1 hour ago, Pengwin said:

So what?  What did you expect him to say?

HIs point is about Zuckerberg. It is about Warren wanting to do something similar that trump foolishly suggested. The difference is she is a leftist so liberals ignore her stupidity. 

3 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

You see how his mind works.  If not for legal hurdles, he’d shut down private industry.  

Still boggles the mind how anyone supports this ... person.

Some examples of fascism would be illegally spying on, entrapping, withholding exculpatory evidence and illegally prosecuting political opponents. Those are examples of fascism. 

Social media isn't the press and definitely does not enjoy first amendment rights so if they want to try and use their power to influence elections? They will now fall under government regulation and scrutiny. 

12 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

So bcus twitter places a ‘fact check’ devise on trumps twitter, he is now somehow censored?

You place that only for ONE reason- POLITICAL DISAGREEMENT!!!

That means you no longer have PROTECTIONS from being sued for your POLITICAL BIAS as you were "protected" or shielded before.

NOW you are acting as a PUBLISHER and not a "public forum" where you can't be held liable for what others post.

You don't get "free speech" protections when you do as they did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

Ummm... what trump is attempting to do is have the gov’t control free speech.

Is what you’re talking about similar?

no. What Trump is trying to do is ensure those operating under the protection provided to public platforms are not censored for political or ideological reasons. If they wish to be content publishers rather than public platforms that is their right but they would not enjoy the liability protections given to platforms. It's like when a church tells it's congregation who to vote for, they lose their tax exempt status. Twitter is welcome to become a liberal publication if they wish but should no longer be protected as a public platform.

18 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Some examples of fascism would be illegally spying on, entrapping, withholding exculpatory evidence and illegally prosecuting political opponents. Those are examples of fascism.

The gov’t is more than capable of testing your theories.  It’s called the court room.  From what I gather, republicans have it all figured out.  We’re just waiting on them to charge the entire democratic party for treason or whateverthefuk and begin the trial process.

At this point, I’m not entirely sure I would be against it.  I would rather enjoy both sides making their case.

*side:. There’s probably a reason why the AG hasn’t charged anyone w/ anything of significance related to treason. 

18 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Social media isn't the press and definitely does not enjoy first amendment rights so if they want to try and use their power to influence elections? They will now fall under government regulation and scrutiny. 

That’s not how any of that works.   Twitter is a business, not an arm of the gov’t.  

8 hours ago, MidnightMax said:

You place that only for ONE reason- POLITICAL DISAGREEMENT!!!

It’s not my call - It’s twitters.   If the potus doesn’t like the platform, he can leave.

That means you no longer have PROTECTIONS from being sued for your POLITICAL BIAS as you were "protected" or shielded before.

That will at the discretion of the president.  

NOW you are acting as a PUBLISHER and not a "public forum" where you can't be held liable for what others post.

Fact checking the potus doesn’t break any laws. 
People have been fact checking him for 40 yrs.

You don't get "free speech" protections when you do as they did.

No one has suppressed trumps speech.  

He is still free to lie at his discretion.

8 hours ago, NeoConvict said:

no. What Trump is trying to do is ensure those operating under the protection provided to public platforms are not censored for political or ideological reasons.

Fact checking trump is not suppression.  He more than free to continue lying.  

If they wish to be content publishers rather than public platforms that is their right but they would not enjoy the liability protections given to platforms.

This seems to be the popular (legal) theme making the rounds on this topic. 

Fact checking trump is not against any law.  

It's like when a church tells it's congregation who to vote for, they lose their tax exempt status. Twitter is welcome to become a liberal publication if they wish but should no longer be protected as a public platform.

Fact checking is not the same as telling ppl who to vote for so...

7 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Fact checking trump is not suppression.  He more than free to continue lying.  

This seems to be the popular (legal) theme making the rounds on this topic. 

Fact checking trump is not against any law.  

Fact checking is not the same as telling ppl who to vote for so...

What makes you think Trump is talking about himself here? He is speaking for the millions of conservatives who are actively removed from the platform, not some little tags on his posts.

1 minute ago, NeoConvict said:

What makes you think Trump is talking about himself here? He is speaking for the millions of conservatives who are actively removed from the platform, not some little tags on his posts.

Bcus it wasn’t until twitter began fact checking his tweets, did he began stirring this pot.  It would be naive, considering the now urgent nature of his concerns, to presume he is referencing anything else.  Of course, trump would push back at that, bcus that’s what trump does.

6 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Bcus it wasn’t until twitter began fact checking his tweets, did he began stirring this pot.  It would be naive, considering the now urgent nature of his concerns, to presume he is referencing anything else.  Of course, trump would push back at that, bcus that’s what trump does.

Wrong. He talked about this issue in 2015 on the campaign trail.

25 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Wrong. He talked about this issue in 2015 on the campaign trail.

And now he’s making the biggest stink about it days after twitter imparts a fact check on his account.

4 hours ago, jrock2310 said:

The gov’t is more than capable of testing your theories.  It’s called the court room.  From what I gather, republicans have it all figured out.  We’re just waiting on them to charge the entire democratic party for treason or whateverthefuk and begin the trial process.

At this point, I’m not entirely sure I would be against it.  I would rather enjoy both sides making their case.

*side:. There’s probably a reason why the AG hasn’t charged anyone w/ anything of significance related to treason. 

That’s not how any of that works.   Twitter is a business, not an arm of the gov’t.  

Tech corps DO NOT have the right to influence politics without consequence. 

You think THIS is right?????? From the side that STILL CRIES about citizens united?????? 😆

Fuck you, you traitorous scum. 

Tech billionaires are plotting sweeping, secret plans to boost Joe Biden

Inside the experiments, data wars, and partisan news sites that Silicon Valley thinks can help Biden catch up to Trump.

1 minute ago, Str8tEdge said:

Tech corps DO NOT have the right to influence politics without consequence. 

You think THIS is right?????? From the side that STILL CRIES about citizens united?????? 😆

Fuck you, you traitorous scum. 

Tech billionaires are plotting sweeping, secret plans to boost Joe Biden

Inside the experiments, data wars, and partisan news sites that Silicon Valley thinks can help Biden catch up to Trump.

Kewl.  Guess we’ll see what the courts say 👍

1 minute ago, jrock2310 said:

Kewl.  Guess we’ll see what the courts say 👍

So you support private business spending billions to influence elections unchecked? 

Don't EVER  mention FASCISM about a righty ever again you hypocritical piece of fuck. 😂

Just now, Str8tEdge said:

So you support private business spending billions to influence elections unchecked?

I don’t even know what this means ... businesses endorse, donate, pledge, support causes every day.

Just now, Str8tEdge said:

Don't EVER  mention FASCISM about a righty ever again you hypocritical piece of fuck. 😂

I don’t think you understand how fascism works. Twitter is not the potus, nor can it be. 

2 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

I don’t even know what this means ... businesses endorse, donate, pledge, support causes every day.

I don’t think you understand how fascism works. Twitter is not the potus, nor can it be. 

I understand exactly how fascism works and the above is a perfect example. 

The days of unchecked tech businesses interfering in our election process are coming to an end. 😁

You don't like that do you? 😁

You won't be able to have as much control over the mindless zombies your ideology has created. 

You scared? 

1 minute ago, Str8tEdge said:

I understand exactly how fascism works and the above is a perfect example. 

The days of unchecked tech businesses interfering in our election process are coming to an end. 😁

You don't like that do you? 😁

You won't be able to have as much control over the mindless zombies your ideology has created. 

You scared? 

I’m good, thanks for asking. 

Have a nice evening 👋