king of the county

‘Then you ain’t black’

7 hours ago, IkeBana said:

Anybody who supports or votes for Trump is a racist. 

I'll be sure to tell my second-generation African/American buddy that you think he's a racist.  I didn't vote for Trump... but he did, and he will do it again come November.

7 hours ago, IkeBana said:

Then make an argument for your opinion.  Like your president, that would require half a fucking brain and some intellectual curiosity about  history.

You've demonstrated a far more profound lack of both than most on this forum.

3 hours ago, Pengwin said:

Since she won the popular vote, apparently not.

Popular vote is not relevant in Presidential elections.

Most Americans wanted here, not the Orange Menace.

Most Californians and New Yorkers wanted her; not the majority of America.

Well, odd as it might seem, in all other U.S. elections the one who gets the most votes actually wins.

Local ones, sure.  National?  Not so much.  

We're a Republic of 50 states; not a contiguous nation where a national popular vote can be relevant.

Why not.  Should we not be - majority rule?

Otherwise known as Mob rule.

And our Constitution forbids it when appropriate.

The dangers of pure democracy are well documented.

No, I want it to stop being ruled by our barbarous ancestors (Jefferson to Madison).

A man in the coat that fit him as a boy (Jefferson to Madison).

You are being ruled by dead men (Jefferson to Madison).

Okay, let's mush on.

No.  We aren't "ruled by our barbarous ancestors".  The Constitution is the foundation of our laws, and can be changed via amendment to address changing times if the appropriate majority of American citizens believes it necessary.

But people like you want to ignore the Constitution when you find it inconvenient, and when you attack the Constitution you hide behind defaming the Founders; who certainly were flawed men, but created the most sublime document ever penned by man to protect individual freedom and liberty.

Your arrogant prognostications doesn't change any of that.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2020 at 1:55 PM, king of the county said:

Biden: 'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

By Eric Bradner and Sarah Mucha, CNN

Updated 11:17 AM ET, Fri May 22, 2020 

Former US Vice President Joe Biden speaks during the First State Democratic Dinner in Dover, Delaware, on March 16, 2019.

Former US Vice President Joe Biden speaks during the First State Democratic Dinner in Dover, Delaware, on March 16, 2019.

(CNN)Joe Biden told a popular African-American radio host Friday morning that anyone struggling to decide whether to support him or President Donald Trump in the general election "ain't black." 

The presumptive Democratic nominee's comment came at the end of an at times tense interview with Charlamagne tha God on "The Breakfast Club." 
A staffer interjected that Biden needed to go, and Charlamagne shot back: "You can't do that to black media!"
"I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o'clock," Biden said, referring to his wife Jill Biden apparently needing to use the broadcast studio they've built in their basement in Delaware as the coronavirus pandemic has knocked Biden off the campaign trail. Glancing at his watch, Biden said, "uh oh, I'm in trouble." 

