Sign in to follow this  
Toldya

Armed Pro-Trump Militia Invades Michigan

5 hours ago, Toldya said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/police-will-have-no-entry-michigan-militia-vows-to-protect-barber-refusing-to-close-business

This is by far the most frightening thing I have seen during this pandemic, and that includes disappearing journalists in China.

Gangs of men with guns are now invading Michigan to enforce anti-quarantine policies, blocking the police from arresting people who could potentially spread COVID. Trump is doing NOTHING to stop it, and I am almost positive he supports it. I have a feeling we will see more of these groups in the leadup to November... engaging in voter intimidation, and if that doesn't work, rebellion. They are being egged on by the pro-Trump right wing media and its conspiracies and racism and hate and lies, and Trump has assumed control of the courts and the Flynn decision has exposed the DOJ as an absolute sham.

Honestly, I think everyone on this board should consider their next move and have a potential escape plan if things go really badly in November. Yeah, it's alarmist... but new Covid outbreaks in Korea and China have shown that this crisis isn't going to be over before November and you all remember how ugly the last election was, and what Trump and the GOP are-- a fascist death cult that has no sense of logic or reason and is primarily driven by religion, cruelty, hatred and racism.

If Trump wins again, he will do everything he can to make his insane delusions real, and inflict as much cruelty on as many people as he possibly can... that seems to be what this Flynn/DOJ thing is all about-- making the conspiracy theories real, punishing people who don't submit, protecting his allies, getting revenge on anyone who dares to defy him. He's not a healthy person... and it's all escalating.

This is my home state and were I currently live. 

It's sad that people are doing this. 

I understand people are getting stir-crazy because of this pandemic but this does not mean we need defy police orders. 

This is a bad representation of the people here in Michigan, most of us are following the rules and flattening the curve. 

Unlike these assholes.  

I believe things are escalating towards an armed revolt which brings the police and national guard into a conflict with these people. There will be plenty of carnage mostly for the protesters which will enrage lots of their supporters but I doubt others will attempt to escalate things by fear of retaliation on themselves, unfortunately this is what these idiots only understand.

• Downvote 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

On Wednesday in Lansing, Michigan, a protest put together by two Republican-connected not-for-profits was explicitly devised to cause gridlock in the city, and for a time blocked the entrance to a local hospital.

It was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, which Michigan state corporate filings show has also operated under the name of Michigan Trump Republicans. It was also heavily promoted by the Michigan Freedom Fund, a group linked to the Trump cabinet member Betsy DeVos.

This is extremely disturbing.

Betsy DeVos, whose brother runs a large group of mercenaries who have done dirty work for both the Bush administration in Iraq (where his soldiers ran an underage sex trafficking ring) and China in Africa (doing god knows what), is helping to bring together various militant, radical right wing groups.

It seems so obvious why Trump was keeping Erik Prince so close-- it wasn't just to support him on conspiracy talk shows, he is looking to keep his own paramilitary outfit on hand in case the election goes badly. I wonder if they're receiving funding from Russia via the NRA as well?

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, bludog said:

The new Republican movement truly has gone from a Cult of Ignorance, to a Vote Against Your Own Best Interests cult to a Death Cult under the guidance of Donald Trump

These Trump years are becoming reminiscent of Nazi Germany of 1934.  Hitler consolidated his power by merging the offices and powers of the Chancellery and Presidency.  Similarly, Trump is in now trying hard to seize all power for himself.  Under Trump's influence, the Republican Party will do everything they can get away with, to steal the upcoming election.

It's unbelievable. All the red flags are there, no pun intended. People continue to worship this idiot. We can only hope the thinkers of this country can find a way to eventually put an end to this madness

• Upvote 1

@zkyllonen8 -  Can you get rid of this Con   ↥   ↥   ↥  and hide his posts?

On 5/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, Toldya said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/police-will-have-no-entry-michigan-militia-vows-to-protect-barber-refusing-to-close-business

This is by far the most frightening thing I have seen during this pandemic, and that includes disappearing journalists in China.

Gangs of men with guns are now invading Michigan to enforce anti-quarantine policies, blocking the police from arresting people who could potentially spread COVID. Trump is doing NOTHING to stop it, and I am almost positive he supports it. I have a feeling we will see more of these groups in the leadup to November... engaging in voter intimidation, and if that doesn't work, rebellion. They are being egged on by the pro-Trump right wing media and its conspiracies and racism and hate and lies, and Trump has assumed control of the courts and the Flynn decision has exposed the DOJ as an absolute sham.

Honestly, I think everyone on this board should consider their next move and have a potential escape plan if things go really badly in November. Yeah, it's alarmist... but new Covid outbreaks in Korea and China have shown that this crisis isn't going to be over before November and you all remember how ugly the last election was, and what Trump and the GOP are-- a fascist death cult that has no sense of logic or reason and is primarily driven by religion, cruelty, hatred and racism.

If Trump wins again, he will do everything he can to make his insane delusions real, and inflict as much cruelty on as many people as he possibly can... that seems to be what this Flynn/DOJ thing is all about-- making the conspiracy theories real, punishing people who don't submit, protecting his allies, getting revenge on anyone who dares to defy him. He's not a healthy person... and it's all escalating.

II have to wonder if the reactions would be so stoic if dozens of almost uniformly black crowds showed up at the state capital with assault rifles to 'protest'. 

15 hours ago, Nexus said:

II have to wonder if the reactions would be so stoic if dozens of almost uniformly black crowds showed up at the state capital with assault rifles to 'protest'. 

I do not have to wonder.  Clearly this would be an example of how the black "culture" is defective and they are "defiant" and/or "disrepectful" to law enforcement officers.  Without any question this would inspire racist screeds of "I told you the darkies were no good" up and down this board and across the country.

• Upvote 1

We have entered a time when people fantasize that if conflict arises, they'll be like Rambo, strut through it all talking tough and kicking ass, and in the end the evil bad guys will be vanquished.

The part where inhuman criminal behavior dominates the landscape, and innocents are raped and tortured and killed in numbers that far out-pace the "soldiers" killed, infrastructure is destroyed, vital services critically disrupted, and everything pretty much turns to sh!t...just somehow seems to not be much on their minds as they ramp up to these things.

How many wars have started with both sides thinking they'd have a quick and easy victory?  Even Hitler's "quick and easy victory" was pretty temporary, ended in the destruction of his entire country and everything he tried to build in just a few years.  

Who among us would prefer to be walking the bombed out streets of Berlin circa 1945 than doing what they're doing right now?  The people who are pushing that, who are stirring that up, are NOT our friends.

We have a pretty good history to lean on here in America.  Sometimes people get a little out of hand, sometimes tempers flare, but we dial it back before it all falls apart.  I cannot imagine this gaggle of poser douchebags with their camo is going to really want to go to the mattresses with the National Guard if push comes to shove.  And if they keep pushing, it will come to that, they'll get beaten down, and arrested.  And eventually one of those clashes will get ugly enough that everybody will snap out of it and realize, "Maybe we don't want to turn America into a hellscape after all..."