kfools

The great bargain.

It is known a conservative owns this board but is about to crack open a bud light and turn complete day to day control over to liberals.

I have made friends with many of you over the years and am proud to call you friends.

Like @SpyCar¬†and @Olivaw. Good guys ūüĎć.

My turning over the day to day comes at a moderate price.

You select your own leadership,rules, and now effectively share this as a co opt. I get to be an administrator and poster which is all I ever really wanted to do in the first place.

On to the price.

I ask that liberals no longer call this a right wing troll factory, or a honey trap. I ask that instead you advocate for the board and encourage other members to put up tweets they want in the Twitter section for me to tweet out.

Facebook groups and twitter groups you would like to follow, and any content you would like posted to these venues.

I do not always get to them timely but I always get to them.

If you know of other venues I will also set those up. 

I ask that you engage with Nazis instead of running them off (lot to ask)

I ask that you identify and get rid of spammers. I ask that you that go hard on shilling. 

I do not ask however that you be fair with conservatives. If it's to be the liberal make it yours.

Your causes. Your solutions,your ideals. That's what you are advocating for.

Do not become side tracked with whining and drama. 

I have been caught in to much of that myself.

Good luck! To us all

Kfools.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@kfools

You announced Phase 3.  Liberals responded and held elections.  We now have a moderation team, essentially under the control of Conservatives  kking and yourself.  Between you, anything the Liberal mods do can be countermanded and nullified.  Is that not enough control?

Now after everything has been settled, you unilaterally declarie a new bargain with conditions that will be interpreted oppositely by  Left and  Right;  Yourself included.  This is not any "Great Bargain".  It's not even a poor bargain.   It amounts to reneging on the original deal.

There are to be no more so-called bargains.  Either keep your word or end the charade.

Edited by bludog
Replaced a question mark with a semi-colon.

31 minutes ago, bludog said:

@kfools

You announced Phase 3.  Liberals responded and held elections.  We now have a moderation team, essentially under the control of Conservatives  kking and yourself.  Between you, anything the Liberal mods do can be countermanded and nullified.  Is that not enough control?

Now after everything has been settled, you unilaterally declarie a new bargain with conditions that will be interpreted oppositely by  Left and  Right?  Yourself included.  This is not any "Great Bargain".  It's not even a poor bargain.   It amounts to reneging on the original deal.

There are to be no more so-called bargains.  Either keep your word or end the charade.

A shame.  It's time to get the liberals in and the right-wing trolls out. Same old crappy site if you don't.

The voters have selected an excellent moderator team. As a regular member, I am counting on them to be fair to all members, both liberal and troll conservative. 

There are going to be disagreements and differences in interpretation of the rules. We’ve already disagreed over banned members. @kfools did you mean it when you said the new mods could reinstate whomever they choose?

My sense is that @kfools and @kking have no agenda beyond growing the forum. The moderators will do the heavy lifting but we regular members should be able to get on board too. 

I support demoting NHB and putting a more polite room at the top. It will be stricter than NHB but it should attract a better class of client. It might even¬†force members like me to pretend that we have a little class too. ūüôā

@kfools - enjoy your bud light, man. You’ve worked your ass off to repair the house, It’s looking great, Kick back and enjoy while your mods keep it clean and well maintained. 

2 hours ago, bludog said:

@kfools

Now after everything has been settled, you unilaterally declarie a new bargain with conditions that will be interpreted oppositely by  Left and  Right;  Yourself included.  This is not any "Great Bargain".  It's not even a poor bargain.   It amounts to reneging on the original deal.

If you refuse to enter into a bargain to grow the board (Which is what this is)

Then I can't give the keys to you. You need to tell me what part of this you have an issue with. It's (almost) total control.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

The voters have selected an excellent moderator team. As a regular member, I am counting on them to be fair to all members, both liberal and troll conservative. 

Lol.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

There are going to be disagreements and differences in interpretation of the rules. We’ve already disagreed over banned members. @kfools did you mean it when you said the new mods could reinstate whomever they choose?

With only one exception yes. Also I would prefer no sole result. Or people like him. I didn't even demand he not come back just that I would prefer he did not.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

My sense is that @kfools and @kking have no agenda beyond growing the forum. The moderators will do the heavy lifting but we regular members should be able to get on board too. 

Apparently not.

I'm surprised really. As far as a list of demands go in exchange for total unilateral authority I expected a more receptive crowd.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

I support demoting NHB and putting a more polite room at the top. It will be stricter than NHB but it should attract a better class of client. It might even¬†force members like me to pretend that we have a little class too. ūüôā

I am willing to by and large give the libs whatever they want. Within reason. 

They can't have a nudes only section for instance.

1 hour ago, Olivaw said:

@kfools - enjoy your bud light, man. You’ve worked your ass off to repair the house, It’s looking great, Kick back and enjoy while your mods keep it clean and well maintained. 

I hope that's to be. 

3 hours ago, bludog said:

@kfools

What conditions are you talking about anyways?

I didn't list any.

4 hours ago, kfools said:

It is known a conservative owns this board but is about to crack open a bud light and turn complete day to day control over to liberals.

I have made friends with many of you over the years and am proud to call you friends.

Like @SpyCar¬†and @Olivaw. Good guys ūüĎć.

My turning over the day to day comes at a moderate price.

You select your own leadership,rules, and now effectively share this as a co opt. I get to be an administrator and poster which is all I ever really wanted to do in the first place.

On to the price.

I ask that liberals no longer call this a right wing troll factory, or a honey trap. I ask that instead you advocate for the board and encourage other members to put up tweets they want in the Twitter section for me to tweet out.

Facebook groups and twitter groups you would like to follow, and any content you would like posted to these venues.

I do not always get to them timely but I always get to them.

