Sign in to follow this  
Olivaw

No, Trump is not leading in 15 battleground states.

Trump in the Lead in 15 Battleground States? Don't Believe It

https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/politics/trump-in-the-lead-in-15-battleground-states-dont-believe-it

SSRS polled 1,112 voters in total, 583 voters in 15 battleground states. That works out to an average of 38.9 people per state.  There is no statistical model whereby less than 40 people are representative of a state. 

Here are some real swing states poll results. 

• May 12-21: North Carolina: Even
  • May 18-19: Michigan: Biden +6
  • May 11-17: Michigan: Biden +3
  • May 10-14: Pennsylvania: Biden +9
  • May 6-8: Wisconsin: Biden +9
  • May 1-5: Michigan: Biden +9
  • May 16-18: Georgia: Biden +1 
  • May 14-17: Florida: Biden +5
  • May 14-17: Florida: Biden +1
  • May 3-16: Virginia: Biden +12
  • May 9-11: Arizona: Biden +8
  • May 7-11: Colorado: Biden +13
  • May 11-13: Georgia: Trump +2
  • Florida: May 8-12: Biden +5
  • May 7-9: North Carolina: Trump +3

• Upvote 2

Nice!  :lol:  So, in reality, Cheeto is leading in exactly, umm, zero states?  :huh:  But tied in one (NC)?

Keep in mind, Trump is rage tweeting about North Carolina a lot these days because he wants a big 'ole "no mask or social distancing" kind of RNC convention in North Carolina last this summer.  So his polling in North Carolina is likely to take a nose dive....

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Nice!  :lol:  So, in reality, Cheeto is leading in exactly, umm, zero states?  :huh:  But tied in one (NC)?

Keep in mind, Trump is rage tweeting about North Carolina a lot these days because he wants a big 'ole "no mask or social distancing" kind of RNC convention in North Carolina last this summer.  So his polling in North Carolina is likely to take a nose dive....

Take nothing for granted. We have to run like we were ten points down. We can't just narrowly win. We have to kick ass so bad that the republicunts will have to totally purge themselves of every remnant of trumpism in their party the way they had to after Goldwater's historic defeat in 1964. Yes, I'm old enough to remember it well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, calguy said:

Take nothing for granted. We have to run like we were ten points down. We can't just narrowly win. We have to kick ass so bad that the republicunts will have to totally purge themselves of every remnant of trumpism in their party the way they had to after Goldwater's historic defeat in 1964. Yes, I'm old enough to remember it well.

Fair point, but I wonder if Democrats need to be reminded to worry about the next election. Worrying is what Democrats do.

You can find Democrats in a football stadium by looking for the people chewing their fingernails when the team is up by 21. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, calguy said:

Oh, no doubt.  And taking back the Senate is almost as critical as taking the White House.  This has GOT to be another blue wave.  Our democracy is at stake here.  

Edited by bludog
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Olivaw said:

Fair point, but I wonder if Democrats need to be reminded to worry about the next election. Worrying is what Democrats do.

You can find Democrats in a football stadium by looking for the people chewing their fingernails when the team is up by 21. 

It's already a tilted playing field with the electoral college which means a Democrat president has to win by at least 5 million in popular vote alone. If roles were reversed I wouldn't put it past conservatives to try to move voters from landslide states to tighten battleground states and overtake them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, RollingRock said:

Oh, no doubt.  And taking back the Senate is almost as critical as taking the White House.  This has GOT to be another blue wave.  Our democracy is at stake here.  

Taking the Senate is every bit as important as taking the White House. Because we all know if Moscow Mitch stays in power, all progress will be thwarted in the Senate and that scenario is only slightly better than the one we have right now. Democratic complacency was responsible for letting trump squeak into the White House. I don't think we'll make the same mistake this time around.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, calguy said:

This  ...   

Under Trump's influence, the GOP has been more blatantly disruptive and lawless than ever before.  Trump has strongly hinted that he encourages election cheating.  Even if he doesn't succeed in stopping most mail-in voting, I believe we will see more election fraud this cycle than ever in US history.  Plus the Republicans have not yet begun to use their vastly richer war chest to saturate the media with disinformation, conspiracy theories and mudslinging.  Add to that the Electoral College.   In order to overcome that, we are going to need a large voter turnout and big numerical superiority. 

The polls don't take into account, cheating, election fraud, vote rigging and manipulation or the EC.   Beating Trump by a landslide would be the ideal.  But given today's conditions, I can't imagine it happening

Edited by bludog

Let's hope Trumpy can keep opening his pie hole everyday, continuing to spout off stupid theories and lies.  For each day that passes, Biden and the Dems gain more points.