Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

Stephen Miller’s hard-line policies on refugee families make a comeback at HHS

Some things never change and the acts of loathsome, probably self loathing bigots in one of them. Not even a pandemic cam stop the Miller train from running on time, right over some of most vulnerable: Immigrant children and families. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/16/stephen-miller-hhs-family-separation-189784

After the Trump administration abruptly installed a new hard-line leader last month, the health department’s refugee office is pushing to implement immigration policies favored by White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, according to four health department officials and internal documents reviewed by POLITICO.

The office — which takes custody of thousands of migrant children — is now seeking to delay placing migrant children in shelters operated by the health department, which would instead leave those children in the custody of the Border Patrol for an extended length of time, according to an internal email sent last week and reviewed by POLITICO.

• Upvote 1

Family Separation is something that sickens me and I do not know how it doesn't sicken the president. 

I can only imagine the pain that immigrant families have been facing ever since this policy was put into place, which I read in article it dates back to George W Bushes presidency. 

That is awful. 

I wish we had a system where there could be a pathway for citizenship for all immigrants.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, zkyllonen8 said:

Family Separation is something that sickens me and I do not know how it doesn't sicken the president. 

I can only imagine the pain that immigrant families have been facing ever since this policy was put into place, which I read in article it dates back to George W Bushes presidency. 

That is awful. 

I wish we had a system where there could be a pathway for citizenship for all immigrants.

Absolutely!!!

3 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

Absolutely!!!

It will never happen with a Republican in the white house though! 

We need to get this guy outta here!

The Trump administration is moving to expand immigration restrictions, believing that the public is willing to accept new limits on immigration during the pandemic.

Trump’s immigration advisers are working on an executive order that would ban the issuance of some work-based visas. The order is expected to focus on H-1B visas, designed for highly skilled workers, and H-2B, for seasonal migrant workers, as well as student visas. Though the order hasn’t yet been finalized, administration officials said it could range from suspensions of entire visa categories to the creation of incentives to hire Americans in industries hit by layoffs. 

Trump is really looking out for all those forgotten Americans who have been craving those sweet field hand and meat processing jobs. 

Best scenario, this Nazi bastard gets the C-19 from his wife, and they both die.