TBHWT

FBI Says They're Reviewing Michael Flynn Case After Evidence of Gross Misconduct Exposed

FBI Says They're Reviewing Michael Flynn Case After Evidence of Gross Misconduct Exposed
 Matt Vespa Posted: May 22, 2020 3:08 PM

After new documents showed that ex-Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn was the victim of an FBI entrapment plot, the Department of Justice has filed a motion to dismiss the case. It details a sordid history of overreach and prosecutorial misconduct, which was directed by former FBI Director James Comey, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, and other top officials at the FBI. Flynn was forced to plead guilty to bogus “lying to the FBI” charges as a result.

Flynn was targeted over his phone call with former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, though the entire FBI counterintelligence probe into collusion was based on a debunked and unverified Democrat-funded opposition research project called the Trump dossier. The DOJ motion makes it quite clear that Flynn should have never been targeted by the FBI, or for any federal investigation since there was no evidence of wrongdoing. There was no evidence of Russian collusion. Yet, the calls he had with Kislyak were leaked to the press. These were classified discussions, but the anti-Trump deep state was getting to work.

Now, we’re learning that the FBI had wiretapped Flynn’s call with Kislyak, never masked his name, and circulated this information throughout the Obama administration. The source of the leaks now points to the J. Edgar Hoover Building. With so much malfeasance, current FBI Director Christopher Wray announced an internal review of this investigation (via Fox News):

The FBI announced Friday that Director Chris Wray has ordered an internal review of the handling of the bureau’s investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, which will include examining whether current FBI employees "engaged in misconduct."

“FBI Director Christopher Wray today ordered the Bureau’s Inspection Division to conduct an after-action review of the Michael Flynn investigation,” the bureau said in a statement.

The review will be handled by the bureau’s Inspection Division, the FBI said. That division is similar to an internal affairs office in a police department.

The bureau said the “after-action review” will have a two-fold purpose: evaluating the FBI’s role in the case and determining whether any “current employees engaged in misconduct,” as well as identifying whether any “improvements” might be warranted to FBI procedures.

“Although the FBI does not have the prosecutorial authority to bring a criminal case, the Inspection Division can and will evaluate whether any current onboard employees engaged in actions that might warrant disciplinary measures,” the FBI said.

3 minutes ago, roadkill said:

So the FBI will guard their own chicken coop?  

FBI agents investigating FBI agents. Laughable to say the least.

10 minutes ago, slideman said:

Wray is trying to save his job

Well they wouldn't want to give the FBI a bad name now, would they? Hahahaha, too late. They are now the laughing stock of Law Enforcement around the globe. How to ruin an organization from the inside with your inability to accept the outcome of an election in one lesson. I'm in Oz, and honestly believe that this attempted coup was for reasons we have not seen yet. The corruption from high is dictating what is being defended at all costs by those with the longest tentacles and the most to lose. Fix your double standard of Law Enforcement first, i.e. the Republicans get smashed on rumor's and innuendo and suffer from leaks to the press that can and should be treated as crimes.

Just now, TBHWT said:

FBI agents investigating FBI agents. Laughable to say the least.

Some FBI agents said Flynn didn't lie.

Maybe a complete list of agents would be a good idea.  

• Upvote 1

They didn't say Flynn didn't lie. They said at the time of the interview they didn't see indications that he was lying. That is not the same thing at all.

5 minutes ago, roadkill said:

What ever the case, we now know how corrupt this whole fiasco really is.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

What ever the case, we now know how corrupt this whole fiasco really is.  

Yep...but the leftist media doesn't seem curious about Hillary or anyone else.

Go figure.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, roadkill said:

I think a complete make over is in store, hopefully Trump will get in again and try and straighten things out. A corrupt FBI is very dangerous for everyone concerned. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, slideman said:

They didn't say Flynn didn't lie. They said at the time of the interview they didn't see indications that he was lying. That is not the same thing at all.

Link?

13 minutes ago, roadkill said:

Yep...but the leftist media doesn't seem curious about Hillary or anyone else.

Go figure.

And Probably never will RK, that's the sad thing.

2 hours ago, slideman said:

Wray is trying to save his job

Nice spin! 😄

1 hour ago, slideman said:

They had no reason to interview him to begin with. They entrapped him and the prosecution withheld this evidence that would have proven his innocence. 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, Str8tEdge said:

They had no reason to interview him to begin with. They entrapped him and the prosecution withheld this evidence that would have proven his innocence. 

It was a total railroad job, by the Obama administration. Qbama never liked Flynn and set him up as the patsy in the Russia collusion. And now the left won't let up on the lying part.  

On 5/23/2020 at 4:48 PM, slideman said:

Jonathan Turley is no conservative judicial mind. The professor at George Washington University Law School has been featured for his opposition to the impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump. He saw the partisan nonsense behind it. Everyone could, but the Democrats had promised their base impeachment. Something had to be done. 

With the case against ex-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn coming apart, Turley has noted that the former general may have grounds to launch a malicious prosecution lawsuit against the FBI. The motion to dismiss the case from the Department of Justice is damning. It outlines what many considered conspiracy theory talk: there was a plot to entrap Flynn. There was no evidence to prove Russian collusion. Even the agents who interviewed Flynn said he didn’t lie to them. Flynn has spoken with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, which was part of his job. The FBI and its Trump-deranged officials thought this was a Logan Act violation, which is utterly laughable. They were weaponizing a phone call to take down a top Trump official. It’s madness. 

Sullivan is largely responsible for the current posture of the case. Flynn was supposed to be sentenced in December 2018 before the hearing took a bizarre turn. Using the flag in the courtroom as a prop, Sullivan incorrectly accused Flynn of being “an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States. Arguably, that undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably, you sold your country out.” He then questioned whether Flynn should have been charged with treason.

Flynn faced a relatively minor single count of false statements with the likelihood of no jail time — but Sullivan was suggesting that he could have been charged with treason, subject to the death penalty. Sullivan then gave Flynn a menacing choice: “I cannot assure you that if you proceed today, you will not receive a sentence of incarceration. ... I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain.” Flynn, unsurprisingly, opted to wait.

And alas, here we are. Flynn is left to tread water in the legal pool while every left-wing wingnut takes a swipe out of him in court. Flynn is a victim. For years, the nation was engulfed in the Russian collusion myth peddling by Democrats and their allies in the media. It was fanned by the anti-Trump deep state actors that are still working to inflict damage onto this administration as we speak. But with no evidence and with what’s left of the manufactured narrative blown to bits with the collapse of the Flynn case, you cannot polish a turd. Flynn deserves to have thus put in his rearview mirror. It’s time, but it seems this judge wants to keep this dragging through the election cycle, perhaps in the hopes that a Biden-led DOJ will drop the motion to dismiss. Is this crazy talk? Gleeson will file his briefs on June 10, and you know it won’t be settled by then.