Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Obama Says U.S. Lacks Leadership in Commencement Speeches

Obama Says U.S. Lacks Leadership on Virus in Commencement Speeches ...

“Doing what feels good, what’s convenient, what’s easy — that’s how little kids think,” he said during a prime time special for high school seniors. “Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way — which is why things are so screwed up."

Ouch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-us-lacks-leadership-on-virus-in-commencement-speeches/ar-BB14biP2?ocid=spartanntp

(Full article at above link)

Without the springtime rituals of traditional graduation ceremonies, former President Barack Obama delivered two virtual commencement addresses on Saturday, urging millions of high school and college graduates to fearlessly carve a path and “to seize the initiative” at a time when he says the nation’s leaders have fumbled the response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“More than anything, this pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing,” Mr. Obama said in his first address, directed at graduates of historically black colleges and universities. “A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”

In speeches that spoke to social inequities, Mr. Obama said the pandemic was a wake-up call for young adults, showing them the importance of good leadership and that “the old ways of doing things just don’t work.”

“Doing what feels good, what’s convenient, what’s easy — that’s how little kids think,” he said during a prime time special for high school seniors. “Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way — which is why things are so screwed up. I hope that instead, you decide to ground yourself in values that last, like honesty, hard work, responsibility, fairness, generosity, respect for others.”

Mr. Obama’s comments were one of his few public addresses to a national audience during the outbreak, and he said a leadership void had created a clear mandate for the graduates: “If the world’s going to get better, it’s going to be up to you,” he said.

Summers, Dana - Color Editorial Cartoon - 20180815edsuc-a.tif ...

Tweetstorm coming.

4 minutes ago, drvoke said:

“Doing what feels good, what’s convenient, what’s easy — that’s how little kids think,” he said during a prime time special for high school seniors. “Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way — which is why things are so screwed up."

Ouch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-says-us-lacks-leadership-on-virus-in-commencement-speeches/ar-BB14biP2?ocid=spartanntp

Without the springtime rituals of traditional graduation ceremonies, former President Barack Obama delivered two virtual commencement addresses on Saturday, urging millions of high school and college graduates to fearlessly carve a path and “to seize the initiative” at a time when he says the nation’s leaders have fumbled the response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“More than anything, this pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing,” Mr. Obama said in his first address, directed at graduates of historically black colleges and universities. “A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”

In speeches that spoke to social inequities, Mr. Obama said the pandemic was a wake-up call for young adults, showing them the importance of good leadership and that “the old ways of doing things just don’t work.”

“Doing what feels good, what’s convenient, what’s easy — that’s how little kids think,” he said during a prime time special for high school seniors. “Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way — which is why things are so screwed up. I hope that instead, you decide to ground yourself in values that last, like honesty, hard work, responsibility, fairness, generosity, respect for others.”

Mr. Obama’s comments were one of his few public addresses to a national audience during the outbreak, and he said a leadership void had created a clear mandate for the graduates: “If the world’s going to get better, it’s going to be up to you,” he said.

Tweetstorm coming.

ObamaGreat. 

• Downvote 1
  • MORON! 1

Obama slams White House virus response in commencement speech ...

“More than anything, this pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing,” Mr. Obama said. “A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”

4 minutes ago, drvoke said:

“More than anything, this pandemic has fully, finally torn back the curtain on the idea that so many of the folks in charge know what they’re doing,” Mr. Obama said. “A lot of them aren’t even pretending to be in charge.”

Drvoke - you're in charge.  I'm in charge.  The citizens are in charge.  We always were.  There is no leadership in a constitutional republic.  Only the wisdom of the citizenry. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Poppaduck said:

Fuck Obama he's a has been who shouldn't have been

So is trump.

What a coincidence.

• Haha 1
  • MORON! 1

10 hours ago, drvoke said:

Ouch.

Tweetstorm coming.

Obama public service job done, now he free to begin a small business, you can be self employed or you can starve after your gov pension goes belly up etc.....

You actually think that Obama -- or any ex president -- actually needs to start a business to support himself?

All an ex president has to be is to buy a fancy house, live in it for a year of so and sell it for  many times whet he paid for it.

Richard Nixon hip hopped all over the Jersey suburbs and NYC, buying and selling apartments and houses.

Gerald Ford did the same in Palm Springs.

George McGovern made a killing when he sold his home in DC, and he was not even president.

Real estate purchases and resales are legal free money for any ex president, and probably any losing nominee as well.

Obama knows how to be an effective president. Trump knows how to PRETEND to be smart and important, by hiring asskissers, brownnosers and sycophants.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, drvoke said:

Ouch.

Tweetstorm coming.

11 hours ago, calguy said:

ObamaGreat. 

You REALLY want to see the democratic response to COVID-19????? Take a look at cases and deaths by states. YOU FUCKING MORONS OWN 90% of BOTH when factor in heavily democratic ran cities in red states. 

