RollingRock

You Can't Mask Stupid

3 hours ago, RollingRock said:

The only rational response to these people who refuse to abide by social distancing guidelines is for people who want to protect themselves to shelter in place even longer.

It’s a reverse violation of rights. These clowns insist on their imagined right to endanger others with reckless behavior. If they drove drunk or sped past a school at 100mph they would end up behind bars. They are allowed to get away with this misconduct AND they smugly represent themselves as defenders of personal freedom. Disgraceful!

• Upvote 2

Talk about entitlement attitudes, this punk had the audacity to call the items he didnt even pay for "his stuff" and furthermore your on Costco property so I'm sure you would probably be even more rude if someone was on your property doing something you didn't approve of. People like this have it so wrong about what freedom is really about, they think they can do or say things that are willfully wrong and harmful to others around them and defend their actions as their own freedom no matter where they may be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, bludog said:

Trump and Pence are setting a terrible example for those susceptible to their persona.  Truly, the Republican Party is now largely a Cult of Personality.

Thank goodness that the Democratic Party hasn't turned into a Cult of Personality.

That sort of situation never turns out well.

Bill

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

When people listen to each other, accept each other's differences, and work together for a common goal, a cult of personality like Trump cannot happen.  

When movements work against a common goal, undermine supposed allies, act vindictively to support and enable common enemies, demonize potential allies by emphasizing differences, engage in smear campaigns, work to create rage and division in the ranks, riot and cause disruptions, make false claims that they were "robbed," then one has all the hallmarks of a Cult of Personality in the making.

These are a very dangerous phenomenon.

Bill

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

When movements work against a common goal, undermine supposed allies, act vindictively to support and enable common enemies, demonize potential allies by emphasizing differences, engage in smear campaigns, work to create rage and division in the ranks, riot and cause disruptions, make false claims that they were "robbed," then one has all the hallmarks of a Cult of Personality in the making.

These are a very dangerous phenomenon.

Bill

I don't know of any candidates on the 2020 Democratic ticket who has done that.  There is a lot of divisive propaganda out there, though.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

I don't know of any candidates on the 2020 Democratic ticket who has done that.  There is a lot of divisive propaganda out there, though.

As to divisive propaganda being out there, I could not agree more.

As to the Democrat who will head the 2020 ticket (and any Democrats who might conceivably join him on the ticket), I'm also in agreement.

But as to the candidate who ran in our party primary as he attacked the party he refused to join, we are very (very) far apart in our thinking.

At least 2020 is shaping up better than 2016 when it comes to the behavior of divisive forces. 

Trump never should have been president in the first place.

Bill

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SpyCar said:

As to divisive propaganda being out there, I could not agree more.

As to the Democrat who will head the 2020 ticket (and any Democrats who might conceivably join him on the ticket), I'm also in agreement.

But as to the candidate who ran in our party primary as he attacked the party he refused to join, we are very (very) far apart in our thinking.

At least 2020 is shaping up better than 2016 when it comes to the behavior of divisive forces. 

Bill

I feel that now in 2020 there is less divisiveness between Democrats compared to 2016. 

I really feel the connection between Biden and Bernie is better than what it was between Hillary and Bernie. 

That is a huge step forward for everything.

Let's hope that we can get a majority of the Bernie or Bust people on the right side so we are not faced with another 4 years of Trump. 

I am more confident during this cycle that this will happen and that we can win in November.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Bernie never ONCE "attacked" the party.  He has suggested changes to improve the party, however.  I think we need to be able to recognize the difference between constructive criticism and "attacking."

I agree wholeheartedly.  Biden is a much better candidate and is working well with Bernie to make sure there is a Democratic victory in November.  In 2016, Bernie's supporters were ignored (or alienated altogether).   This time around, Biden is working WITH Bernie and it's making a huge difference.   Bernie supporters are slowly getting on board with Biden.  

Bill

I agree.  Good candidates prevent voter apathy.  It is incumbent on the party to come up with a candidate that the voters can get excited about.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RollingRock said:

Bernie never ONCE "attacked" the party.  He has suggested changes to improve the party, however.  I think we need to be able to recognize the difference between constructive criticism and "attacking."

