Jump to content
Nexus

The proposed 3 trillion dollar Relief Bill

Recommended Posts

Any thoughts on it? Is it good or does it not go far enough? Is there any chance of it making it past the Senate and Trump without being gutted into what amounts to Corporate welfare set up that ingore the Post office's issue and Mail in balloting support? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Any thoughts on it? Is it good or does it not go far enough? Is there any chance of it making it past the Senate and Trump without being gutted into what amounts to Corporate welfare set up that ingore the Post office's issue and Mail in balloting support? 

 

I think it goes far enough for sure. 

 

But it is never going to pass the Senate and Trump. 

 

It might not even pass the house, I just read in the NYT that moderate Democrats are joining republicans in shutting down the bill since they deem it to "costly". 

 

But it is okay to give 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut to the rich? 

 

These people are the biggest hypocrites ever. How can people still believe the garbage that comes out of there mouths? 

 

For once the people in Washington are trying to make the lives of all Americans easier and the Moderate Democrats and Republicans are shutting down this aspiration. 

 

Quote from the article: 

 

"The new stimulus measure includes nearly $1 trillion for state, local and tribal governments and another round of $1,200 direct payments to many Americans. A handful of Democrats in conservative-leaning districts announced they would join Republicans in opposing the measure, calling it overly costly."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it passed the House. I guess we see if the Grim Reaper even allows it to see the light of day in the Senate. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Well, it passed the House. I guess we see if the Grim Reaper even allows it to see the light of day in the Senate. 

 

Let's hope so, but my hopes are not high. 

 

I sure hope he gets elected out of office in November, he is second worst only to Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OMGitzHIM said:

The national debt

 

Out damn spot.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly, Trump seemed allot more amiable to more personal payments (It was the aid to the post office that was his red line on this bill). My guess is he sees it as an opportunity to be connected with more government generosity. IOW, more signed checks and confirmation letters essentially buying votes on the Federal dime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 4:31 AM, Nexus said:

Suddenly, Trump seemed allot more amiable to more personal payments (It was the aid to the post office that was his red line on this bill).

He's been trying to put the screws to the post office for a while now, sadly.

 

On 5/16/2020 at 4:31 AM, Nexus said:

My guess is he sees it as an opportunity to be connected with more government generosity. IOW, more signed checks and confirmation letters essentially buying votes on the Federal dime. 

That sounds about right.  Trump never does anything because it's the right thing to do.  He does things because they could benefit him politically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RollingRock said:

He's been trying to put the screws to the post office for a while now, sadly.

 

That sounds about right.  Trump never does anything because it's the right thing to do.  He does things because they could benefit him politically.

 

Yeah, when people talk about the 'Trump agenda', I have to shake my head a little. Trump's agenda is Trump, his enrichment, aggrandizement and grievances. he is completely willing even eager to promote and court the most reprehensible elements of US society, the most base and divisive aspects of human nature to get what he wants though there is little doubt he shares some of their feelings (as much he feels anything). Yet as Howard Stern said, he despises his followers, seeing them as tool to use and discard as he see fits. They're Losers and there is nothing more Trump hates than a Loser or someone doing better than him doing well, which paints him as a Loser. That's his view in life, winners and losers and Trump must be or be seen as a winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nexus said:

 

Yeah, when people talk about the 'Trump agenda', I have to shake my head a little. Trump's agenda is Trump, his enrichment, aggrandizement and grievances. he is completely willing even eager to promote and court the most reprehensible elements of US society, the most base and divisive aspects of human nature to get what he wants though there is little doubt he shares some of their feelings (as much he feels anything). Yet as Howard Stern said, he despises his followers, seeing them as tool to use and discard as he see fits. They're Losers and there is nothing more Trump hates than a Loser or someone doing better than him doing well, which paints him as a Loser. That's his view in life, winners and losers and Trump must be or be seen as a winner. 

Deep down Trump knows that he's a loser and the more people he can berate to promote himself it gives him just a small degree of confidence to cling to till the next target appears.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, fourputt said:

Deep down Trump knows that he's a loser and the more people he can berate to promote himself it gives him just a small degree of confidence to cling to till the next target appears.