Charlamagne told Biden that he should come to the studio in New York City for another interview, telling the former vice president that "we've got more questions." 
"You've got more questions?" Biden replied. "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
Charlemagne responded, "It don't have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact, I want something for my community."
"Take a look at my record, man!" Biden shot back.
Biden at times during the 2020 race has quickly become testy when challenged over his record by groups the former vice president believes would fare worse under Trump. In November, he told a protester criticizing former President Barack Obama's record on deportations that "you should vote for Trump." 
The interview was Biden's first appearance on "The Breakfast Club," a popular nationally syndicated radio show broadcast from New York City that other leading Democratic presidential candidates appeared on during the primary. 
Biden's win in the Democratic primary was fueled primarily by his support from African-American voters, particularly older ones, who catapulted him to the win in South Carolina that set the stage for Biden to all but end the race in the following weeks. 
A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found Biden with 81% support among black voters to Trump's 3%. 
"Vice President Biden has spent his career fighting alongside and for the African American community. He won his party's nomination by earning every vote and meeting people where they are and that's exactly what he intends to do this November," senior Biden adviser Symone Sanders said of the interview on Twitter.
She added: "The comments made at the end of the Breakfast Club interview were in jest, but let's be clear about what the VP was saying: he was making the distinction that he would put his record with the African American community up against Trump's any day. Period."
Trump's campaign used Biden's comment to portray him as taking black voters for granted.
Katrina Pierson, a Trump campaign senior adviser, said in a statement that Biden "believes black men and women are incapable of being independent or free thinking."
Trump in 2016 argued that black voters should reject Democrats who he argued had taken their votes for granted and back him, saying, "What the hell do you have to lose?"
Biden has frequently criticized Trump's history of racist comments and actions, which includes questioning former President Barack Obama's citizenship, expressing frustration with immigrants from "s***hole countries" and referring to white supremacist protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, and counter-protesters by saying there were "very fine people on both sides."
In the radio interview, Biden declined to name people on his list of those being considered for the vice presidential nomination, but said:"I guarantee you, there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple." 
Charlamagne pressed Biden on his role in enacting the 1994 crime bill, which Biden defended, saying Hillary Clinton was "wrong" in 2016 to apologize for it and that Republicans -- had insisted on the inclusion of mandatory minimum sentencing. 
Biden also defended his calls to decriminalize marijuana, rather than legalizing it. He said before legalizing it, he wants to wait and see the results of studies on "what it affects, doesn't affect in long-term development of the brain. And we should wait till the studies are done."

"I think we got decades of studies from actual weed smokers though," Charlemagne cut in. 
"Yeah, I do," Biden said. "I know a lot of weed smokers."

Do his comments offend blacks or not?

6 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Do his comments offend blacks or not?

YO king...how do you like my new siggy ?

4e2f4794d3682c0acb0f816b645e774a.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IkeBana said:

You people are just remarkable.  Black people are too stupid to know when they're being duped by a bunch of scheming manipulative Democrats.  Too dependent on the government.  Needing rich white Republicans to correct all their misconceptions and bad habits.

Not as remarkable as your silly version of what you think other people think of black folks.  

....and I wouldn't know about this "too stupid" foolishness but, oh, YOU said that.

.....was that a bad attempt at sarcasm or is that how you really feel?...

Just please....

1 hour ago, jefftec said:

Not as remarkable as your silly version of what you think other people think of black folks.  

....and I wouldn't know about this "too stupid" foolishness but, oh, YOU said that.

.....was that a bad attempt at sarcasm or is that how you really feel?...

Just please....

It's not how I feel dumbass...I'm just clarifying what you people say about black people.  You insult their intelligence and when they reject your bullshit, you double down on your insults of their intelligence and accuse them of being duped by Democrats.   Black people can see right through white people.  We're all bigots to one degree or another.  It's built in to all of us.  They know it.  Black people have HEALTHY paranoia when it comes to us white people.  You trumper motherfuckers are just on the white supremacist lynch mob far end of the white bigot continuum.

2 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

It's not how I feel dumbass...I'm just clarifying what you people say about black people.  You insult their intelligence and when they reject your bullshit, you double down on your insults of their intelligence and accuse them of being duped by Democrats.   Black people can see right through white people.  We're all bigots to one degree or another.  It's built in to all of us.  They know it.  Black people have HEALTHY paranoia when it comes to us white people.  You trumper motherfuckers are just on the white supremacist lynch mob far end of the white bigot continuum.

"us white people"?....thanks for introducing me to your stupid, an adventure down Dullard's Lane, I suppose. .....For that would be Mr BLACK trumper motherfucker to you.

After 50 years of loyalty to the democratic party, what has it gotten black folks? .....

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

No.  We aren't "ruled by our barbarous ancestors".

According to Jefferson we are, and I agree.  Take it up with him.  His words - not mine.

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

Otherwise known as Mob rule.

Yep, but that's what a pure democracy is eh?

If you say you don't approve well that's fine and dandy, neither did the Founders.

But don't tell us that every vote counts (when that is total BS).

3 minutes ago, NeoConvict said:

Obama started the kids in cages thing and deported millions more than Trump has. Next?

