Jump to content
Pastafarian

Great argument against the electoral college.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SixShooter said:

 

You still don't get it. It's not about you. The EC is there because it protects the lesser-populated states FROM you.

 

But he wants it.

 

tumblr_ltdjn8vtcg1qii6tmo1_250.gif

 

NOW!

 

Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scout said:

 

I will look up the results in the future and there will be an asterisk ahead of the EC tally.  Explaining how that vote occurred before

America deserted that backward conservative biased method of selecting a President and that Trump would never have been 

President under the new FAIR one man, one vote method.   That he got 2.1% less votes than his opponent.

They will use it as the example of WHY the nation ended the old use of the EC.  

We have always been electing Presidents with the EC.  Since that is how we elect Presidents I looked up the EC results ... didn’t see your asterisk. 
odd you are ok with the EC when a dem wins. 
perhaps you might wish to spend more time with smaller states or find better candidates.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Both of these men supported our constitution. Sure, show me where they supported a "fundamental transformation".

 

I'll wait.

 

We do have an amendment process. Better get started.

 

"“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”" - Jefferson

 

And then he goes on to say that all laws, including constitutions, naturally expire at 19 years or, you are being ruled by dead men.  Pretty radical but then again, the Founders were pretty radical.  They certainly trashed the Confederation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

 

You still don't know?

 

Still can't answer how a team wins the World Series.  Sad.  It's not a trick question by the way.  All it does is prove that runs don't matter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kfools said:

Ya whites are the majority. Not the point. We are asking why the red states pay less than they get.

 

Respectfully, bcus red states generally aren’t mass producers of finance, trade, tech, knowledge/education, medicine/medical, entertainment, etc..

 

However, red states can boast about standard of living.  But that’s largely tied to cheaper land/development/housing costs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pengwin said:

 

Oh, but I am.  Just ask me something?

Should the federal government mandate what products or services you must purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Huey said:

Should the federal government mandate what products or services you must purchase?

 

No.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

I don't care about smaller states.  Why should I?  They have Congressmen, and the Courts to protect them  That's enough.

 

For me, personally, it’s not that I don’t care - I do.

 

It’s simply a matter that under the EC, the minority can rule - it has 4 x’s.    Which is the antithesis of what was intended.  All we’ve done is given more power to states w/ less than a million people *MORE* power than they deserve.  They are VASTLY over represented (population wise) while other bigger, more heavily populated states are VASTLY underrepresented.  
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

No.

 

So you were against the ACA.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

For me, personally, it’s not that I don’t care - I do.

 

It’s simply a matter that under the EC, the minority can rule - it has 4 x’s.    Which is the antithesis of what was intended.  All we’ve done is given more power to states w/ less than a million people *MORE* power than they deserve.  They are VASTLY over represented (population wise) while other bigger, more heavily populated states are VASTLY underrepresented.  
 

 

State_population_per_electoral_vote.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Huey said:

So you were against the ACA. 

 

Yes.  Obamacare was a hack to stall off the inevitable - Medicare for all. Now we have no other choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pengwin said:

 

Yes.  Obamacare was a hack to stall off the inevitable - Medicare for all. Now we have no other choice.

 

 

Oh yeah, right, as if the government can run health care.😅

 

You have to be one of the dumbest moonbats I've seen in a long, long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pengwin said:

  

1 hour ago, Huey said:

You are not liberal.  

 

Oh, but I am.  Just ask me something?

 

If you were a liberal, you wouldn't be advocating Socialized Medicine, moonbat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

Yes.  Obamacare was a hack to stall off the inevitable - Medicare for all. Now we have no other choice.

So then you are for the federal government mandating what goods and services you must have.

 

are you for federal mandated CAFE standards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Huey said:

So then you are for the federal government mandating what goods and services you must have.

 

are you for federal mandated CAFE standards?

 

1. No, I'm for all citizens having good basic healthcare coverage provided by the state (the nation).  Medicare for all (unless you want to pay something better, which you are free to do).

 

2. I'm a capitalist, but only approve of regulated capitalism.  Left to its own it does too much damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pengwin said:

 

1. No, I'm for all citizens having good basic healthcare provided for by the state (the nation).  Medicare for all (unless you want to pay something better, which you are free to do).

 

2. I'm a capitalist, but only approve of regulated capitalism.  Left to its own it does too much damage.

 

So you are not a liberal.

 

CAFE standards are not unregulated capitalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Huey said:

So you are not a liberal.

 

CAFE standards are not unregulated capitalism.

 

I don't believe in unregulated capitalism.  That's not workable.

 

Liberals are not opposed to all government services and regulations.  That would be an Anarchist.

 

Start here:

 

Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others, but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in Common Sense (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power.

 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/liberalism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Respectfully, bcus red states generally aren’t mass producers of finance, trade, tech, knowledge/education, medicine/medical, entertainment, etc..

 

However, red states can boast about standard of living.  But that’s largely tied to cheaper land/development/housing costs.  

No, it's the welfare cap difference.

 

Why don't you look at which states spend the most on welfare then look at the minority populations by state.

 

Lol. You can put it together pretty fast 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kfools said:

No, it's the welfare cap difference.

 

Why don't you look at which states spend the most on welfare then look at the minority populations by state.

 

Lol. You can put it together pretty fast 

Bcus blue states are mass producers, they are taxed greater.  Therefore, the US can’t afford to let red states (communities) go under.  
 

Remember... whites are the majority ... by a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

I don't believe in unregulated capitalism.  That's not workable.

 

Liberals are not opposed to all government services and regulations.  That would be an Anarchist.

 

Start here:

 

Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others, but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in Common Sense (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power.

 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/liberalism

Don’t turn this around.  You have proven you are not a liberal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Huey said:

Don’t turn this around.  You have proven you are not a liberal.

 

Your uneducated opinion of what I am does not concern me.  Very few are smart or strong enough to be a liberal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

I don't believe in unregulated capitalism.  That's not workable.

 

Liberals are not opposed to all government services and regulations.  That would be an Anarchist.

 

Start here:

 

Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others, but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in Common Sense (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power.

 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/liberalism

I salute your ambition...

 

I tried to get him to define "stalking"..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

Your uneducated opinion of what I am does not concern me.  Very few are smart or strong enough to be a liberal.

you're not man enough for Constitutional Absurdism....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichClem said:

 

If you were a liberal, you wouldn't be advocating Socialized Medicine, moonbat.

Let's see..

 

I would take a close look at the specific properties of the good to confirm that it is properly defined as a "market good"..

 

Satisfied that it isn't,  I would then compare my model with others on a set of metrics, establish my priorities,  and govern myself accordingly.

 

You would consult the constitution or, perhaps, Adam Smith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


No holds barred chat

  • By Imgreatagain

    Hey kfools.. does this help? 


  • By Vegas

    Liberals are going to hell.


  • By deezer shoove

    grgle


  • By rippy38

  • By Str8tEdge

    Where’s at @slideman?


  • By Robot88

    Hola


  • By teacher

    I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 


  • By pmurT

    hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems


  • What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

     


  • By kfools

    Where does it say 2?


  • By kfools

    So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 


  • By teacher

    How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 



  • By Duck615

    Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?


  • By kfools

    Mine too. I'm looking into it.


  • Mine too. 


  • I thought it was my location.. 


  • By kfools

    Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight


You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...