Vegas

Transgender men in women's sports: science vs Political correctness

I dont expect any liberals to watch this. Ill give you the short and sweet of it. 

Two guys do mediocre in men's track. So they become transgender to race in the women's track. Now they are crushing it. This girl had a track scholarship. Not anymore since she is always placing third behind these two dudes. 

Science: transgender men still have years of testosterone running through their bodies. Their testosterone level  is no different than doping with respect to women. Thats an unfair advantage.  

Political correctness: stop offending people and be nice. Be tolerant and allow them to compete against woman orherwise you will be called a bunch of names like transphobic and bigot. 

You are welcome to separate them by XX or XY, but trust me on this, you won't like the results (although the boys in the locker rooms will).

And, yeah, this is a bit of a pickle.

6 hours ago, Pengwin said:

You are welcome to separate them by XX or XY, but trust me on this, you won't like the results (although the boys in the locker rooms will).

And, yeah, this is a bit of a pickle.

You're welcome to ditch the political correctness, but trust me on this, you wont like the results.  

47 minutes ago, Vegas said:

You're welcome to ditch the political correctness, but trust me on this, you wont like the results.  

I'm not PC.  No fan of it.

28 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Do you think transgender men should participate in women's sports?

Excessive promotion and pressure to accept all lifestyles and those born with mental illness and deformations

is part of globohomo and neoliberalism.  It must be rejected.  Has nothing to do with left/right politics

2 minutes ago, EdithMcCroch said:

Excessive promotion and pressure to accept all lifestyles and those born with mental illness and deformations

is part of globohomo and neoliberalism.  It must be rejected.  Has nothing to do with left/right politics

Its left wing politics. 

9 minutes ago, Vegas said:

It's a good question.  Are they more or less the same as organs go?  Ovaries don't weigh much.  Hormone levels the same?

And even then we have quite the problem because the average girl from Nigeria is going to kick a white girl's ass no matter what so, then what?

Add in the fact we have both XX males and XY females and it all gets - kind of fucked beyond all repair so maybe, just maybe, it's not just about who crosses the line first.  These are, after all, people - not horses.

Even they don't just run male versus female.  Maybe we shouldn't either?

16 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

It's a good question.  Are they more or less the same as organs go?  Ovaries don't weigh much.  Hormone levels the same?

And even then we have quite the problem because the average girl from Nigeria is going to kick a white girl's ass no matter what so, then what?

Add in the fact we have both XX males and XY females and it all gets - kind of fucked beyond all repair so maybe, just maybe, it's not just about who crosses the line first.  These are, after all, people - not horses.

Are you really saying, other than sex/reproduction organs and (typically) and extra rib, there are no physical differences between the male and female?  Why does women's basketball (at every level) use a smaller ball than men's basketball (men use 29.5 inch circumference, women use 28.5 inch).  Why are there different sets of records for men and women for track and field events, weight lifting, etc.?

Stop separating men and women in sports.  If a woman wants the clean and jerk world record, let her lift 369.98 pounds rather than 257.95 pounds for that weight class.

5 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Are you really saying, other than sex/reproduction organs and (typically) and extra rib...

There is no extra rib.  Humans, almost always, have exactly the same number of bones.  Until we can't get that part right let's forget about the junk and the genetics.

"206 bones

The human skeleton is the internal framework of the human body. It is composed of around 270 bones at birth – this total decreases to around 206 bones by adulthood after some bones get fused together. The bone mass in the skeleton reaches maximum density around age 21."

27 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

an xx female born at birth is the exception (is it xxy?) and if she is a female raised as a female than maybe she should compete with the girls.

17 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

There is no extra rib.  Humans, almost always, have exactly the same number of bones.  Until we can't get that part right let's forget about the junk and the genetics.

"206 bones

The human skeleton is the internal framework of the human body. It is composed of around 270 bones at birth – this total decreases to around 206 bones by adulthood after some bones get fused together. The bone mass in the skeleton reaches maximum density around age 21."

Ignore the rib comment (I meant to put the goofy smile after it...forgot...shoot me).  Answer the question.

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

Ignore the rib comment (I meant to put the goofy smile after it...forgot...shoot me).  Answer the question.

Are men and women different?  Yep.  Are they also different even if they look the same and pee the same?  Yep.

So, now what?

• MORON! 1

3 minutes ago, Pengwin said:

Are men and women different?  Yep.  Are they also different even if they look the same and pee the same?  Yep.

So, now what?

Forget it.  You are a certifiable idiot who simply refuses to admit that, as a general rule, men are physically bigger, stronger and faster than women.

1 minute ago, BatteryPowered said:

Forget it.  You are a certifiable idiot who simply refuses to admit that, as a general rule, men are physically bigger, stronger and faster than women.

See above - That's what I just did.

That you aren't smart enough to know that can't be helped.

14 minutes ago, jerra- said:

an xx female born at birth is the exception (is it xxy?) and if she is a female raised as a female than maybe she should compete with the girls.

Why don't we focus on 99.9% of the women and not the 0.1% that are XX?

3 hours ago, Pengwin said:

I'm a liberal but not PC either.  Seems Vegas has a false premise for his topic, eh?  

3 hours ago, Pengwin said:

Men are biologically stronger than woman. Thats just science. 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I'm a liberal but not PC either.  Seems Vegas has a false premise for his topic, eh?  

3 hours ago, EdithMcCroch said:

both sides promote it around the world.

In America, its the lefties. 100%.

2 minutes ago, Vegas said:

No, I do not think men should participate in women's sports. 

3 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Men are biologically stronger than woman. Thats just science. 

In general, but in general doesn't mean much.