progressivecitizen

Anyone else concerned about Republicans messing up election?

Trump will invariably lose, given the poll numbers showing he is behind Biden in every swing-state. But there is so much interference the Republicans can create given that the pandemic is going to mess up voting-as-usual. What are people doing to ensure Republicans can't claim that the election results will be inaccurate?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, progressivecitizen said:

Trump will invariably lose, given the poll numbers showing he is behind Biden in every swing-state. But there is so much interference the Republicans can create given that the pandemic is going to mess up voting-as-usual. What are people doing to ensure Republicans can't claim that the election results will be inaccurate?

I think the one thing are currently doing and will do is try to suppress voters from coming out. 

The one thing that helps Republicans win is low voter turnout. 

This is why they are so against Mail-In-Ballots, because they know everyone will have the right to vote. 

If the elections continue to go on as planned many people are not going to go out because they could potentially lose there lives or harm one of there loved ones. 

All the Republicans want to do is win and they will take part in suppressing the vote if they need to.

I'm concerned about election tampering from a variety of sources. Trump and the GOP have essentially announced they plan to play even dirtier than last time and there are other domestic sources of interference. The recent stepped to undo the Mueller investigation, like trying to get the charges on Michael Flynn dropped and McConnell's steadfast refusal to move on any legislation on election security have thrown the door open to  foreign actors: Russia, China, Iran, etc to do their worse. I believe there's evidence some have already started (or never stopped).

Trump is likely prepared to put up a stink if he loses, regardless of its big huge margin and a squeaker. This is going to be rough. I don't think we should starting calling victory yet, for one thing that feels too like 2016 and what a gut punch that turned into

This is what I'm saying: That the Democrats need to either play like the Republicans, and/or get a system set in place that will block the R's from interfering with votes or tallies or claiming there are irregularities when the votes come in. Is nobody working on this in the Democratic party?

The Republicans have been doing whatever they need to do to stay in power for long time now. That means messing with voting laws if needed. This is why they went to the supreme court to overturn the Voting Rights Act. This is why they created Fox Cable News. This is why they sought to control the radio waves with obnoxious right-wing talk hosts, where major Republican leaders show up often as guests. This is where absolute ludicrous statements are made, where conspiracy theories are seeded, and misinformation is spread. 

The rights nonsense fear campaigns rewrite history, and promote the same old failed economics that have never worked. Tax cuts for the rich never worked nor has expanded patent law. 

But we all know that. So we have this educated group of professionals, many of whom worked their way out of lower middle class, and all their work got them a good middle class living, but the results only fed the top ten percent. The people on the fifty percent on the bottom got nothing. Both parties failed the people overall, and I think we are all starting to see this.

We need to stop this divide somehow and soon.

6 hours ago, progressivecitizen said:

This is what I'm saying: That the Democrats need to either play like the Republicans, and/or get a system set in place that will block the R's from interfering with votes or tallies or claiming there are irregularities when the votes come in. Is nobody working on this in the Democratic party?

Gerrymandering is something that both parties take apart in. 

But for every election in the U.S to be really Democratic as the founding fathers intended, we need to rule gerrymandering unconstitutional. 

Republicans always have and will continue to take apart in voter suppression, that is how they win elections. 

Low Voter Turnout= Republicans Winning. 

High Voter Turnout= Democrats Winning. 

Nothing other than the Democrats pushing hard enough will change this sad fact that we face currently as a nation.