YOU FUCKING FAILED, BITCHES. 

59 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

You REALLY want to see the democratic response to COVID-19????? Take a look at cases and deaths by states. YOU FUCKING MORONS OWN 90% of BOTH when factor in heavily democratic ran cities in red states. 

Reality has eluded you long ago. I know this because I see you and so many others repeat almost word for words used by Fox News and hate radio nicks as they were brainwashing you. You repeat those phrases as if they were your own original ideas. You don't impress anyone. 

• Downvote 1
  • IDIOT! 1

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

Do you think anyone is impressed with your 12 month nursing"degree" from DeVry?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • IDIOT! 1

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

You actually think that Obama -- or any ex president -- actually needs to start a business to support himself?

All an ex president has to be is to buy a fancy house, live in it for a year of so and sell it for  many times whet he paid for it.

Richard Nixon hip hopped all over the Jersey suburbs and NYC, buying and selling apartments and houses.

Gerald Ford did the same in Palm Springs.

George McGovern made a killing when he sold his home in DC, and he was not even president.

Real estate purchases and resales are legal free money for any ex president, and probably any losing nominee as well.

Obama knows how to be an effective president. Trump knows how to PRETEND to be smart and important, by hiring asskissers, brownnosers and sycophants.

Real estate and the famous.

Buy for one million and sell for two million.  Almost 0 work involved.  Do it every year.

What a nice gig !!

How do I get into a game like that ??                                  🍺

18 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Real estate and the famous.

Buy for one million and sell for two million.  Almost 0 work involved.  Do it every year.

What a nice gig !!

How do I get into a game like that ??                                  🍺

Become a celebrity, then find a good real estate agent in wealthy communities.

There is an overabundance of very wealthy fools who want to live in an ex-president's house. Boring people with lots of money who hope that prestige and fame will rub off on them.

A movie star's house would also do.

11 hours ago, Poppaduck said:

Fuck Obama he's a has been who shouldn't have been

Obama is a loser...he got elected cause he's black, and the media spent 8 years covering for him.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Become a celebrity, then find a good real estate agent in wealthy communities.

There is an overabundance of very wealthy fools who want to live in an ex-president's house. Boring people with lots of money who hope that prestige and fame will rub off on them.

A movie star's house would also do.

Me as a politician ?   No, I guess not.

Movies and TV ?        No, I guess not.

Wait a minute, I got something.  Me, Jesse James, Cole Younger, and Pike Bishop(The Wild Bunch)

know how to rob banks!!   And we are damn good at our chosen profession!!           

Does that count for anything?                       🤠..🍺

14 hours ago, Crom33 said:

Drvoke - you're in charge.  I'm in charge.  The citizens are in charge.  We always were.  There is no leadership in a constitutional republic.  Only the wisdom of the citizenry. 

That would be nice, if it was accurate.

For many decades, or longer, the Federal government has grown to such an all encompassing extent - it's usurped state and local powers. The Federal government was never meant to have all of the power it presently does - power was suppose to be more local (state). The greed for power has created todays monstrosity, and all the problems that goes with it.

4 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

I guess, if u believe population density is some kind of failure.

Have you noticed?

He never said what HE would have done differently?

I wonder if he were president and closed travel to China if the Dems would have called him a racist too...

16 hours ago, drvoke said:

Was that a slam on Cuomo?

17 hours ago, calguy said:

ObamaGreatCorruptor

FTFY

tick tock... get your butthurt cream ready

7 hours ago, calguy said:

Reality has eluded you long ago. I know this because I see you and so many others repeat almost word for words used by Fox News and hate radio nicks as they were brainwashing you. You repeat those phrases as if they were your own original ideas. You don't impress anyone. 

You're a COMPLETE MORON. I've literally posted dozens of threads about NY and NJ blatant and gross negligence and not one from Fox news.😄 I've never even READ anything from Fox News about NY and NJ, DUMB FUCK. 

7 hours ago, calguy said:

Do you think anyone is impressed with your 12 month nursing"degree" from DeVry?

1. I have a BSN. That's a bachelors of science with a nursing major. 

2. I graduated from Chamberlain College of Nursing not DeDry

3. You're a dumb fuck with NO degree. 😆

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, supraTruth said:

I guess, if u believe population density is some kind of failure.

Plenty of high populations density places that came nowhere near what NY and NJ did in terms of infections and deaths. 

Care to try again? I mean we have Health Dept officials threatening to resign, aides warning De Blasio and Cuomo and well, they did their own thing. 

4 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Plenty of high populations density places that came nowhere near what NY and NJ did in terms of infections and deaths. 

Care to try again? I mean we have Health Dept officials threatening to resign, aides warning De Blasio and Cuomo and well, they did their own thing. 

& no clear directions of National safety regulations from this idiot 🍊🐷 administration.