And Obama caused the pandemic.  And Obama caused the economic collapse from the pandemic.  Obama crucified the baby jesus, and impregnated your wife when your back was turned.  HAHAAAAAAAHAHAH!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pengwin said:

I'm in Texas.  My vote doesn't count until it turns blue (or we get rid of that abomination and relic of our founding called the Electoral College)

Take a walk across the border and go back to Mexico

• Haha 2
  • IDIOT! 1

6 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Get a reality, Ducky.  This ain't 1789.

8 hours ago, Pengwin said:

Yep, but that's what a pure democracy is eh?

If you say you don't approve well that's fine and dandy, neither did the Founders.

But don't tell us that every vote counts (when that is total BS).

Every vote does count in the United States...we're not the United States of California.

54 minutes ago, IkeBana said:

And Obama caused the pandemic.  And Obama caused the economic collapse from the pandemic.  Obama crucified the baby jesus, and impregnated your wife when your back was turned.  HAHAAAAAAAHAHAH!

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. What if desperate establishment leaders got together with unscrupulous Chinese biological weapons researchers to release this bug just prior to the US election? China is tiring of Trump. The string pullers in DC are tired of Trump. There is motive and capability. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jefftec said:

"us white people"?....thanks for introducing me to your stupid, an adventure down Dullard's Lane, I suppose. .....For that would be Mr BLACK trumper motherfucker to you.

After 50 years of loyalty to the democratic party, what has it gotten black folks? .....

The vote, and with it millions of elective and appointive positions.

Without  LBJ using his skills at getting a majority if both houses after seventy years of not even being able to get a federal law against lynching, there woud have been no  Civil Rights legislation. Kennedy could not pass it.

As soon as Southern states had the legislative ability to rescind voting rights legislation, the now-anti- civil rights GOP came up with dozens of bills to make it hard to impossible for Black people and even poor White people, to vote.

Of course, you will feel obliged to post crap about how LBJ once pronounced the word "Negro", followed by the usual array of photoshopped images of Robert Byrd in Klan attire just th show how LBJ was a racist.

Which he wasn't.

And did nothing for Black people.

Which he did.

I really really get tired of you rightwind ignoramuses that know nothing but crap you read on your favorite racist websites or heard about from Rush, posting the same, tired shit, time after time. As though you will convince anyone/

Which you will not.

13 hours ago, jefftec said:

It's gotten them a black president who they knew would fight for their rights.  It's gotten them representation in the Congress both by color and by gender.  How many of the Republican members of the 116th US House are black?  Three.  And Allen West ain't black.   But it's not even about Trump or his GOP co-conspirators in the Congress.  It's about you.  People like you who put him in office and continue to support him, and who vote Republicans into the Congress who will support him.  It's Republican voters that is the issue for black Americans.  As so accurately reported by author Attica Locke...

I was thinking about the fact that Donald Trump will one day be gone. He won't be around forever, but I still have to live with the people who put him in office. I still have to share this planet and this country with people who showed such a profound disregard for my life, and the life of other people of color. And I don't know what to do with that. And I think I was asking myself, could I and should I, when all this is said and done, forgive the people who put Trump in office? Is that safe to do? Or do you forgive people at your own peril because you give them then license to keep this up? Because like the passage I read earlier, I was one of the people who thought when Obama was elected, not that we were going to wipe history clean, but there was a willingness in my heart to start new. We could remember what happened before, but we could start new today.

So I was so profoundly hurt to realize that there were still so many people in the country for whom they were fine electing someone who said such hateful things about people who look like me just because it made economic sense to them. I don't know what to do with that, and I'm still wrestling with forgiveness. I don't know how or if to forgive.

Trump will be gone, hopefully sooner than later, but the rest of us still have to share good clean air (no thanks to you) with the likes of you.

23 minutes ago, Duck615 said:

Spiro Agnew lives!!!

19 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Get a reality, Ducky.  This ain't 1789.

Seems you don't respect our laws... so GTFO