Sign in to follow this  
slideman

Trump's executive order is not an order

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

No. I propose they not fact check some politicians while giving other a free pass. That influences our election process and becomes subject to government intervention. 

So you want to clamp down on free speech?

2 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

I prefer social media not clamp down on free speech , bug if they want to try and influence elections, they’re begging for a good government intervention. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

I prefer social media not clamp down on free speech , bug if they want to try and influence elections, they’re begging for a good government intervention. 

They are private companies. You don't have to interact with them. Start your own company.

5 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Dumbduck is a deep triple secret Communist mole.

There are no communists, sir...But I agree that duck is a mole...Moles are quite the vile thing...

50 minutes ago, Redoctober said:

They are private companies. You don't have to interact with them. Start your own company.

Private companies cannot intentionally influence political elections. They also have very strict rules on political contributions and changing your algorithm to benefit one candidate over another for example would be considered a political contribution. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Private companies cannot intentionally influence political elections. They also have very strict rules on political contributions and changing your algorithm to benefit one candidate over another for example would be considered a political contribution. 

Informing the public that a politician is LYING and directing the conversation to the correct version is a public service. Trump has no chance of willing this in court.

• MORON! 1

4 hours ago, Redoctober said:

don't see any difference between what you are saying here and what authoritarian liberals say

Fake news is the enemy of the people.

we are living in strange times, were mega corps are controlling the information..

its not lke Trump is trying to silence the spread of truth, he is trying to make sure the truth is not silenced.  

24 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Informing the public that a politician is LYING and directing the conversation to the correct version is a public service.

Yes...   they didn’t do it when Obama was lying

you said nothing

2 hours ago, Redoctober said:

Trump wants free speech.

the media mega corps are silencing speech.  

7 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

The left is built on lies.  

Come on...don't be an idiot.  The first amendment protects us from interference in free expression by the government, not by private businesses.

11 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

The first amendment protects us from interference in free expression by the government, not by private businesses.

we are in  interesting  times... the  private business have made themselves a  platform for speech and they  are silencing and suppressing an entire ideology

Do you deny this?

9 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

WOW! I see conservatism has died. 

8 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Trump wants free speech.

You can't polish a turd.

You trump supporters not conservatives or for small government. You are for big government, as long as it is your type of big government. And following a cult of personality populist like Trump through this show of cracking down on fake news is further proof of that. 

Conservatism as died and Trump supporters killed it. 

5 hours ago, Redoctober said:

WOW! I see conservatism has died. 

Conservatism isn't giving tech corps the right to  drastically alter and influence our political landscape. 

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/5/27/21271157/tech-billionaires-joe-biden-reid-hoffman-laurene-powell-jobs-dustin-moskovitz-eric-schmidt

Tech billionaires are plotting sweeping, secret plans to boost Joe Biden

Inside the experiments, data wars, and partisan news sites that Silicon Valley thinks can help Biden catch up to Trump.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, slideman said:

In a statement sent to reporters, Kate Ruane, senior legislative counsel at the American Civil Liberties Union, argued that Trump “has no authority to rewrite a congressional statute with an executive order imposing a flawed interpretation of Section 230. Section 230 incentivizes platforms to host all sorts of content without fear of being held liable for it. It enables speech, not censorship.”

Trump may have made a strategic blunder. Twitter knows the law and it will not back down. It recently blocked one of Trump’s idiotic tweets. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Olivaw said:

Trump may have made a strategic blunder. Twitter knows the law and it will not back down. It recently blocked one of Trump’s idiotic tweets. 

Laws are about to change and social media invited government intervention. 

22 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

🙄From the idiots supporting illegal spying, entrapment, coerced pleas and prosecution of political opponents based on nothing. Don’t they actually do that in communist countries? 😅

Speaking of arguing from false premises...

14 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Trump wants free speech.

Trump wants his own free speech. 

He doesn’t want Twitter execs to exercise their free speech right to fact check his lies. 

Just now, theLion said:

Speaking of arguing from false premises...

Speaking of shut your fucking mouth because you're too stupid to make a valid point. 

Just now, Str8tEdge said:

Speaking of shut your fucking mouth because you're too stupid to make a valid point. 

Surrender accepted. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Laws are about to change and social media invited government intervention. 

Authoritarians  love to intervene in the dissemination of speech. Trump may well have just revealed his true colors. It will not end well for him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, theLion said:

Surrender accepted. 

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/5/27/21271157/tech-billionaires-joe-biden-reid-hoffman-laurene-powell-jobs-dustin-moskovitz-eric-schmidt

Tech billionaires are plotting sweeping, secret plans to boost Joe Biden

Inside the experiments, data wars, and partisan news sites that Silicon Valley thinks can help Biden catch up to Trump.

You're on record as now supporting secret billion dollar programs by private industry to subvert our democratic process. Behind EVERY leftist is a fascist in hiding. 

3 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Authoritarians  love to intervene in the dissemination of free speech. Trump showed his true colors. It will not end well for him. 

So intentionally and secretly  changing a search algorithm to benefit one political candidate over another, is free speech?

How about twitter selectively fact checking politicians? You call THAT free speech? 😆

Remember when the left wanted to ELIMINATE corporate influence in our political process????? Now they support it with a blank check. 😆

Looks like government is about to get all up in social medias business and they begged for it. 

3 hours ago, Olivaw said:

Trump wants his own free speech. 

He doesn’t want Twitter execs to exercise their free speech right to fact check his lies. 

So Trump doesn’t have the right to free speech?

the fact checking was proven to be wrong, how do rectify that?