Sorry, but this is a manifest falsehood. Were I in the mood, I could most dozens of repulsive attacks that Sanders has made on the Democratic Party over the years. Are you being for real here???

In 2016, Bernie's supporters were ignored (or alienated altogether).   This time around, Biden is working WITH Bernie and it's making a huge difference.   Bernie supporters are slowly getting on board with Biden.  [/quote]

Another falsehood. The Democratic Party and our legitimate nominee bent over backwards to accommodate Bernie Sanders (just look at the platform committee) but he and his supporters acted vindictively and with malice to  subvert the election and aid Donald J Trump. Liberal Democrats will NEVER forget the perfidy of Our Revolution.

That no Democrats endorsed BS was not an accident. The man is utterly despised in our party. Sanders has done this country great harm due to his megalomania and extremism.

He will go down in history as an anti-liberal villain. 

Bill

2 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Sorry, but this is a manifest falsehood. Were I in the mood, I could most dozens of repulsive attacks that Sanders has made on the Democratic Party over the years. Are you being for real here???

Another falsehood. The Democratic Party and our legitimate nominee bent over backwards to accommodate Bernie Sanders (just look at the platform committee) but he and his supporters acted vindictively and with malice to  subvert the election and aid Donald J Trump. Liberal Democrats will NEVER forget the perfidy of Our Revolution.

That no Democrats endorsed BS was not an accident. The man is utterly despised in our party. Sanders has done this country great harm due to his megalomania and extremism.

He will go down in history as an anti-liberal villain. 

Bill

Let's continue our argument in NHB.  I will not respond to this here in this area of the forum.  Your post is rife with inaccuracies.

13 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Let's continue our argument in NHB.  I will not respond to this here in this area of the forum.  Your post is rife with inaccuracies.

To accuse someone of inaccuracies without offering up the specific "inaccuracies" is not respectful posting.

Everything I stated is true. We had Cornel West on the damn platform, FFS. Then he, like many others, stabbed our party in the back.

Bill

25 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

To accuse someone of inaccuracies without offering up the specific "inaccuracies" is not respectful posting.

How would you propose one points out inaccuracies in another's posts?  :huh:  

Also, what does that have to do with idiots who refuse to wear masks in public (the, umm, topic of the thread)?

10 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

How would you propose one points out inaccuracies in another's posts?  :huh:  

Also, what does that have to do with idiots who refuse to wear masks in public (the, umm, topic of the thread)?

As to the first, point out the inaccuracy (at the minimum) and ideally offer up evidence for the charge.

As to the second point, BD said "Truly, the Republican Party is now largely a Cult of Personality." To which I responded that I'm glad we Democrats rejected going in the same path. Personality Cults are dangerous to liberal democracy.

Bill

8 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

As to the first, point out the inaccuracy (at the minimum) and ideally offer up evidence for the charge.

This thread is about masks.   

8 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

As to the second point, BD said "Truly, the Republican Party is now largely a Cult of Personality." To which I responded that I'm glad we Democrats rejected going in the same path. Personality Cults are dangerous to liberal democracy.

Bill

Personality cults like Trump's are dangerous.  There were only solid, sincere candidates on the 2020 Democratic ticket this year, so "going in the same path" would have been impossible. 

But, then again, this thread is about masks

3 hours ago, RollingRock said:

This thread is about masks.   

Personality cults like Trump's are dangerous.  There were only solid, sincere candidates on the 2020 Democratic ticket this year, so "going in the same path" would have been impossible. 

But, then again, this thread is about masks

Masks slip. They always do.

Personality cults like Trump's are dangerous. And there is little difference between Trump's personality cult and the one run by Sanders. Both examples of populist demagoguery.

If you have an issue with cult of personalities coming up in a thread, I'd suggest you take it up with bludog. OK?

Bill

13 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Masks slip. They always do.

Not if you have the proper mask.  :)   

How about we let go of arguments of the past and, instead, work together to get Joe Biden elected?  :huh:  

• Upvote 2