Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Let's talk a bit about the site going forward.

9 minutes ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

Nope, not at all.  the stress is getting a bit better finally after one month, my mechanic decides he can actually try and fix my car. broken down for 6 weeks. why? sob was scared of a virus! puzzy men LOL

It's the same poster making another account and trying to pretend they are someone else.

Cannon probably has a thousand of them.  lol

2 minutes ago, Annoyed Liberall said:

It's the same poster making another account and trying to pretend they are someone else.

Cannon probably has a thousand of them.  lol

3 minutes ago, Annoyed Liberall said:

I like it.

I will be going back and forth between this forum and the other.

Good job kfools.

hey Pm al

26 minutes ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

Nope, not at all.  the stress is getting a bit better finally after one month, my mechanic decides he can actually try and fix my car. broken down for 6 weeks. why? sob was scared of a virus! puzzy men LOL

Yeah, that one's hard for me to agree with, and I'm an "at risk" person.

How long does a virus live on an engine?

21 minutes ago, Annoyed Liberall said:

I like it.

I will be going back and forth between this forum and the other.

Good job kfools.

Stay here. Cannon is a latent homosexual. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

Yeah, that one's hard for me to agree with, and I'm an "at risk" person.

How long does a virus live on an engine?

No it's not the engine?   I don't think it is? I have an 05 chevy Impala. Notorious for a cluster _f under he dash? All the gadgets go haywire?  ok follow me chuck.  It did this before. It shows its over heating to 260?  FAST? So I have this car? I'm a dumb woman, and the car is showing this on the gage? wtf? hot hot? no steam, nothing.  But being a totally DUMB woman? How do I KNOW? seriously?  What IF it is a water pump, a head gasket? I've been there before. Oh YEA?  I have blown my shares of motors as a youngster? usually when a water pump lets go, you don't go to far? am I right? we'll see what happens. Puzzy mechanic? Makes my car sit there for weeks. No he's skeered of the dash? And if it wasn't a weird thing. Like maybe a simple thing, I would have had the thing  down to another mechanic.  like a brake job? but this is not a caliper break job. We'll see if I'm right. very curious. time will tell.? i will report back in. will be interesting. WTF WTF?

7 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I only want alpha males. Manly men. Beards , trucks , guns. Oh yeahhhhj

I’ve got a beard since working from home but now back in the office for one week.  I’ve got a truck I’ve got guns. Yeahhhh let’s get together!

If your water pump goes out, the water flows out until there is so little water left that the car overheats and you see lots and lots of STEAM. Steam is what water becomes when it is really really hot. (I did not have to look that up: I have had many a water pump go out on me.)

When you see steam come out of an engine, turn it off, let it cool down for 30-45 minutes and add water. If you see it is steaming, try to ascertain where the steam is coming from. If it is near the pulleys, it is likely a water pump. If it is along the top of  the engine, it is likely a gasket. Also check water hoses, the radiator and the heater.

DO NOT open the radiator cap immediately, you may get scalded. when you do remove the cap, throw a towel over it.

4 hours ago, kfools said:

I wanted to give members a site update using some numbers so you can all see where we are at. I watch the numbers of this site very closely. 

So here is where we are.

May will beat April in new registrations. You clearly see what has happened to this site since I took over.  

There are other analytics I can show you like the uptick in traffic but to give you all a state of the union we are doing great. Almost none of these accounts were created by .net members as many of them already had account, so I ruled most of them out as the reason for the uptick. Guest accounts are 4 times higher than where they were three months ago. 

In short....we are killing it. 

Mods are doing a good job. 

Going forward we will be doing member exchanges with other forums. I will be placing the links so our members can go check out other cool content and they can come here for the same purposes. I will flesh this out over the weekend and let you all know more.

Good day. 

Pic of numbers.jpg

The least you could do, would be thanking me for all I did to make this site this successful !

20 hours ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

No it's not the engine?   I don't think it is? I have an 05 chevy Impala. Notorious for a cluster _f under he dash? All the gadgets go haywire?  ok follow me chuck.  It did this before. It shows its over heating to 260?  FAST? So I have this car? I'm a dumb woman, and the car is showing this on the gage? wtf? hot hot? no steam, nothing.  But being a totally DUMB woman? How do I KNOW? seriously?  What IF it is a water pump, a head gasket? I've been there before. Oh YEA?  I have blown my shares of motors as a youngster? usually when a water pump lets go, you don't go to far? am I right? we'll see what happens. Puzzy mechanic? Makes my car sit there for weeks. No he's skeered of the dash? And if it wasn't a weird thing. Like maybe a simple thing, I would have had the thing  down to another mechanic.  like a brake job? but this is not a caliper break job. We'll see if I'm right. very curious. time will tell.? i will report back in. will be interesting. WTF WTF?

Does the heater work?
If the heater works it has water.
If the water slow leaks out in the winter it might very well run while dry without over heating unless it sits still in traffic or something, but the heater won't work.
If it runs, the heater works, and it shows hot, that's easy to check with a laser like this for about $25 ~ $30 at hardware stores.

So, first thing, does it have water?
Second thing, is it really over heating?

You can check both of these yourself

20 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

If you see it is steaming, try to ascertain where the steam is coming from.

Horrible advice. Open the hood when stream is present and you might need a new face, especially if you go sticking your face down there.

Steam can indicate extreme pressure, more than the components were to designed to withstand. I have seen more than one overheated engine give a loud POOF and expel all the steam in one gush, right where XO's face would've been.

Don't be like XO. Be smart. Wait until the stream dissipates before getting near the engine.

20 hours ago, SootedUpCyndi said:

It shows its over heating to 260?  FAST? So I have this car? I'm a dumb woman, and the car is showing this on the gage? wtf? hot hot? no steam, nothing.

If the coolant is low/gone, it will overheat FAST with no steam. No liquid = no steam.

See this happened before. last sept. the gage started going up to 260. It was the whole dash. They pulled that out, sent it off to get fixed. Put it back in. and it was ok.   I don't think the car is overheating. No steam, seems to be no leaks.  No heater, That's what's different this time.  Does it have water?  This I'm not sure. I cant see the add line on the overflow on this car.  I cant find it.  looks low.   Do you think I ought to mix up some antifreeze and dump some in??  see I cant remember.  Should  that plastic thing under the hood have some in there COLD?  I cant remember. I used to know this stuff.  dump some in, To get it to the mechanic?  It's scary because when I was a youngster, I blew a few engines. :huh: