Jump to content
Pastafarian

Ahmaud Arbery-Why are we hearing about this just now?

Recommended Posts

If that McMichael guy was in law enforcement, one can only imagine how many FALSE convictions of blacks have been

his responsibility.

 

They will probably release a bunch of people form jail now that they know he is THAT racist that

he would murder in cold blood.  He would have thought nothing about lying about 

fabricated crimes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

Christian and Newsom 

 

That would make a fine topic and you should start a thread about it.
It's a piss poor diversion from the discussion in the thread.
Please stop being disruptive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scout said:

If that McMichael guy was in law enforcement, one can only imagine how many FALSE convictions of blacks have been

his responsibility.

 

They will probably release a bunch of people form jail now that they know he is THAT racist that

he would murder in cold blood.  He would have thought nothing about lying about 

fabricated crimes. 

 

 

 

The NAACP and local citizens  need to conduct their own investigations into reopening those cases just like they did with Hitlerian Mark Fuhrman in Los Angeles.  After that was done the City of Los Angeles had to pay $25 million to the victims of his many police crimes.  Sad to say but police are probably the most corrupt institutions in the USA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chuck! said:

 

That would make a fine topic and you should start a thread about it.
It's a piss poor diversion from the discussion in the thread.
Please stop being disruptive

 

Point taken. Deserves it's own thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

The NAACP and local citizens  need to conduct their own investigations into reopening those cases just like they did with Hitlerian Mark Fuhrman in Los Angeles.  After that was done the City of Los Angeles had to pay $25 million to the victims of his many police crimes.  Sad to say but police are probably the most corrupt institutions in the USA.  

 

No argument from me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

Sad to say but police are probably the most corrupt institutions in the USA.  

The police are the corrupt public institutions  that you have the best chance of beating in a court case.

There are all sorts of businesses that discriminate, cheat, and screw their employees, but they do not have any assets worth suing them over.  If you get a $2,000,000 settlement against a  two store grocery chain or  assisted living facility, you will never see a dime.

The LAPD was part of the city government, and they were worth suing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

The LAPD was part of the city government, and they were worth suing.

 

 

 

 

True.  Especially in view of the fact that racist Hitlerian Fuhrman boasted of the criminal acts he had been accused of (and previously denied) in court.  Now that they had those tapes of him making those boasts the City was stuck in the shttttt he created.  

 

Of course, all this can be avoided by simply making police rather than the City  liable for their crimes.  Police crimes would be ended overnight if the law was changed that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

 

True.  Especially in view of the fact that racist Hitlerian Fuhrman boasted of the criminal acts he had been accused of (and previously denied) in court.  Now that they had those tapes of him making those boasts the City was stuck in the shttttt he created.  

 

Of course, all this can be avoided by simply making police rather than the City  liable for their crimes.  Police crimes would be ended overnight if the law was changed that way. 

The city is the one with the deep pockets.The police are city employees. You cannot change that. But if you did, then they'd have to sell  squad cars and guns and ammo to pay settlements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

The NAACP and local citizens  need to conduct their own investigations into reopening those cases just like they did with Hitlerian Mark Fuhrman in Los Angeles.  After that was done the City of Los Angeles had to pay $25 million to the victims of his many police crimes.  Sad to say but police are probably the most corrupt institutions in the USA.  

 

Yep.

And shame on these same civic organizations for allowing things to get this bad

 

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The police are the corrupt public institutions  that you have the best chance of beating in a court case.

There are all sorts of businesses that discriminate, cheat, and screw their employees, but they do not have any assets worth suing them over.  If you get a $2,000,000 settlement against a  two store grocery chain or  assisted living facility, you will never see a dime.

The LAPD was part of the city government, and they were worth suing.

 

That depends on what your objective is.
If all you are looking for is a paycheck, there is no money like tax payer money.

If you want to enact a real change, that two million dollar award that you can't collect will shut down that discriminatory place of business so it can discriminate no more.

You NEED the discrimination because you WANT that free ride after the award, and you couldn't care less about real change occurring 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The city is the one with the deep pockets.The police are city employees. You cannot change that. But if you did, then they'd have to sell  squad cars and guns and ammo to pay settlements.

 

 

 

 

The Federal government created the Federal Torts Acts which makes errant Feds such as IRS agents liable for damages when they commit crimes against people:

 

 

The Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) is a highly complex law that allows specific types of lawsuits against a federal government entity and federal employees who have acted within the scope of employment while causing injuries ...

 

 

https://www.justia.com/injury/federal-tort-claims-act-ftca/

 

 

https://scholarship.law.umt.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1642&context=mlr

 

 

 

 

 

The Federal government can enact such a law and apply it to the states under the Constitution's supremacy clause:

 

 

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution of the United States (Article VI, Clause 2), establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the "supreme Law of the Land", and thus take priority over any conflicting state laws.

 

 

from Wiki

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chuck! said:

Video from across the road of that house under construction.
This video is what the shooters used for justification in chasing Ahmaud down and shooting him

 

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/gbi-reviewing-new-video-footage-ahmaud-arbery-case/xvSWFTbaD0k9cr80R7CTnL/

 

 

I heard this video existed in the very first report of the incident, but not since.

 

It still doesn't justify the shooter's actions, but its pretty telling how this little tidbit is seemingly trying to be kept out of the narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

I heard this video existed in the very first report of the incident, but not since.

 

It still doesn't justify the shooter's actions, but its pretty telling how this little tidbit is seemingly trying to be kept out of the narrative.

 

I would say it simply had no bearing on the case before I would say it was "kept out of the narrative"
The father said they had it in his initial statement to the police, even
It simply shows nothing .
It isn't even confirmed to be Ahmaud, for those who play semantics.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck! said:

 

I would say it simply had no bearing on the case before I would say it was "kept out of the narrative"
The father said they had it in his initial statement to the police, even
It simply shows nothing .
It isn't even confirmed to be Ahmaud, for those who play semantics.
 

 

There is no sign in the video that Ahmaud took anything. He certainly did not deserve the death penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rippy38 said:

I heard this video existed in the very first report of the incident, but not since.

 

It still doesn't justify the shooter's actions, but its pretty telling how this little tidbit is seemingly trying to be kept out of the narrative.

 

You need to read the article about the pros. atty. on Slate.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...