Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

I'm formally calling on The Liberal Council to remove RollingRock as a moderator.

SpyCar

Choosing him to mod the LO room was a thumb in the eye of liberal Democrats in the first place, but now he's making excuses for those engaged in making personal attacks and name calling (I was just compared with being a Trump Cultist) while RR makes excuses for that behavior, while trying to chill my legitimate spee speech in response to attack on the Democratic Party, and he suggests that I should be bound for NHB.

All this, and his "mod powers" have not even been invested yet.

What fair minded liberal couldn't see this coming?

Time to remove RollingRock. He can't get past his political bias or do the job fairly. This is an abuse situation in the making. Nip it in the bud

Bill

The issue started with this post:

A poster makes a long, heartfelt post about the state of our country.  Great post.  However, in one sentence in the very last paragraph, the poster comments that, "But democrats haven't fixed the problems.  Nobody has."

Based on that one sentence in that long post, Bill attacked the posters stating, "Attacking the Democratic Party will only get us 4 more year of Donald J Trump.  Are you really going for a repeat Cecilia?"

The thread devolved further from there.  Thoughts?  :huh:  No moderator action was taken except to Bill to chill out on the personal attacks.  Now he is demanding that I step down.  Feel free to read and give your input.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

The issue started with this post:

Poster makes a long, heartfelt post about the state of our country.  In one sentence in the last paragraph, the poster comments that, "But democrats haven't fixed the problems.  Nobody has."

Based on that one sentence in that long post, Bill attacked the posters stating, "Attacking the Democratic Party will only get us 4 more year of Donald J Trump.  Are you really going for a repeat Cecilia?"

The thread devolved further from there.  Thoughts?  :huh:  No moderator action was taken except to Bill to chill out on the personal attacks.  Feel free to read and give your input.  Thanks!

You snipped the quote.

And you can say they should vote.  But democrats haven't fixed the problems.  Nobody has.  And that we'll do a better job isn't good enough.  There needs to be real change.

This is a clear instance of questioning voting and voting for Democrats in particular. We know what the "real change" is that's being implied here.

Jean Moulin was spot on in a recent thread when he stated that we are at war. Pushing back against vote suppression and attacks on the Democratic Party--including raising the consequences of such efforts, ones we experience every day--is legitimate political free speech.

To chill my speech, RollingRock has repeatedly and falsely accuse me of making "personal attacks" and covered up for an actual personal attack ("Trump cultist") against me.

This guy just isn't suited to the position. He is too biased. Let's correct this problem now. Did we really not see this coming? 

Bill 

Now RollingRock has publicly endorsed my being compared with a Trump Cultist and arranged ror me--rather than he--to be sent to the Hell Room.

Just as planned. Liberal democrats are unwelcome to express legitimate fee speech in the LO Room.

Pure abuse.

Bill

Just now, SpyCar said:

Now RollingRock has publicly endorsed my being compared with a Trump Cultist and arrangedfor me--rather than he--to be sent to the Hell Room.

Just as planned. Liberal democrats are unwelcome to express legitimate political speech in the LO Room.

Pure abuse.

Bill

17 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Just as planned. Liberal democrats are unwelcome to express legitimate fee speech in the LO Room.

The only one at fault here is SpyCar.  He will not be allowed to turn the tables or overrule the just decision of moderator RollingRock.  

SpyCar repeatedly violated rule #2 of LO.

Post respectfully, personal attacks will not be tolerated

A reading of the pertinent thread clearly shows SpyCar is at fault

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/317500-millenials-are-the-looters/

37 minutes ago, bludog said:

The only one at fault here is SpyCar.  He will not be allowed to turn the tables or overrule the just decision of moderator RollingRock.  

SpyCar repeatedly violated rule #2 of LO.

A reading of the pertinent thread clearly shows SpyCar is at fault

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/317500-millenials-are-the-looters/

Damned lies, as per usual.

How totally unsurrpising.  You allow me to get smeared as being like a Trump Cultist while protecting the behaviors of posters who undermine the Democratic coalition from legitimate criticism.

Nothing has changed. This is a sham.

Bill

Just now, SpyCar said:

Damned lies, as per usual.

How totally unsurrpising.  You allow me to get smeared as being like a Trump Cultist while protecting the behaviors of posters who undermine the Democratic coalition from legitimate criticism. and protecting RR from being held accountable for moderating abuses. 

Nothing has changed. This is a sham. 

Bill

could of just passed over it instead of locking horns with it and making it more relevant to the world then it was 

now the thing is inflated and everyone is looking to see who bill is sparring with again 

seems counter productive to your goal Bill 

maybe instead of trashing peoples credibility or downing on them you could put focus to the good work that part IS doing