Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

"And people in Hell want ice water too."

That is how Senator Kennedy voiced his (and presumably his GOP fellows in the Senate)'s opposition to further stimulus check relief in future acts/expansions of the CARES act. The Senate is apparently 'on pause' except for essential business like shoving more unqualified hard right judges down our throats. Kennedy and his office have since walked back his statement, claiming that he was 'only' talking about State and city relief funding, not stimulus checks per se. But the Republican's steadfast opposition to that required support dubbed "Blue State Bailouts' by our Brander in Cheif suggest's otherwise. The Right may scoff at notions like wearing masks and washing hands, but they certainly seem to have washed their hands of the Covid response. 

• Upvote 1

The GOP has sunk to new level of moral turpitude ....   Money is more important than the lives of any one who is not part of the financial elite.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Nexus said:

That is how Senator Kennedy voiced his (and presumably his GOP fellows in the Senate)'s opposition to further stimulus check relief in future acts/expansions of the CARES act. The Senate is apparently 'on pause' except for essential business like shoving more unqualified hard right judges down our throats. Kennedy and his office have since walked back his statement, claiming that he was 'only' talking about State and city relief funding, not stimulus checks per se. But the Republican's steadfast opposition to that required support dubbed "Blue State Bailouts' by our Brander in Cheif suggest's otherwise. The Right may scoff at notions like wearing masks and washing hands, but they certainly seem to have washed their hands of the Covid response. 

The Right lost its way a long while back and it shows in a multitude of ways. This is I hope what desperate leaders do when they start to encounter the fact that the majority of people are slowly but surely catching on to their wretched greedy ways. We are coming into this inflection point where great change is not just necessary, it is absolutely required. 

Now is the time to stay safe. We all want to get back to work, but we have to do it the right way. 

My main fear is that some of these Republican Governors are going to help create a huge second wave of infection. Trump thinks he won't be held responsible, but that is absolutely not how people will see it. If that happens many people who vote republican will vote against Trump and all the Republicans. I hope to heck it doesn't go down the way it could, because it could drive the US into a full economic depression.  I hope the full majority of people are smarter than that. I truly believe they are. 

• Upvote 1

Is senator Kennedy any relation to JFK? Really gets me how the gop lives lavishly at the expense of hard working Americans tax dollars but their assholes pucker up tighter than a snare drum at the very thought of giving back. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bludog said:

The GOP has sunk to new level of moral turpitude ....   Money is more important than the lives of any one who is not part of the financial elite.

This pandemic is showing people's true colors. 

Republicans will come out of this pandemic on the down as the leader of this party has 70,000 deaths on his hands. 

Let's hope some of the logical republicans see this and switch sides in November, we need to get the clown out of office.

• Upvote 1