 

And he doesn't care who or what he destroys to get that tiny bit of confidence and assurance. People people keep expecting him to act like a regular person and be moved by the plight of others, but they death and suffering that stem from his mistakes and brash behavior and lies. He's not, period. People are, at best, tools and play things to this ID that walks like a Man, Listen to his speeches about people 'powering through the pandemic and being 'warriors'. The disturbing thing is how people echo and parrot his out look as if Trump's reflected glory shield them from consequences (like whatever Infernal bargain seems to shield Trump) or are as much of a sociopath himself. The surge in states 'reopening' even in light of already spiking cases. We don't need any foreign help to go over the precipice, a sizable lot of us are running towards and dragging the rest of us along for the ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The relief bill is 1,800 pages long???

 

I'd like somebody to tell me with a straight face that they've read that and understand what it means and how it will work.

 

I'm so sick of these charlatans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, splunch said:

The relief bill is 1,800 pages long???

 

I'd like somebody to tell me with a straight face that they've read that and understand what it means and how it will work.

 

I'm so sick of these charlatans.

 

Are you referring to the Democratic party? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nexus said:

 

Are you referring to the Democratic party? 

Just the whole process.  It's ridiculous to pass a bill and THEN send it out to be "scored" by other parties and then complain that it's going to cost billions afterward, so now we have to change it.  Gimme a break.  The lobbies get going and just add one thing after another until we end up with these bloated pieces of crap that nobody can understand and allow us to be exploited and dominated by lawyers in ways no honest person ever intended or expected.

 

Glass-Steagall was 37 pages long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, splunch said:

Just the whole process.  It's ridiculous to pass a bill and THEN send it out to be "scored" by other parties and then complain that it's going to cost billions afterward, so now we have to change it.  Gimme a break.  The lobbies get going and just add one thing after another until we end up with these bloated pieces of crap that nobody can understand and allow us to be exploited and dominated by lawyers in ways no honest person ever intended or expected.

 

Glass-Steagall was 37 pages long.

 

The whole process that is making a bill in Washington is one that is flawed and that needs to be changed. 

 

People spend countless hours and hours telling people what to put into a bill, and what they will get in return. 

 

It's sickening. 

 

We need a complete overhaul of how our government operates on a day to day basis. 

 

The people that we elect into office should be representing us not the people that can line their pockets the most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, Nexus said:

Any thoughts on it? Is it good or does it not go far enough? Is there any chance of it making it past the Senate and Trump without being gutted into what amounts to Corporate welfare set up that ingore the Post office's issue and Mail in balloting support? 

If the banks are involved in the dispersion of funds to small businesses then its another fail other than the $1200 stimulus for every adult and the UI benefits if that's part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 3:47 PM, Nexus said:

Any thoughts on it? Is it good or does it not go far enough? Is there any chance of it making it past the Senate and Trump without being gutted into what amounts to Corporate welfare set up that ingore the Post office's issue and Mail in balloting support? 

 

Without the defeat of Trump and McConnell, the wealth of the Nation will continue being shifted toward the top.  Republicans will continue to ostentatiously offer a pittance to ordinary people, as if it was a generous rescue package.  And they will use every crisis as an excuse to increase needless welfare for financial elites.  Until Trump and McConnell are ousted, the House of Representatives may be able to curb Republican malfeasance, to a degree.

 

In this time of COVID19, he only sane and rational voting procedure for November is universal, mail-in ballots.  The Post Office is probably the most American institutions there is.  It functions to the great benefit of Americans, in every state.  But, for ideological and political reasons, Trump and the Republicans want to replace it with private carriers, which will never deliver to areas that bring profit less than the almighty bottom line. 

 

The only thing that matter to Trump is his reelection and his grip on power.  He will destroy anything in the way.  Even the Post Office of the United States of America.

 

Quote

U.S. postal system established. On this day in 1775, the U.S. postal system is established by the Second Continental Congress, with Benjamin Franklin as its first postmaster general. ... In 1753, Benjamin Franklin, who had been postmaster of Philadelphia, became one of two joint postmasters general for the colonies.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...