Andrew33

If living in texas or being in the military was so great, why then is this true?

The military was a good thing for me to do at the time. I didn't leave a thing in Texas I need to go back for..

1 hour ago, TBHWT said:

The military teaches one how to be a man. They should bring back the draft. Way to many snowflakes in todays America.

We can see that it didn't make you smart. You are in intolerant dimwitted bigot.

One could carve a better man out of a banana.

1 hour ago, TBHWT said:

They should bring back the draft.

I agree. A citizen soldiery is insurance against a military coup.

9 minutes ago, slideman said:

The reason to have a military is to defend the country. Weapons today require more intellect than the average HS education provides. I can see a need for some sort of national service that would include the military, but we do not need a huge military of people that cannot use the modern weapons we use today.

20 minutes ago, slideman said:

Not only that, it would keep punks off the streets and give some regimental stability in their lives and teach them some of the responsibilities in life.

12 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The reason to have a military is to defend the country. Weapons today require more intellect than the average HS education provides. I can see a need for some sort of national service that would include the military, but we do not need a huge military of people that cannot use the modern weapons we use today.

ASSHOLE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

ASSHOLE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, tell me what you actually disagree with, you illiterate hicktown yokel.

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Yeah, tell me what you actually disagree with, you illiterate hicktown yokel.

Get LOST asshole!!!!

4 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

Get LOST asshole!!!!

You got NOTHING, you pathetic  bigoted hayseed!

No one ever gets lost when you post this. All you do here is spew ignorance and hatred.

3 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

That would have been expensive, unproductive and stupid. They had more men on the faculty than women. I belong to no minority group.

A complaint with the EEO would have been without charge and put the place on notice that it is possibly in violation of the law. 

2 hours ago, TBHWT said:

The military teaches one how to be a man. They should bring back the draft. Way to many snowflakes in todays America.

Bring back the draft?  

Well, while your son is forcibly  in the army for 4 years, someone else's daughter is in college for that time period.  When they both apply for a job who is going to get it?  The one who mopped floors for those years or the one with a degree and at least 3 years of summer internship?  

The draft will only make the poor poorer and make the rich richer.  

Therefore, not a good idea. 

1 minute ago, manhattantransfer said:

A complaint with the EEO would have been without charge and put the place on notice that it is possibly in violation of the law. 

I avoid conflict and pick my battles, and the thought never occurred to me to pick this one.

A Board of Directors of a Texas college hired a Hispanic woman who was a local native of the county named Ramirez to teach Spanish in Uvalde Texas on a faculty that was 80% male and 90% Anglo, and who am I? An Anglo from Missouri with an English surname and a MA and PhD from Mexico.

All I wanted was a job. I also applied to the University of Nova Scotia in Halifax, Canada and they wrote me that I had the best qualifications but Provincial law said they had to give preference to a Canadian.

My situation was that I was a member of no minority with a Summa Cum Laude PhD from a Mexican university and the law said that members of minority groups  (in this case, Hispanics) were to be given preference. So a Costa Rican or Peruvian named González who was a resident, not a citizen, would be chosen before me, to make up for the mistreatment of Puerto Ricans and Mexican Americans before the EEOC was formed.

1 minute ago, tunafish said:

Bush is also from Texas, opened the borders, and refused to prosecute those who hired illegals.  He even tried to give them unconditional amnesty! He started 2 wars under false pretenses thereby committing treason and killing our troops.  Naughty bassturd wasn't he?

2 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Nah, you lose, Willie wins. He ALWAYS wins. He has been around longer than you, and he can sing. You are a simple dipstick.

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I avoid conflict and pick my battles, and the thought never occurred to me to pick this one.

A Board of Directors of a Texas college hired a Hispanic woman who was a local native of the county named Ramirez to teach Spanish in Uvalde Texas on a faculty that was 80% male and 90% Anglo, and who am I? An Anglo from Missouri with an English surname and a MA and PhD from Mexico.

