AnotherJim

Make Sure You Are Not Drinking Coffee When You Watch This; I Will Not Be Responsibe For .........

I guess ya learn something every single day. All along I was under the impression the Irish & Chinese built our railroads; and Native Americans were the high steel magicians. Muslims never built anything higher than a tent.

2 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

any choking deaths. 

was he wrong?

When Obama  was  running in  2008,   many  on the  right were screaming he was a secret  Muslim.

I said  no... he is  clearly a  Christian, he went to   Reverend  Wright's church for decades, even though   I felt  that  Black Liberation  Theology was inappropriate for POTUS

Well...  after  what did to Evangelical Christians while  in office and  how he  seemed to  help the  enemies of America  in the   world of   Islam  made me  change my  mind

oh  and  this

Obama-Farrakhan.jpg

3 minutes ago, MrKelly said:

was he wrong?

saying that Muslims  built our   railroads and  skyscrapers?

What do you think?

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

When Obama  was  running in  2008,   many  on the  right were screaming he was a secret  Muslim.

I said  no... he is  clearly a  Christian, he went to   Reverend  Wright's church for decades, even though   I felt  that  Black Liberation  Theology was inappropriate for POTUS

Well...  after  what did to Evangelical Christians while  in office and  how he  seemed to  help the  enemies of America  in the   world of   Islam  made me  change my  mind

oh  and  this

Obama-Farrakhan.jpg

I think he was fibbing about the Muslim Track layers & the high steel. I don't see any Muslims on this list.

cprr.org/Museum/Southern_Pacific_Bulletin/Ten_Mile_Day.html

Must I actually tell you?

yes

are you saying that muslims havent contributed to the American experience?

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

saying that Muslims  built our   railroads and  skyscrapers?

What do you think?

are you saying that no muslims helped build railroads and skyscrapers?

1 minute ago, MrKelly said:

yes

are you saying that muslims havent contributed to the American experience?

As far as high steel goes; I will admit they did a good job bringing skyscrapers down.

As far as high steel goes; I will admit they did a good job bringing skyscrapers down.

Building its cities

The US wouldn’t look the way it does if it weren’t for a Muslim, Fazlur Rahman Khan. The Dhaka-born Bangladeshi-American was known as the “Einstein of structural engineering”. He pioneered a new structural system of frame tubes that revolutionised the building of skyscrapers. That system consisted of, as he once described it, “three, four, or possibly more frames, braced frames, or shear walls, joined at or near their edges to form a vertical tube-like structural system capable of resisting lateral forces in any direction by cantilevering from the foundation”.

The result was a new generation of skyscrapers that reduced the amount of steel necessary in construction and changed the look of American cityscapes. Islamist terrorists may have blown up the World Trade Center, but without Khan’s innovation of the framed tube structure, the twin towers probably wouldn’t have been constructed in the first place. Nor would the John Hancock tower, with its distinctive exterior X-bracing (devised by Khan) or the Sears tower (also made possible by Khan’s variant on the tube structure concept, the system was the so-called “bundled tube”) both in Chicago. The Sears Tower was for nearly 25 years from 1973, at 108 stories and 1,451ft (442m), the tallest building in the world. Khan died in 1982, but his innovations have proved key for future skyscrapers – including the 2009 Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago.

Among other buildings on which Khan served as structural engineer is US Bank Centre in Milwaukee and the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis. He also worked on the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado, where officers are trained. If it weren’t for this Muslim, arguably, the US air force wouldn’t be quite so good at its work that, as we know, sometimes involves bombing other countries, some of them populated chiefly by Muslims.

8 minutes ago, MrKelly said:

Building its cities

The US wouldn’t look the way it does if it weren’t for a Muslim, Fazlur Rahman Khan. The Dhaka-born Bangladeshi-American was known as the “Einstein of structural engineering”. He pioneered a new structural system of frame tubes that revolutionised the building of skyscrapers. That system consisted of, as he once described it, “three, four, or possibly more frames, braced frames, or shear walls, joined at or near their edges to form a vertical tube-like structural system capable of resisting lateral forces in any direction by cantilevering from the foundation”.

The result was a new generation of skyscrapers that reduced the amount of steel necessary in construction and changed the look of American cityscapes. Islamist terrorists may have blown up the World Trade Center, but without Khan’s innovation of the framed tube structure, the twin towers probably wouldn’t have been constructed in the first place. Nor would the John Hancock tower, with its distinctive exterior X-bracing (devised by Khan) or the Sears tower (also made possible by Khan’s variant on the tube structure concept, the system was the so-called “bundled tube”) both in Chicago. The Sears Tower was for nearly 25 years from 1973, at 108 stories and 1,451ft (442m), the tallest building in the world. Khan died in 1982, but his innovations have proved key for future skyscrapers – including the 2009 Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago.

Among other buildings on which Khan served as structural engineer is US Bank Centre in Milwaukee and the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis. He also worked on the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado, where officers are trained. If it weren’t for this Muslim, arguably, the US air force wouldn’t be quite so good at its work that, as we know, sometimes involves bombing other countries, some of them populated chiefly by Muslims.

Todays structures, compared to the 1930s, are under code ( legally, but sad ). That's why the Empire State Building took a hit from a bomber, and just stood there. Best to built a long term structure brutally strong. I pays off in the end to go beyond the legal code. Screw the cost; since it will outlive the new kids on the block.

Nothing will ever compare to the beauty of the art deco buildings from history. Static poetry. I include the Shanghai slaughter house from the 30s.

14 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

Nothing will ever compare to the beauty of the art deco buildings from history. Static poetry. I include the Shanghai slaughter house from the 30s.

Until 9-11, no one paid much attention to  whether innovators and other contributors to American Society were Muslims, other that BLACK Muslims. So there have been a lot of  Pakistani, Bengali, Indian, Iranian, Lebanese, Turkish and Arabian people who were not known to be Muslims.

1 minute ago, king of the county said:

unfucking believable 

yes it is

Building its cities

30 minutes ago, MrKelly said:

yes it is

Building its cities

Cool.....one dude.

The use of triangular framing is nothing new. It's long been known the triangle is the strongest structural frame ( also the circle ). Kahn's framing ( the Hancock Building ) is simply visible. The Flat Iron Building, itself is a triangle; and it's been around a loooooooooooooong time. See the source image

22 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

oh  and  this

Obama-Farrakhan.jpg

Reverse racism is still racism. 

1 minute ago, AnotherJim said:

The use of triangular framing is nothing new. It's long been known the triangle is the strongest structural frame ( also the circle ). Kahn's framing ( the Hancock Building ) is simply visible. The Flat Iron Building, itself is a triangle; and it's been around a loooooooooooooong time. See the source image

It's like saying Ford invented the wheel.

13 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Cool.....one dude.

Exactly

libs have told me that Muslims built America, and other libs have told me that slaves built America, which is it?

@Pastafarian

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

Exactly

libs have told me that Muslims built America, and other libs have told me that slaves built America, which is it?

@Pastafarian

Actually smart people know that no single group built this country. This is a very diverse country and many different people built it, and not necessarily groups, either.