Pastafarian

Great argument against the electoral college.

1 minute ago, SixShooter said:

You still don't get it. It's not about you. The EC is there because it protects the lesser-populated states FROM you.

But he wants it.

tumblr_ltdjn8vtcg1qii6tmo1_250.gif

NOW!

Ha!

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I will look up the results in the future and there will be an asterisk ahead of the EC tally.  Explaining how that vote occurred before

America deserted that backward conservative biased method of selecting a President and that Trump would never have been 

President under the new FAIR one man, one vote method.   That he got 2.1% less votes than his opponent.

They will use it as the example of WHY the nation ended the old use of the EC.  

We have always been electing Presidents with the EC.  Since that is how we elect Presidents I looked up the EC results ... didn’t see your asterisk. 
odd you are ok with the EC when a dem wins. 
perhaps you might wish to spend more time with smaller states or find better candidates.  

6 minutes ago, superds77 said:

Both of these men supported our constitution. Sure, show me where they supported a "fundamental transformation".

I'll wait.

We do have an amendment process. Better get started.

"“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”" - Jefferson

And then he goes on to say that all laws, including constitutions, naturally expire at 19 years or, you are being ruled by dead men.  Pretty radical but then again, the Founders were pretty radical.  They certainly trashed the Confederation.

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

You still don't know?

Still can't answer how a team wins the World Series.  Sad.  It's not a trick question by the way.  All it does is prove that runs don't matter.

7 minutes ago, kfools said:

Ya whites are the majority. Not the point. We are asking why the red states pay less than they get.

Respectfully, bcus red states generally aren’t mass producers of finance, trade, tech, knowledge/education, medicine/medical, entertainment, etc..

However, red states can boast about standard of living.  But that’s largely tied to cheaper land/development/housing costs.  

1 hour ago, Pengwin said:

Oh, but I am.  Just ask me something?

Should the federal government mandate what products or services you must purchase?

1 minute ago, Huey said:

Should the federal government mandate what products or services you must purchase?

No.

28 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

I don't care about smaller states.  Why should I?  They have Congressmen, and the Courts to protect them  That's enough.

For me, personally, it’s not that I don’t care - I do.

It’s simply a matter that under the EC, the minority can rule - it has 4 x’s.    Which is the antithesis of what was intended.  All we’ve done is given more power to states w/ less than a million people *MORE* power than they deserve.  They are VASTLY over represented (population wise) while other bigger, more heavily populated states are VASTLY underrepresented.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

No.

So you were against the ACA.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

For me, personally, it’s not that I don’t care - I do.

It’s simply a matter that under the EC, the minority can rule - it has 4 x’s.    Which is the antithesis of what was intended.  All we’ve done is given more power to states w/ less than a million people *MORE* power than they deserve.  They are VASTLY over represented (population wise) while other bigger, more heavily populated states are VASTLY underrepresented.  

State_population_per_electoral_vote.png

1 minute ago, Huey said:

So you were against the ACA. 

Yes.  Obamacare was a hack to stall off the inevitable - Medicare for all. Now we have no other choice.

1 minute ago, Pengwin said:

Yes.  Obamacare was a hack to stall off the inevitable - Medicare for all. Now we have no other choice.

Oh yeah, right, as if the government can run health care.😅

You have to be one of the dumbest moonbats I've seen in a long, long time.

1 hour ago, Pengwin said:

1 hour ago, Huey said:

You are not liberal.  

Oh, but I am.  Just ask me something?

If you were a liberal, you wouldn't be advocating Socialized Medicine, moonbat.

8 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

So then you are for the federal government mandating what goods and services you must have.

are you for federal mandated CAFE standards?

6 minutes ago, Huey said:

So then you are for the federal government mandating what goods and services you must have.

are you for federal mandated CAFE standards?

1. No, I'm for all citizens having good basic healthcare coverage provided by the state (the nation).  Medicare for all (unless you want to pay something better, which you are free to do).

2. I'm a capitalist, but only approve of regulated capitalism.  Left to its own it does too much damage.

Just now, Pengwin said:

1. No, I'm for all citizens having good basic healthcare provided for by the state (the nation).  Medicare for all (unless you want to pay something better, which you are free to do).

2. I'm a capitalist, but only approve of regulated capitalism.  Left to its own it does too much damage.

So you are not a liberal.

CAFE standards are not unregulated capitalism.

3 minutes ago, Huey said:

So you are not a liberal.

CAFE standards are not unregulated capitalism.

I don't believe in unregulated capitalism.  That's not workable.

Liberals are not opposed to all government services and regulations.  That would be an Anarchist.

Start here:

Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others, but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in Common Sense (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/liberalism

38 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Respectfully, bcus red states generally aren’t mass producers of finance, trade, tech, knowledge/education, medicine/medical, entertainment, etc..

However, red states can boast about standard of living.  But that’s largely tied to cheaper land/development/housing costs.  

No, it's the welfare cap difference.

Why don't you look at which states spend the most on welfare then look at the minority populations by state.

Lol. You can put it together pretty fast 

6 minutes ago, kfools said:

No, it's the welfare cap difference.

Why don't you look at which states spend the most on welfare then look at the minority populations by state.

Lol. You can put it together pretty fast 

Bcus blue states are mass producers, they are taxed greater.  Therefore, the US can’t afford to let red states (communities) go under.  

Remember... whites are the majority ... by a lot.

21 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Liberals are not opposed to all government services and regulations.  That would be an Anarchist.

Start here:

Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others, but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in Common Sense (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power.

Don’t turn this around.  You have proven you are not a liberal.

11 minutes ago, Huey said:

Don’t turn this around.  You have proven you are not a liberal.

Your uneducated opinion of what I am does not concern me.  Very few are smart or strong enough to be a liberal.

41 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Start here:

I salute your ambition...

I tried to get him to define "stalking"..

7 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Your uneducated opinion of what I am does not concern me.  Very few are smart or strong enough to be a liberal.

you're not man enough for Constitutional Absurdism....

1 hour ago, RichClem said:

If you were a liberal, you wouldn't be advocating Socialized Medicine, moonbat.

Let's see..

I would take a close look at the specific properties of the good to confirm that it is properly defined as a "market good"..

Satisfied that it isn't,  I would then compare my model with others on a set of metrics, establish my priorities,  and govern myself accordingly.

You would consult the constitution or, perhaps, Adam Smith?