Who is going to be on the Ticket with Joe?

zkyllonen8

8 hours ago, SpyCar said:

I think Warren is an extremely unlikely pick. Bad-blood with the far-leftist Bernie crowd (ūüźć¬†ūüźć¬†¬†ūüźć¬†¬†ūüźć¬†¬†ūüźć) and I don't think she'd help win swing states. Not a great coalition builder (critical for a president-of-the-Senate) and no history of a warm relationship with Biden.¬†

Bill 

There is no "bad blood" with a majority of Bernie supporters.   Most of us love Liz Warren and think she'd make a great pick.

12 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Am I the only one who remembers that Elizabeth Warren was viciously attacked by Bernie supporters after she revealed his sexist comment to her that a woman could not win in 2020?

That was not a 'vicious attack'. It was more like an impolite opinion. I would have been DELIGHTED for Warren to have gotten the nomination. I suspect that had she been a man, that would have been more likely.

Bernie did not say this in public, and I doubt that it caused anyone to change a single vote.

It is undeniable that women have been disadvantaged in presidential politics forever.

• Upvote 2

As I've said before, I like Amy Klobuchar, despite disagreeing with her on some issues.  She seems genuine and she would definitely grab the Midwestern vote. However she may have a problem:

Some African-American leaders and activists said a black woman on the ticket would help demonstrate to black voters, a crucial component of the Democratic base, that Biden is committed to addressing issues like criminal justice reform and police misconduct.

Klobuchar, a white moderate like Biden, previously served as the top prosecutor for the Minnesota county that includes Minneapolis, where Floyd died on Monday after a white officer knelt on his neck for several minutes as Floyd, who was also handcuffed, gasped that he could not breathe. Some black advocates said on Friday that Klobuchar’s record on police misconduct was disqualifying.

‚ÄúAmy Klobuchar is an absolute no-go,‚ÄĚ said Keith Williams, chairman of the Democratic Party Black Caucus in Michigan, a battleground state Biden hopes to win back after Trump‚Äôs 2016 victory there. ‚ÄúA black woman would give him an instant boost.‚ÄĚ

Representative James Clyburn, the third-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives, told reporters that while he respected the senator and thought she was qualified, ‚ÄúThis is very tough timing for Amy Klobuchar.‚ÄĚ

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/biden-urged-to-pick-black-vp-not-klobuchar-as-minneapolis-killing-stokes-racial-tensions-idUSKBN23539J

While serving as Minnesota's AG, she apparently declined to prosecute the "man" (and I use that term loosely) charged with killing 46 year old Geroge Floyd in a different police brutality case.   From all I've read, Klobuchar had been elected to the Senate and had passed on her duties to her successor.  Others say she could still have intervened and pressed charges.  This is making some noise in Minnesota.  Thoughts?

3 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

That was not a 'vicious attack'. It was more like an impolite opinion. I would have been DELIGHTED for Warren to have gotten the nomination. I suspect that had she been a man, that would have been more likely.

Bernie did not say this in public, and I doubt that it caused anyone to change a single vote.

It is undeniable that women have been disadvantaged in presidential politics forever.

Are you kidding? Warren was called ‚Äúa snake‚ÄĚ along with the snake emojis for exposing Sanders sexism.

Sanders made his comments in private‚ÄĒand then denied it, if Warren is to be believed.

There is a deep culture of misogyny and sexism in the Sanders camp. Never in the history of American politics have female campaign workers felt compelled to organize  against their candidate in order to protect themselves from rampant sexual harassment and gender-based pay inequality, but that’s precisely what happened with the Sanders campaign.

To add insult to these women‚Äôs struggles to overcome his campaign‚Äôs disgusting sexist conduct, Sanders attempted to spin¬†the demands for union ¬†protection of female staffers from abuse as some sort of ‚Äúpr-union‚ÄĚ activism on his part. Shameless hypocracy.

At look how the Bernie Bros turned on Warren when she spoke her truth. Egad.

Bill

3 hours ago, RollingRock said:

There is no "bad blood" with a majority of Bernie supporters.   Most of us love Liz Warren and think she'd make a great pick.

Warren is being actively slammed by a significant portion of your ‚Äúmovement‚ÄĚ for backing way from MFA and embracing a public option. She is being painted as a ‚Äútraitor.‚ÄĚ

You have some serious problems on the extreme left. 

Bill

35 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Warren is being actively slammed by a significant portion of your ‚Äúmovement‚ÄĚ for backing way from MFA and embracing a public option. She is being painted as a ‚Äútraitor.‚ÄĚ

Those who "slammed" Warren were a FEW members of Bernie's movement, not a "significant portion" of the tens of millions of voters who have supported Senator Sanders.  I disagree with them.  Liz Warren is NOT a "snake" or a "traitor."  It's a complicated issue.    

You have some serious problems on the extreme left. 

