site.

1 minute ago, kfools said:

Dunno.

You don't know all the key players and forum history in 100 posts though.

I don't  know  how  so many can figure  out  when a   SOK  is posting.  I am  relatively  clueless in  that  regard.    

34 minutes ago, freeman said:

I doubt that's it. You can download SMF forum software and use it for free (unless you want to thank them by way of donation), and hosting can be as cheap as $5 per month last time I checked. The reason is same reason that liberal talk radio was never able to sell. Only nitwits would be speaking or listening to the senseless leftist lies. They repeatedly demonstrate that their only recourse has been to try to silence voices of truth and reason.

The reason Liberal talk radio doesn't sell is because people demand conflict.  The reason Rush sells is because people like to hear somebody spew angry frustration at The Others.  Same reason people voted for Trump:  because they're pleased that he gets into spitting contests with celebrities they don't like.

Liberal talk radio thrives, though.  It just had to wait for the podcast to emerge.  And chat rooms like this?  There are tons of them, ranging from the most ardent right-wing echo chambers to the most radical left-wing coffee houses.  Commercially, Liberal talk radio wasn't viable because people tune in to things that make them angry or afraid, for some reason.  Howard Stern used to run a little blurb during commercials, something about the #1 reason people who like Howard sat they tune in for, they want to see what he'll say next, and the #1 reason people who hate Howard tune in for, is they want to see what he'll say next.

Shock jocks saying dumb sh!t that just irritates people are able to generate advertising revenue, but I don't hear anybody saying this proves they're smart or right about anything.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, freeman said:

Like an inversion of what those on the right have had to put up with at the hands of the deep state and their Pravda style propaganda machines for the last hundred years or so.

You ain't seen nothin yet, ya poor little victim.

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Wow. Well, it is his site so I guess feel free to ban them. They will simply go elsewhere.

It is his site and I respect that.  I'm just disappointed in that I was hoping to fill the Liberals Only area with more activity.  :(   Bottom line, I just want a place to talk politics with other left-of-center posters.  

Just now, RollingRock said:

It is his site and I respect that.  I'm just disappointed in that I was hoping to fill the Liberals Only area with more activity.  :(   Bottom line, I just want a place to talk politics with other left-of-center posters.  

It has been quite the roller coaster since he took over. Oh well...

9 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Wow. Well, it is his site so I guess feel free to ban them. They will simply go elsewhere.

I don’t want them to leave. I think he’s on a bit of a fed-up rant. 
i get it. A person can only take so much bulllshit - then they’ve had enough. It’s best to clear house of liars 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I don’t want them to leave. I think he’s on a bit of a fed-up rant. 
i get it. A person can only take so much bulllshit - then they’ve had enough. It’s best to clear house of liars 

I guess. Its his site and if he wants them gone then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

It’s not that serious. Flush out the liberals and make them come to NHB to actually debate. They hide in the LO room.

LO room is sparsely used. 3 or 4 regular posters and about 10% as much content as NHB. Most (on both sides) do not come here for actual debate. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

I guess. Its his site and if he wants them gone then so be it. 

I'm just disappointed because this place is the first and only forum I've ever participated in.  I've been here a long time and make every effort to not make things more difficult for the forum owner.     

Just now, impartialobserver said:

LO room is sparsely used. 3 or 4 regular posters and about 10% as much content as NHB. Most (on both sides) do not come here for actual debate. 

The debate room hasn’t seen a lot of activity lately. If we don’t have moderators , it’s hard to have a debate

4 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

It’s not that serious. Flush out the liberals and make them come to NHB to actually debate. They hide in the LO room.

I don't "hide."  I'm not "afraid" of anyone.  I have no interest in debate.  I just want to discuss the issues with other left-of-center posters.  I wish there was an area for that.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, RollingRock said:

I don't "hide."  I'm not "afraid" of anyone.  I have no interest in debate.  I just want to discuss the issues with other left-of-center posters.  I wish there was an area for that.

Well. I think your safe space is gone. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Proof that most do not come here to debate

Well. The debate rooms are very structured. It is more for thought out ideas and researched topics. 
People like to post to often to actually debate. It more fun to engage with others . 
but it’s more  rewarding to win a debate 

12 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Well. I think your safe space is gone. 

Except that's not what that space is.  I'm not afraid of the posters in NHB; I simply have no interest in interacting with them in that free-for-all format.  To each his own...  

Thanks for the condescension, though.   Nothing's changed here, I see.

2 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Weren't you the guy that started threads on just this issue?

That's precisely why he's angry - the manipulation and hypocrisy had serious, real-world effects.

• kfools unpinned this topic