Widower of late Joe Scarborough staffer seeks removal of Trump tweets that promote baseless conspiracy theory

Trump again brings up conspiracy theory that Joe Scarborough ...

Trump went full Alex Jones on this and is causing serious emotional harm. Jack Dorsey should delete President Trump's tweets. It would be classic. Screw his 80 million followers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/widower-of-late-joe-scarborough-staffer-seeks-removal-of-trump-tweets-that-promote-baseless-conspiracy-theory/ar-BB14BOh9?ocid=spartandhp

(Full article at above link)

The widower of a former congressional staff member for Joe Scarborough has asked Twitter chief executive officer Jack Dorsey to delete tweets by President Trump furthering a baseless conspiracy theory about his wife’s death.

“My request is simple: Please delete these tweets,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter last week to Dorsey, seeking his intervention as Trump continues to suggest that Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida who is now an MSNBC host, was responsible for the 2001 death of Lori Klausutis.

As recently as this weekend, Trump continued to push a conspiracy theory that Scarborough, while a member of Congress, had an affair with his married staffer and that he may have killed her — a theory that has been debunked by news organizations including The Washington Post and that Timothy Klausutis called a “vicious lie” in his letter to Dorsey.

Authorities determined that Lori Klausutis suffered an abnormal heart rhythm and died after collapsing and striking her head. She was discovered in Scarborough’s office in Fort Walton Beach, on her back with her head near a desk, according to a 2001 police report.

“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong him — the memory of my dead wife and perverted it for perceived political gain,” Klausutis said in the letter, dated May 21. “My wife deserves better.”

Klausutis argued that Trump’s tweets violate Twitter’s community rules and terms of service.

“An ordinary user like me would be banished from the platform for such a tweet but I am only asking that these tweets be removed,” he said. 

Twitter says it won't remove Trump's tweets about MSNBC host Joe Scarborough

Widower of Joe Scarborough staffer pleads with twitter to erase ...

Damn. Where's Jack Dorsey? He's probably in Africa again working on cryptocurrency with his homies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/twitter-says-it-wont-remove-trumps-tweets-about-msnbc-host-joe-scarborough/ar-BB14Cxws?ocid=spartanntp

Twitter said Tuesday it will not remove tweets from President Donald Trump that impugned MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, despite pleas from the family of a woman who died while working for Scarborough when he was a member of Congress.

The woman, Lori Klausutis, died in 2001 while working in Scarborough's congressional office. Medical authorities said her death stemmed from a heart condition that caused her to collapse and hit her head on her desk, but Trump has repeatedly pushed a baseless conspiracy theory that Scarborough was somehow involved in foul play.

Her former husband, Timothy Klausutis, sent a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on Thursday asking for the company to remove tweets from Trump that pushed the conspiracy theory.

"My request is simple: Please delete these tweets," Klausutis wrote. "I'm a research engineer and not a lawyer, but reviewed all of Twitter's rules and terms of service. The President's tweet that suggests that Lori was murdered without evidence and contrary to the official autopsy is a violation of Twitter's community rules and terms of service. An ordinary user like me

would be banished from the platform for such a tweet but I am only asking that these tweets be removed."

A Twitter spokesperson said in an email Tuesday that the company was working on making changes, though it did not agree to remove the tweets.

"We are deeply sorry about the pain these statements, and the attention they are drawing, are causing the family," the spokesperson said in an email. "We've been working to expand existing product features and policies so we can more effectively address things like this going forward, and we hope to have those changes in place shortly."

The spokesperson declined to discuss particular policies but pointed to the company's efforts to label misleading information.

Scarborough is a regular critic of Trump and his policies. MSNBC is part of NBC News.

Twitter, once a platform that took a hands-off approach to moderating what its users tweet, has in recent years begun to crackdown on some content including hate speech and misinformation.

But the company has resisted calls to rein in some official accounts, including Trump's, even if they do violate the company's policies.

MICROSOFT NEWS POLL

Should Twitter remove President Trump's tweets about MSNBC host Joe Scarborough?

Yes
81%

No
17%

Other / No opinion
2%

Based on 459 responses. Snapshot of real-time results.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Is In Nigeria & He's Already Speaking ...

Jack and his homies.

6 hours ago, drvoke said:

Trump again brings up conspiracy theory that Joe Scarborough ...

Trump went full Alex Jones on this and is causing serious emotional harm. Jack Dorsey should delete President Trump's tweets. It would be classic. Screw his 80 million followers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/widower-of-late-joe-scarborough-staffer-seeks-removal-of-trump-tweets-that-promote-baseless-conspiracy-theory/ar-BB14BOh9?ocid=spartandhp

The widower of a former congressional staff member for Joe Scarborough has asked Twitter chief executive officer Jack Dorsey to delete tweets by President Trump furthering a baseless conspiracy theory about his wife’s death.

“My request is simple: Please delete these tweets,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter last week to Dorsey, seeking his intervention as Trump continues to suggest that Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida who is now an MSNBC host, was responsible for the 2001 death of Lori Klausutis.

As recently as this weekend, Trump continued to push a conspiracy theory that Scarborough, while a member of Congress, had an affair with his married staffer and that he may have killed her — a theory that has been debunked by news organizations including The Washington Post and that Timothy Klausutis called a “vicious lie” in his letter to Dorsey.

Authorities determined that Lori Klausutis suffered an abnormal heart rhythm and died after collapsing and striking her head. She was discovered in Scarborough’s office in Fort Walton Beach, on her back with her head near a desk, according to a 2001 police report.

“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong him — the memory of my dead wife and perverted it for perceived political gain,” Klausutis said in the letter, dated May 21. “My wife deserves better.”

Klausutis argued that Trump’s tweets violate Twitter’s community rules and terms of service.

“An ordinary user like me would be banished from the platform for such a tweet but I am only asking that these tweets be removed,” he said. 

Somebodies gonna get a big DNC check soon.

6 hours ago, drvoke said:

As recently as this weekend, Trump continued to push a conspiracy theory that Scarborough, while a member of Congress, had an affair with his married staffer and that he may have killed her

No, this is crap.

Everybody knows that Russia was paying her to inform on the Administration so they could influence our elections and that Ukraine was supplicant to Biden's whims as he and Barry the One colluded to pee on a bed and set Comey's crooked FBI out for tacos.

kj

• Upvote 1

YOU MEAN that you SHITSTAINS are against spreading CONSPIRACY LIES???

All of a sudden you are AGAINST IT???

Gee, that's funny that NONE OF YOU have come out and called for the COMPLETE REMOVAL OF ALL THE LIES YOUR SIDE TOLD ABOUT "Russian Collusion", the LIES in the "Russian dossier", the LIES told about Michael Flynn, and a WHOLE HOST OF OTHER LIES your fucking SHITSTAIN HANDLERS shoved up your ASSES!!!!!!!

WHEN you call for those "tweets" and LIES to be removed, then you MIGHT have something here.

Until then, Morning Joe killed his aide and there is NOTHING you can do to prove otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Despite Grieving Widower’s Letter, Trump Wonders If Cops Will Ask Joe Scarborough ‘Obvious’ Questions About Staffer’s Death

Twitter 'deeply sorry' about Trump tweets on death of Scarborough ...

In a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Lori Klausutis’s widower Timothy Klausutis begged the social media platform to delete the president’s tweets, saying he had “taken something that does not belong him — the memory of my dead wife and perverted it for perceived political gain.”

Trump doubles-down on his hurtful tweets after Twitter refuses to remove them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/despite-grieving-widowers-letter-trump-wonders-if-cops-will-ask-joe-scarborough-obvious-questions-about-staffers-death/ar-BB14CqKc?ocid=spartandhp

President Donald Trump on Tuesday continued to use the 2001 death of Lori Klausutis to baselessly accuse MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough of murder, suggesting that law enforcement should get involved in the case. Trump’s tweets, the latest in his ongoing attacks against Scarborough, came after it was revealed that Klausutis’s widower had penned a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, imploring him to remove Trump’s “horrifying lies” about his deceased wife.

“The opening of a Cold Case against Psycho Joe Scarborough was not a Donald Trump original thought, this has been going on for years, long before I joined the chorus,” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. “In 2016 when Joe & his wacky future ex-wife, Mika, would endlessly interview me, I would always be thinking about whether or not Joe could have done such a horrible thing? Maybe or maybe not, but I find Joe to be a total Nut Job, and I knew him well, far better than most. So many unanswered & obvious questions, but I won’t bring them up now! Law enforcement eventually will?”

6 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

I have to admit, if the hackers took Twitter offline until Trump was out of the White House, I wouldn't mind a bit.

That's why your sole contribution to society is posting worthless shit on a message board.

1 minute ago, RebelGator said:

That's why your sole contribution to society is posting worthless shit on a message board.

Can't say as I care much for American Society, and it doesn't pay well.

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

her death stemmed from a heart condition that caused her to collapse and hit her head on her desk

Ha Ha! That's funny! Right Joey? Yeah...good one.