Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RollingRock

A presidency spiraling out of control: Confronting a failed presidency, Trump plays politics with the protests

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

 

 

 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/trump-plays-politics-with-the-protests

 

The levels of both ignorance and narcissism are off the charts here.  :huh:  No, Cheeto, the governors aren't allowing people to protest just to mess with you.   This is about systematic racism and the murder of our black citizens at the hands of the police.  Americans are demanding change.   As usual, Trump is utterly clueless and self-focused.  

 

 

 

Trump really screwed himself even more this week. Joe Biden has a very effective campaign strategy. Sit back, Stay Low, Save your cash resources, and watch your opponent implode himself in front of the public. 

Trump is now confined to quarters and can only fire off cheap ineffective twitter shots from his bunker. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bludog said:

 

The twin crisis of COVID19 and the demonstrations have really cast a public spotlight on Trump's derangement.  Trump's advice on ingesting bleach and household cleaners is still reverberating among the suggestible people who tried it;  And the millions more who are appalled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-are-gargling-with-bleach-and-drinking-household-cleaners-to-prevent-coronavirus-cdc-report/ar-BB156p7v?ocid=bingcovid

The COVID19 pandemic has revealed Trump to be a public enemy.  His refusal to help the states and or even wear a mask, among other follies, is forcing much of the public to view him in a new, unflattering light.

 

Meanwhile, in the midst of the pandemic, massive demonstrations throughout the country are being quelled, withe Trump's encouragement, with extreme police brutality.  These marches are taking on an aura of the Freedom Marches of the 1960s.

 

And in the face of these marches, Trump's response is not to heal the Nation, but to hide in a bunker;  And build a giant fence around the White House.  Even many in his base have to be crestfallen.

 

If only the election was scheduled for two weeks from now.

He is imploding before our eyes and it only gets worse from here. The protests forced him to make some very bad choices and I don't think he recovers. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bludog said:

 

The twin crisis of COVID19 and the demonstrations have cast a public spotlight on Trump's derangement.  Trump's advice on ingesting bleach and household cleaners is still reverberating among the suggestible people who tried it;  And the millions more who are appalled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-are-gargling-with-bleach-and-drinking-household-cleaners-to-prevent-coronavirus-cdc-report/ar-BB156p7v?ocid=bingcovid

The COVID19 pandemic has revealed Trump to be a public enemy.  His refusal to help the states and or even wear a mask, among other follies, is forcing much of the public to view him in a new, unflattering light.

 

Meanwhile, in the midst of the pandemic, massive demonstrations throughout the country are being quelled, with Trump's encouragement, by extreme police brutality.  These marches are taking on an aura of the Freedom Marches of the 1960s.

 

And in the face of all this, Trump's response is not to heal the Nation, but to hide in a bunker;  And build a giant fence around the White House.  Even many in his base have to be crestfallen.

 

If only the election was scheduled for two weeks from now.

I'm of course pro union much like yourself but I'm learning more and more each day about these police unions and how they conduct themselves and basically hold a city hostage for their demands, lastly is their endorsement of Trump and their attacks on picketers striking for more fair wages and treatment. This is IMO the unions that the public hates and it deflects a bad light upon every other union out there that is only fighting for better wages and benefits for their members. I really don't see a real purpose for them needing a union, to me unions are needed for employees of unfair employers, basically if an employer is treating his employees fairly then the need isnt really there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fourputt said:

I'm of course pro union much like yourself but I'm learning more and more each day about these police unions and how they conduct themselves and basically hold a city hostage for their demands, lastly is their endorsement of Trump and their attacks on picketers striking for more fair wages and treatment. This is IMO the unions that the public hates and it deflects a bad light upon every other union out there that is only fighting for better wages and benefits for their members. I really don't see a real purpose for them needing a union, to me unions are needed for employees of unfair employers, basically if an employer is treating his employees fairly then the need isnt really there.

 

These "police unions" are not traditional unions at all.  They do not belong to the AFL-CIO nor any other blanket union organization.  They exist largely to protect policemen from the law itself.  These police unions or benevolent associations are actually anti-labor and, as you mention, back up the police when they violently attack peaceful members of a picket line.  Or during union demonstrations.  I have been witness to it myself, many times.

 

Police "union" political affiliations are exactly opposite of any other type of union.  They are pro-Conservative, pro-Trump and pro-authoritarian.  These enabling organizations designed to protect police when they abuse their authority, need to be abolished.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bludog said:

 

These "police unions" are not traditional unions at all.  They do not belong to the AFL-CIO nor any other blanket union organization.  They exist largely to protect policemen from the law itself.  These police unions or benevolent associations are actually anti-labor and, as you mention, back up the police when they violently attack peaceful members of a picket line.  Or during union demonstrations.  I have been witness to it myself, many times.

 

Police "union" political affiliations are exactly opposite of any other type of union.  They are pro-Conservative, pro-Trump and pro-authoritarian.  These enabling organizations designed to protect police when they abuse their authority, need to be abolished.

That's exactly what I thought, and is there any real strong evidence of state and local governments not being fair with police agencies in the past and the single purpose it seems is just to protect cops from prosecution. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the police be held to a higher standard of abiding by the law and shouldn't punishment be the maximum for those who are trusted with authority? I know the answer I just want to hear your version.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fourputt said:

That's exactly what I thought, and is there any real strong evidence of state and local governments not being fair with police agencies in the past and the single purpose it seems is just to protect cops from prosecution. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the police be held to a higher standard of abiding by the law and shouldn't punishment be the maximum for those who are trusted with authority? I know the answer I just want to hear your version.

 

What is happening now. across the nation, is the exact opposite of the way it should be.  Like you say, police should be held to a higher standard than civilians, in respect to law-breaking;   But instead, they are literally getting away with murder, among numerous other, lesser abuses.  So-called police unions have been complicit in bringing about this situation and keeping it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bludog said:

 

What is happening now. across the nation, is the exact opposite of the way it should be.  Like you say, police should be held to a higher standard than civilians, in respect to law-breaking;   But instead, they are literally getting away with murder, among numerous other, lesser abuses.  So-called police unions have been complicit in bringing about this situation and keeping it that way.

I'm wondering also besides protecting police from accountability did they really need collective bargaining to secure good living wages prior to organizing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fourputt said:

I'm wondering also besides protecting police from accountability did they really need collective bargaining to secure good living wages prior to organizing.

 

I'm guessing they did.  Whether in the public or private sectors, all non-management workers need collective bargaining to get a fair shake.  But these police benevolent associations go way further than that by making it possible for police to abuse their authority, usually with impunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's recent comments on Martin Gugino are truly appalling.  The man doesn't have a lick of decency in his body.  So we shouldn't act surprised when his fellow Republicans -- who ABSOLUTELY feel the same way he does -- act 'concerned' but then continue to vote for him.  Anyone who does not openly denounce Trump at this point, is complicit with his words.  Yes, that goes for Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

No holds barred chat

  • Hey kfools.. does this help? 


  • By Vegas

    Liberals are going to hell.


  • grgle



  • Where’s at @slideman?


  • Hola


  • I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 


  • By pmurT

    hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems


  • What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

     


  • Where does it say 2?


  • So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 


  • How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 



  • Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?


  • Mine too. I'm looking into it.


  • Mine too. 


  • I thought it was my location.. 


  • Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight


  • OK thanks

     



  • Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.


  • By teacher

    All lives matter.


  • By teacher

    Double post deleted.


  • By teacher

    Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

     

    This one is made for me. 


You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...