Bill

I don't have any problems.  I support sensible alternatives to Medicare-for-All as well.    However I do maintain that as long as commercial insurance companies remain involved in our healthcare coverage, affordable healthcare will never become a reality.  Insurance companies make sure that they win, always.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Those who "slammed" Warren were a FEW members of Bernie's movement, not a "significant portion" of the tens of millions of voters who have supported Senator Sanders.  I disagree with them.  Liz Warren is NOT a "snake" or a "traitor."  It's a complicated issue.    

I don't have any problems.  I support sensible alternatives to Medicare-for-All as well.    However I do maintain that as long as commercial insurance companies remain involved in our healthcare coverage, affordable healthcare will never become a reality.  Insurance companies make sure that they win, always.

Nonsense, this shit is coming from the top members of Sanders' campaign. Not some small minority, but the folks at the very top. Snake and traitor are some of the cleaner charges being thrown Warren's way. She has been blamed for spoiling Sanders' chances and there is a special brand of hate that's being visited upon her.

Are you unaware of what's going on in Bernie World? I'm not.

Bill

20 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Nonsense, this shit is coming from the top members of Sanders' campaign.

No, it's not.  Warren has lost support with some of Bernie' supporters, but certainly not all.    Please present your proof that this is coming "from the top members of Sanders campaign."  Source? 

Are you unaware of what's going on in Bernie World? I'm not.

Bill

You seem to be getting a lot of inaccurate information.

Bernie is working with Joe Biden to help win over most of his supporters.  We should focus on the good things that are going on, because there's a lot of effort going on here.

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are building new, policy-focused task forces

How Joe Biden is working to win over progressive voters

This is good stuff!  :)   THIS is what we should all be focusing on.....working together to beat Trump. 

• Upvote 1

200409_Sanders-Biden-Coalition_fullwidth200408_Sanders-Biden-Trump-Approval_full

As seen from above the majority of Sanders supporters have a favorable view of Joe. 

We need to work together and bridge the divide that was started in 2016.

Without the cooperation and teamwork of all factions of the Democratic party this election will be way harder to win.

We cannot stomach another 4 years of Trump.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

No, it's not.  Warren has lost support with some of Bernie' supporters, but certainly not all.    Please present your proof that this is coming "from the top members of Sanders campaign."  Source? 

You seem to be getting a lot of inaccurate information.

Bernie is working with Joe Biden to help win over most of his supporters.  We should focus on the good things that are going on, because there's a lot of effort going on here.

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are building new, policy-focused task forces

How Joe Biden is working to win over progressive voters

This is good stuff!  :)   THIS is what we should all be focusing on.....working together to beat Trump. 

LOL. Just yesterday, in a Twitter-storm that includes comments like: 

That @SenWarren

cozies up to the incompetent and corrupt #HillaryClinton, a criminal traitor, tells me everything at this point...I will NEVER support a #Clinton or a #Clinton stooge. 

We'll NEVER forget how she back-stabbed Sanders ~ Ramifications ..... #BidenWarren KMA!!

That eliminates #NeverWarren @SenWarren

who stole [Bernie's] opportunity its her time to give it back! And a few others!

She voted for republicans until she was 50 years old. She was OK her entire adult life with their open racism and sexism. She was never part of the fight. #NeverWarren

#LyinLiz and #LyinBiden make a great team. BOTH are pathological LIARs steeped in #CORRUPTION

Snake Snake SnakeSnake

Warren is a phony progressive and liar. She helped destroy Bernies campaign. She cares about herself and power and has HILLARY on speed dial! #BidenIsARacist #BidenDropOut #NeverWarren #NeverVoteLesserOfTwoEvils #BernieOrGreen #ProtestVote

The political dirty-trickster David Sirota, who BS unbelievably bought on to head up the campaign--said this:

This is embarrassing and depressing ‚ÄĒ one of the few really good senators just continues to publicly abandon previously stated principles. Where is the old Elizabeth Warren, the one that made her Elizabeth Warren? Where did that person go?¬†

Meanwhile there is a move to run Sanders' press secretary, Briahna "Brie Brie" Joy Gray, a far-left political extremist and proud Jill Stein voter--against Elizabeth Warren for the Senate.

You don't seem to know what's going on within your own "movement."

Warren is being cast as the devil within Bernie World.

Bill

Meanwhile, Nina Turner--who never fails to attack Warren as a former Republican and while posting a meme that says "You can't change a corrupt system by taking its money" (quoting BS) hypocritically attacks Warren for taking Super PAC money, while she helps run Sanders illegal Super Pac, Our Revolution.

Oh the hypocrisy of Sanders' leadership team!  

No, Elizabeth Warren ‚Ästtaking Super Pac money is not girl power

The long-knives are out for Warren in Bernie's camp.

Bill

Nina's speech is more intelligible (but no less hateful) on this propaganda outlet's video. Starts about 6 minutes in.

With friends like Bernie's team, who needs enemies?

11 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Nah, a good liberal like Klobuchar would win us the White House. 

The far-left got us Donald J Trump.

We won't forget the perfidy. 