All I wanted was a job. I also applied to the University of Nova Scotia in Halifax, Canada and they wrote me that I had the best qualifications but Provincial law said they had to give preference to a Canadian.

My situation was that I was a member of no minority with a Summa Cum Laude PhD from a Mexican university and the law said that members of minority groups  (in this case, Hispanics) were to be given preference. So a Costa Rican or Peruvian named González who was a resident, not a citizen, would be chosen before me, to make up for the mistreatment of Puerto Ricans and Mexican Americans before the EEOC was formed.

I am Puerto Rican born and have 2 college degrees (one being a doctorate in law) but never found any use for either degree.  In fact I had to sweep floors and wash toilets in order to make a livelihood.  Now retired on Social Security and SNAP while residing in public housing.  Life sure can be the shttts so I know where you're coming from.  

Just now, manhattantransfer said:

I am Puerto Rican born and have 2 college degrees (one being a doctorate in law) but never found any use for either degree.  In fact I had to sweep floors and wash toilets in order to make a livelihood.  Now retired on Social Security and SNAP while residing in public housing.  Life sure can be the shttts so I know where you're coming from.  

I found a job in a HBCU that had a hugely diverse faculty and taught there for 32 years. The pay was low and the administration occasionally mildly annoying, but I am not complaining. When I started college, there was a huge shortage of language teachers. Then Cubans started coming in and getting degrees in Spanish, and being Hispanic, they all got preference over me.

¿Pa' que te cuento? Es la Ley de Herodes, te  chingas o te jodes.

I figured out how to save my money, invest it and get along.  I never considered suing anyone. Life is unfair, as Jimmy Carter said.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

We can see that it didn't make you smart. You are in intolerant dimwitted bigot.

One could carve a better man out of a banana.

and yet calls other people bigots^^^^

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Life is unfair, as Jimmy Carter said.

Actually, that was JFK.  And he knew it better than anyone, sad to say.

6 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

YOu have no idea what an oxymoron is...moron.

bullshit.  you're an unadulterated hack.  You got no argument so you start spewing nonsense.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, manhattantransfer said:

Bring back the draft?  

Well, while your son is forcibly  in the army for 4 years, someone else's daughter is in college for that time period.  When they both apply for a job who is going to get it?  The one who mopped floors for those years or the one with a degree and at least 3 years of summer internship?  

The draft will only make the poor poorer and make the rich richer.  

Therefore, not a good idea. 

That's just your opinion.

2 hours ago, solarcell said:

bullshit.  you're an unadulterated hack.  You got no argument so you start spewing nonsense.

All he ever does is criticize, he's got nothing.

4 hours ago, isidewithweinstein said:

and yet calls other people bigots^^^^

Read the crap this imbecile posts. He IS a bigot. And not a smart one.

6 hours ago, manhattantransfer said:

Bush is also from Texas, opened the borders, and refused to prosecute those who hired illegals.  He even tried to give them unconditional amnesty! He started 2 wars under false pretenses thereby committing treason and killing our troops.  Naughty bassturd wasn't he?

Correct, and I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TBHWT said:

That's just your opinion.

Veterans disportionately homeless among general populace:

it is estimated that over 40,000 U.S. veterans are currently experiencing homelessness, which represents a disproportionate segment of the total homeless population in the United States.

https://dworakpeck.usc.edu/news/why-do-veterans-become-homeless

Minorities make up an even bigger segment:

• 43.2 percent of veterans experiencing homelessness are people of color, compared with 18.4 percent of the general veteran population.
  • 33.1 percent of veterans experiencing homelessness are African American, compared with 12.3 percent of the general veteran population

https://endhomelessness.org/resource/people-color-make-much-larger-share-homeless-veteran-population-general-veteran-population/

I have not been on this forum for very long.  But if you have read my posts you should know by now that I back everything I say with concrete proof.  If this was merely my opinion I would say so and post the grounds for rendering such an opinion.  

You still sure you want that draft again?  How many lives, and the well being of others,  are you willing to sacrifice in order to have your draft?