Z09

Floyd had criminal history and heart problems. So what! We don't treat people like this regardless....

5 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Regardless of Floyd's rather colorful past we simply don't treat people or suspects like this.

For the record the officer had 19 complaints on him and I'm sure more than a few were valid.

As far as Floyd's medical problems there's just no way that stuffing your knee in his neck for 9 minutes can be explained away.

Just my .02

The cop shouldn’t have had a job to begin with and nothing justifies what he did. What he didn’t do is kill Floyd. Floyd killed Floyd. 

They’ll be lucky to get a manslaughter charge. I guessing the final result will be an assault

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

The cop shouldn’t have had a job to begin with and nothing justifies what he did. What he didn’t do is kill Floyd. Floyd killed Floyd. 

They’ll be lucky to get a manslaughter charge. I guessing the final result will be an assault

Respectfully, the question then becomes, w/out the ‘knee to the neck’ incident, would he be here today, despite his medical history?

Considering he lived 46 yrs w/out ever previously dying w/ his extensive medical history... I’m gonna go pretty far out on a limb & project he likely would have made it through that day had the ‘knee to the neck’ incident never occurred. 

But that’s just my opinion.  

I don’t project certainties.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Regardless of Floyd's rather colorful past we simply don't treat people or suspects like this.

For the record the officer had 19 complaints on him and I'm sure more than a few were valid.

As far as Floyd's medical problems there's just no way that stuffing your knee in his neck for 9 minutes can be explained away.

Just my .02

Exactly.

The officer was indicted and if appropriate, more indictments should follow.

No one should be treated this way, even if death isn't the result.

10 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Respectfully, the question then becomes, w/out the ‘knee to the neck’ incident, would he be here today, despite his medical history?

Considering he lived 46 yrs w/out ever previously dying w/ his extensive medical history... I’m gonna go pretty far out on a limb & project he likely would have made it through that day had the ‘knee to the neck’ incident never occurred. 

But that’s just my opinion.  

I don’t project certainties.

Well, see? In a court of law you’d need proof beyond doubt and well, it just isn’t there. There’s plenty of doubt as to how much the officer contributed, especially since its wasn’t a breathing issue due to the knee. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Str8tEdge said:

Well, see? In a court of law you’d need proof beyond doubt and well, it just isn’t there. There’s plenty of doubt as to how much the officer contributed, especially since its wasn’t a breathing issue due to the knee. 

Okay.

27 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

I guessing

Yeah.

Aside from being a leading epidemiologist and tax expert,you're a law expert too.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

He's going to be having visits from Butch and Bubba soon.

• Upvote 2

Any untimely, unnecessary death is tragic and justice should be served. I support the charges but await the investigation.

One factor I noticed that will probably be used in the officer's defense is that he had both knees down, meaning he may have had very little to no pressure on the guy's neck. It's not like his other knee was up which would indicate his full weight being applied.

8 minutes ago, Squatchman said:

butch and bubba will get chopped in the throat etc.

49 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Just my .02

A nurse could have smiled at him  and shot him in the arm with an experimental vaccine etc., when did he die?

1 hour ago, Z09 said:

Just my .02

The 'crime' that led to his death was trying to spend a fake $20 bill.

That's totally unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Toldya said:

The 'crime' that led to his death was trying to spend a fake $20 bill.

That's totally unacceptable.

What  denomination of     counterfeit currency warrants police involvement?

"Despite medical officials reportedly spending an hour trying to revive Floyd, he was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 9:25 p.m."

If you were having a neck strangulation problem you would not have been alive for an hour?

19 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

What  denomination of     counterfeit currency warrants police involvement?

Who out there hasn't had a moment where they've realized they've been given a fake bill, and don't want to be the one who ends up losing money over it?

I know it has happened to me before.

This is basically a speeding ticket or possession of a single joint... there is no scenario where this should end with someone putting their knee on anyone else. I don't even think making an arrest is necessary.

But the media would have you believe that the police are only hard on "people of color". Police have always beat the crap out of anybody they wanted, especially back before there were cameras everyplace. They even did so in all white neighborhoods.

The fact is that it's a job that is very attractive to the wrong sort...the power, the gun, the chance to use them and it doesn't take much to qualify. I used to have a student who was a SWAT team leader. He LOVED to hurt people. He was especially fond of the sound of bones breaking. I'm certain that the guy would have ended up in prison if he couldn't be a cop because he was going to break bones one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Z09 said:

Just my .02

We need to weed out the racist, sadistic cops!

And seek justice!

29 minutes ago, Toldya said:

This is basically a speeding ticket or possession of a single joint... there is no scenario where this should end with someone putting their knee on anyone else. I don't even think making an arrest is necessary.

Well, what else happened in the arrest?

People should lie on floor on their stomachs and hold their hands out giving no support.  Breathe.  A little tough.  Then take your hands and put them behind your back as if cuffed.  Then breathe.  Now have someone put their knee on your neck with much of their weight on it. Now breathe.

you prolly shouldn’t try this if you have heart, lung or brain issues.

now defend the cop......

12 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Well, what else happened in the arrest?

He complied without resisting, even as they dragged him out of his car and despite it being a trivial charge to begin with.

8 hours ago, Squatchman said:

Yeah.

Aside from being a leading epidemiologist and tax expert,you're a law expert too.

8 hours ago, Squatchman said:

You don't need to be a law expert to know things like  reasonable doubt is or burden of proof AKA due process. Those are things EVERY American should know as they're spelled out in the bill of rights. 

9 hours ago, Z09 said:

Just my .02

How does this justify the cop's actions?

Just now, Redoctober said:

How does this justify the cop's actions?

It does not

I've been 100% against the cops actions.

I just don't know how George Floyd's death is more important than a 17 year old girl in Chicago that was shot by three black men 7 times...

Do you know her name?