Bill

Nope, your moderate left Clinton/Kaine ticket lost to Donald Trump.  Just as John Kerry lost to George W. Bush.  Obama ran more liberal, but then went back to being more moderate sadly.  Which also contributed to Trump's victory.  But the far-left did not get you anything.  You've only got yourselves to blame.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

LOL. Just yesterday, in a Twitter-storm that includes comments like: 

And that is what percentage of his Bernie's tens of millions of supporters?   You seem to be focusing on the negative (which is a small number of supporters) here.   Most Bernie supporters love and support Liz Warren.  You can always find negative factions in any campaign (if you take the time to search for it).  

Meanwhile there is a move to run Sanders' press secretary, Briahna "Brie Brie" Joy Gray, a far-left political extremist and proud Jill Stein voter--against Elizabeth Warren for the Senate.

Brie's free to run for the Senate.    She'll never beat Liz Warren, though.  She's wasting her time.

You don't seem to know what's going on within your own "movement."

I try to focus on the positive and ignore the divisive and more negative factions.   One can find good (or bad), if they look for it.

Warren is being cast as the devil within Bernie World.

Bill

Only by some of Bernie's more vocal and idealistic supporters.  Most Bernie supporters love Liz Warren.

10 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Is Nina Turner being considered as Joe Biden's running mate?  I'm guessing no.

If not, let's get this thread back on topic. 

Do think Amy Klobuchar is still the front-runner, considering the recent news in Minnesota?  

1 hour ago, RollingRock said:

And that is what percentage of his Bernie's tens of millions of supporters?   You seem to be focusing on the negative (which is a small) here.   Most Bernie supporters love and support Liz Warren.  You can always find negative factions in any campaign (if you take the time to search for it).  

Brie's free to run for the Senate.    She'll never beat Liz Warren, though.  She's wasting her time.

I try to focus on the positive and ignore the divisive and more negative factions.   One can find good (or bad), if they look for it.

Only by some of Bernie's more vocal and idealistic supporters.  Most Bernie supporters love Liz Warren.

Negative fractions? LOL. It is the top of Sanders' leadership team that is stoking the hate. Are you being serious?

One need not "search," as this is a steady stream of Warren-hate. Don't stick you head in the sand.

There is more vitriol in Bernie World for Warren than there is for Joe Biden--by far. She is seen as the person who prevented his win, which is not entirely incorrect.

Bill 

Interesting article:

Minneapolis unrest shakes up VP shortlist

Law enforcement credentials once offered an appealing and protective sheen to a handful of the top prospects in contention to be Joe Biden’s potential running mate.

But three of those candidates ‚ÄĒ Sen. Kamala Harris, Rep. Val Demings and, most notably, Sen. Amy Klobuchar ‚ÄĒ now find their records under new scrutiny in a presidential race transformed in the wake of national outrage surrounding Monday‚Äės death of George Floyd under the knee of a white Minneapolis police officer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Is Nina Turner being considered as Joe Biden's running mate?  I'm guessing no.

If not, let's get this thread back on topic. 

Do think Amy Klobuchar is still the front-runner, considering the recent news in Minnesota?  

No she's one of the Sanders campaign insiders who perpetually attacks Warren. You asked for "evidence," but now blow it off.

Ignoring reality is a bad path forward. 

I do think Amy is the leading contender for the VP slot. I'll vote for the ticket with enthusiasm regardless of who is Biden's pick.

Bill

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

I do think Amy is the leading contender for the VP slot. I'll vote for the ticket with enthusiasm regardless of who is Biden's pick.

Bill

You don't think the case in Minneapolis will change anything?  Imo, it shouldn't change anything....but it could.  Amy Klobuchar has been on all the news shows this weekend, which isn't typical.  She'd already been sworn in as Senator when this crooked cop's previous case came up.  

41 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

You don't think the case in Minneapolis will change anything?  Imo, it shouldn't change anything....but it could.  Amy Klobuchar has been on all the news shows this weekend, which isn't typical.  She'd already been sworn in as Senator when this crooked cop's previous case came up.  

Klobuchar is being attacked by the same extremists who also attack Elizabeth Warren. There is no satisfying the extreme-left (unless the will of the people is set aside and BS is made the nominee).

Klobuchar is being blamed for a lack-of-prosecution in a case she had nothing to do with.

That's not stopping the usual suspects on the anti-liberal left who seem to wish defeat on the Democratic Party. No pick will be safe from this crap.

Bill

2 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Klobuchar is being blamed for a lack-of-prosecution in a case she had nothing to do with.

I completely agree.  But shouldn't this simply be clarified instead of blanket attacking the "far left" (all of whom are potential 2020 voters)?  It's not like this story hasn't hit nearly every news wire.  It bears discussion.  Some simple research will show that Amy Klobuchar was no longer the AG when this murderer's previous case came before the courts.

33 minutes ago, jrock2310 said:

I wish it were Andrew Yang, but that ain’t happening.

Reality:  probably Klobo, Harris, or Abrams.

Andrew Yang would be a fine candidate for Joe. 

But in Reality I agree those three above that you listed are all candidates that I could see Joe Biden picking.