If you know of other venues I will also set those up. 

I ask that you identify and get rid of spammers. I ask that you that go hard on shilling. 

I do not ask however that you be fair with conservatives. If it's to be the liberal make it yours.

Do not become side tracked with whining and drama. 

I have been caught in to much of that myself.

Good luck! To us all

Kfools.

What liberals? There is not a mainstream liberal Democrat in the bunch. Sorry, but those are the facts.

Liberals will continue to be trolled on this forum on both the right and the far-left. How has anything changed? 

Bill

1 hour ago, kfools said:

Apparently not.

I'm surprised really. As far as a list of demands go in exchange for total unilateral authority I expected a more receptive crowd.

Me too. Total unilateral authority with a few reasonable asks is not hard to take. 

I’m optimistic for the site. You’ve got a team of four fair minded individuals who are, IMO, committed to building a strong community here.

Time to start banning the mindless trolls, or let this place stay a shithole.

9 hours ago, kfools said:

What conditions are you talking about anyways?

I didn't list any.

Condition #1

14 hours ago, kfools said:

I ask that liberals no longer call this a right wing troll factory, or a honey trap.

When so many Liberals see these labels as the truth, it is repressive to gag them.  Every day, in NHB, Liberals are falsely accused in thread titles, of treason, cowardice, child molestation and the most heinous crimes known to humankind.  And now there is some "Grand Bargain" prohibiting Liberals from rightly pointing out the plain truth?  Gimmie a break.

Condition #2

I ask that instead you advocate for the board and encourage other members to put up tweets they want in the Twitter section for me to tweet out.

It cannot be part of any bargain to ask members who participate here but have negative feelings about the board, to mouth false bromides for public display  Advocating for the board needs to be on a voluntary basis. 

This site is mainly for political discussion and debate.   The debate is often bitter and hateful.  We are anything but a united team.  If it's unity you want, get rid of one side or the other.  It is unrealistic to expect board users to love the board.

Condition #3

Where did you get the idea that Nazis would be run off?  That was never the intention. Moderating with a light hand, when possible, is the goal.   As far as engaging with Nazis?  I for one, would quickly run out of soap.

Condition #4

15 hours ago, kfools said:

I ask that you identify and get rid of spammers.

So far, Liberal banned spammers far outnumber Conservatives.  Also, there is some confusion between trolling and spamming.  There is a double standard, depending on which side of the aisle one sits;  And since the site owner is Conservative, Liberals have borne the brunt of that bias.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Your attitude makes me doubt you are serious about bringing back banned Liberals.

If I had my druthers, I would bring back Benson13, Merrill, Leftwinger and WillFranklin, among others.  I would also reinstate dontlooknow who, in between admitted repetition, had some remarkable insights.  I am against bringing back SoleResult, who contributed nothing but voluminous drivel.

Condition #5

I ask that you that go hard on shilling. 

No problem.

Condition #6

My policy would be to accord Conservatives fair treatment each and every time.  A problem arises when fair for one is not perceived as fair for the other, in the biased view of either side.  This is where the political inclination of moderators matter.  Because each side does it.

Also, I think you are being dishonest here.  I'm absolutely certain you would swoop down in righteous indignation if any Conservative was ever treated unfairly.

As moderators we basically enforce the rules, right?  Not that much is going to change.  But even if absolute fairness is achieved, the political side opposite the moderators will perceive bias against their side.

5 minutes ago, bludog said:

Condition #1

When so many Liberals see these labels as the truth, it is repressive to gag them.  Every day, in NHB, Liberals are falsely accused in thread titles, of treason, cowardice, child molestation and the most heinous crimes known to humankind.  And now there is some "Grand Bargain" prohibiting Liberals from rightly pointing out the plain truth?  Gimmie a break.

Condition #2

It cannot be part of any bargain to ask members who participate here but have negative feelings about the board, to mouth false bromides for public display  Advocating for the board needs to be on a voluntary basis. 

This site is mainly for political discussion and debate.   The debate is often bitter and hateful.  We are anything but a united team.  If it's unity you want, get rid of one side or the other.  It is unrealistic to expect board users to love the board.

Condition #3

Where did you get the idea that Nazis would be run off?  That was never the intention. Moderating with a light hand, when possible, is the goal.   As far as engaging with Nazis?  I for one, would quickly run out of soap.

Condition #4

So far, Liberal banned spammers far outnumber Conservatives.  Also, there is some confusion between trolling and spamming.  There is a double standard, depending on which side of the aisle one sits;  And since the site owner is Conservative, Liberals have borne the brunt of that bias.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Your attitude makes me doubt you are serious about bringing back banned Liberals.

If I had my druthers, I would bring back Benson13, Merrill, Leftwinger and WillFranklin, among others.  I would also reinstate dontlooknow who, in between admitted repetition, had some remarkable insights.  I am against bringing back SoleResult, who contributed nothing but voluminous drivel.

Condition #5

No problem.

Condition #6

My policy would be to accord Conservatives fair treatment each and every time.  A problem arises when fair for one is not perceived as fair for the other, in the biased view of either side.  This is where the political inclination of moderators matter.  Because each side does it.

Also, I think you are being dishonest here.  I'm absolutely certain you would swoop down in righteous indignation if any Conservative was ever treated unfairly.

As moderators we basically enforce the rules, right?  Not that much is going to change.  But even if absolute fairness is achieved, the political side opposite the moderators will perceive bias against their side.

I see what's going on. You are still hung up on the being a moderator. You aren't a moderator you will be an administrator and you are being obtuse.

39 minutes ago, kfools said:

I see what's going on. You are still hung up on the being a moderator. You aren't a moderator you will be an administrator and you are being obtuse.

Thanks kfools.  I think any misunderstanding has been cleared up now.

• Upvote 2