Jump to content
Pastafarian

Great argument against the electoral college.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

I'm a white liberal elitist, like the Founders.

 

You are an Ass-douche Self-entitled Adolescent Socialist Malcontent.

 

They were men.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Minorities (specifically black Americans) make up about 12% of the total US population.  There aren’t enough minorities to (racially) cast blame.

Are blacks the only minorities? 

 

That said it's 12 percent nationwide. Not 12 percent in many of the red states. 

15 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

 

Sorry bro... poor white trash makes up the majority of the south.  

And? 

15 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

Only to the effect that these huge drilling/fracking companies pay next to nothing in taxes in these red states. 
 

Translation:. Big Oil takes advantage of weak tax laws and the surrounding communities.

We’ve only been “securing” oil fields for the better part of every middle eastern skirmish. 

 

That's not proof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pengwin said:

 

And that wouldn't change, we'd just be getting rid of an undemocratic relic.

Unless 51 percent decide to get rid of it which you just said is how they should be changed. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

I'm a white liberal elitist, like the Founders.

You are not liberal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Huey said:

You are not liberal.  

 

Oh, but I am.  Just ask me something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kfools said:

Unless 51 percent decide to get rid of it which you just said is how they should be changed. 

 

 

 

51% should be able to get rid of something like the EC, just not the rights of the other 49%.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pengwin said:

 

Oh, but I am.  Just ask me something?

 

Why don't you move to North Korea?

 

They have Democracy and no Constitution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pengwin said:

 

51% should be able to get rid of something like the EC, just not the rights of the other 49%.

 

 

Should...

 

in a Democracy, like North Korea.

 

Ignorant Communist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kfools said:

So then,blue states are better than red states or not?

It’s not “better” proposition.  It’s a revenue/fiscal one.  Blues states are more profitable than red.  So if you care to define that as “better” ... have at it.

Quote

We have already established this. Which states have the largest black and minority presence? Red or blue?

Red.  But DC has the largest pop at 40%.  Yet whites are still greatest number ... by far.

Quote

I'll have to remember that.

👍

Quote

Then why would you have debt?

The same way 85% of Americans have debt in some form:. A house, a car, ancilary loan(s), etc...

Quote

No we don't.

If you personally, don’t have debt, that makes you an outlier.  Upwards of 85% of Americans hold debt(s).  
 

And those who don’t generally have inherited wealth / family redistribution of wealth of some form.

QuoteWhy?

Bcus red states tend to be behind the times & resistant to change.  It’s merely a hallmark of the republican party of the last 50 yrs.. 

Quote

Because originally only land owners were supposed to vote.

This doesn’t mean anything in context.  People still vote - land doesn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

 

51% should be able to get rid of something like the EC, just not the rights of the other 49%.

 

I C.

 

So you don't think a simple majority should be able to change an amendment then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kfools said:

Are blacks the only minorities? 

Nope, but I specifically gave you black %’s.

19 minutes ago, kfools said:

 

That said it's 12 percent nationwide. Not 12 percent in many of the red states.

Correct.  And yet there is not one state where Blacks are the majority.    
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.worldatlas.com/amp/articles/us-states-with-the-largest-relative-african-american-populations.html
 

Never mind that, historically, minorities have not migrated too far from their enslave state.  It’s only been a couple of generations (150 years or so) removed from slavery.  They’re still by-in-large assimilating in to white culture as free entities.  They’re not, nor should they be expected to be fully assimilated.  But stats show they are minorities are gaining ground in education, politics, home ownership, crime/imprisonment is falling.  In other words, despite all their hurdles, they’re forging ahead at about the proper rate.

19 minutes ago, kfools said:

That's not proof. 

Oh boy... I didn’t take you as someone who would harp on the literalist term (which is why I placed it in parentheses).  But I suppose I don’t have to convince you that the military routinely “safe-guards” the fields, do I?   That the military “reallocates” reserves during wartime or international dust ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

It’s not “better” proposition.  It’s a revenue/fiscal one.  Blues states are more profitable than red.  So if you care to define that as “better” ... have at it.

Red.  But DC has the largest pop at 40%.  Yet whites are still greatest number ... by far.

👍

The same way 85% of Americans have debt in some form:. A house, a car, ancilary loan(s), etc...

If you personally, don’t have debt, that makes you an outlier.  Upwards of 85% of Americans hold debt(s).  
 

And those who don’t generally have inherited wealth / family redistribution of wealth of some form.

Bcus red states tend to be behind the times & resistant to change.  It’s merely a hallmark of the republican party of the last 50 yrs.. 

This doesn’t mean anything in context.  People still vote - land doesn’t.

So shouldn't blue states that demand the country have higher minority influxes subsidize the states that house them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrock2310 said:

Nope, but I specifically gave you black %’s.

Correct.  And yet there is not one state where Blacks are the majority.    
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.worldatlas.com/amp/articles/us-states-with-the-largest-relative-african-american-populations.html
 

Ya whites are the majority. Not the point. We are asking why the red states pay less than they get.

1 minute ago, jrock2310 said:

Never mind that, historically, minorities have not migrated too far from their enslave state.  It’s only been a couple of generations (150 years or so) removed from slavery.  They’re still by-in-large assimilating in to white culture as free entities.  They’re not, nor should they be expected to be fully assimilated.  But stats show they are minorities are gaining ground in education, politics, home ownership, crime/imprisonment is falling.  In other words, despite all their hurdles, they’re forging ahead at about the proper rate.

Oh boy... I didn’t take you as someone who would harp on the literalist term (which is why I placed it in parentheses).  But I suppose I don’t have to convince you that the military routinely “safe-guards” the fields, do I?   That the military “reallocates” reserves during wartime or international dust ups.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kfools said:

Are blacks the only minorities?

No.  But as sated previous... I specifically gave you black minority numbers.  Even if you ad hispanics or whatever other ethnicity you have a problem w/ , it won’t reflect but on one race — White.

39 minutes ago, kfools said:

 

That said it's 12 percent nationwide. Not 12 percent in many of the red states. 

And? 

That's not proof. 

Answered in previous post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kfools said:

I C.

 

So you don't think a simple majority should be able to change an amendment then?

 

Why not?  It's what the majority wants eh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kfools said:

So shouldn't blue states that demand the country have higher minority influxes subsidize the states that house them?

You can’t “demand” anything of the sort.   The “Muh Rhats” militia & the Freedom Hawks should know this.  
 

*also answered in a previous post.  See assimilation rant*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pengwin said:

And I'm not worried if places with few people have very little say.  They have, very few people.

 

That's EXACTLY why the EC was put in the constitution-- to protect smaller states from people like you.

 

You can't seem to understand that the smaller states had a say in that, and whether they wanted to join the system or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SixShooter said:

 

That's EXACTLY why the EC was put in the constitution-- to protect smaller states from people like you.

 

You can't seem to understand that the smaller states had a say in that, and whether they wanted to join the system or not.

 

I don't care about smaller states.  Why should I?  They have Congressmen, and the Courts to protect them  That's enough.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pengwin said:

Yep.  Majority rule.  It's one nation, with 50 little things pretending they are also like nations which they are not. 

 

I would be perfectly happy with no states, they get in the way of the nation. When you fly to France you don't go on the Passport of Texas.  It says US citizen, and that's what you are first.

 

All this BS because you're still butthurt over Hillary getting her saggy ass handed to her.

 

LMFAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

All this BS because you're still butthurt over Hillary getting her saggy ass handed to her.

 

LMFAO

 

No, the EC is wrong no matter what.  It's undemocratic, and elections are supposed to be - democratic.

 

And - Who wins the World Series, the team with the most runs or the team that wins the most games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pengwin said:
3 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

 

That's EXACTLY why the EC was put in the constitution-- to protect smaller states from people like you.

 

You can't seem to understand that the smaller states had a say in that, and whether they wanted to join the system or not.

 

I don't care about smaller states.  Why should I?  They have Congressmen, and the Courts to protect them  That's enough.

...and so goes the "fundamental transformation" so many on the left have been clamoring for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, superds77 said:

...and so goes the "fundamental transformation" so many on the left have been clamoring for.

 

Long overdue.  Need I quote Jefferson to Madison?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pengwin said:
2 minutes ago, superds77 said:

...and so goes the "fundamental transformation" so many on the left have been clamoring for.

 

Long overdue.  Need I quote Jefferson to Madison?

Both of these men supported our constitution. Sure, show me where they supported a "fundamental transformation".

 

I'll wait.

 

We do have an amendment process. Better get started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

I don't care about smaller states.  Why should I?

 

You still don't get it. It's not about you. The EC is there because it protects the lesser-populated states FROM you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

No, the EC is wrong no matter what.  It's undemocratic, and elections are supposed to be - democratic.

 

The EC is democratic. Go take a civics class.

 

5 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

And - Who wins the World Series, the team with the most runs or the team that wins the most games?

 

You still don't know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


No holds barred chat

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...