Sign in to follow this  
Tommywilley84

Anyone think the truth lies in the middle?

Biden being obviously a touchy feely guy has a bit of an issue with personal space. That much is obviously true. That said, I'm thinking the truth of the Tara Reade story is more in the middle. I don't think fingers were ever forced in her. I think this is part of something she's being paid by Trump's administration as a smear campaign. I think she is telling the truth about the hair touching stuff. It's almost a guarantee. Trump for all the audacity that he has can't come out and accuse Biden of that sort of thing but he can damn sure pay someone else to do so.

The allegation is real and at the same time the timing is of course Jaw dropping. I wouldn't put this in the same category as Anita Hill or Christine Blasey Ford's, only because both those women came before the Senate Judiciary in the midst of a presidential nomination for the Supreme Court. Neither one by the way was fully investigated. 

Regarding Anita Hill. The first thing that Senators asked was, why is this being brought up now for the first time. Actually, Hill's allegation had been leaked by the press from an FBI interview. Hill worked under Clearance Thomas at the EEOC. There were 4 women waiting in the wings willing to testify on her behalf, however they were never brought before the Senate. This was not an election, this was a Senate confirmation. There was plenty of time for a full investigation, however, none was afforded her. It should be said that Joe Biden led those hearings.

Regarding Christine Blasey Ford's allegation. Again, this was before the Senate Judiciary process for the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation hearing. 

While the allegation came from a possible incident that happened many years prior there were other allegations also coming to the fore that again were never fully investigated. 

Again, this was a confirmation hearing - there was no set time frame to complete the confirmation, and no reason why a full investigation could not be fully completed.

Timing is one thing, it was problematic in both Hills, and Ford's allegations, and so the question could be asked, why are you bringing this allegation up now. In both cases the women stated their reasons. But the one thing that was troubling with both allegations is that while there was no reason to rush the nominations, politics and not the search for truth ruled the day.

Why didn't Tara Reade bring up her story when Biden was in the Senate - she says she did. If so, there should be some record. We could also wonder why she didn't bring it up when  Biden was picked by Obama to be his Vice President. She could easily say, that was before the me too movement, and after the me too movement she found more courage. 

Why didn't she bring it up during the start of the Primary's? I could be wrong here, but I don't think she did. Maybe she thought that if she had it would not have meant much. 

Answer: the only thing that can be done now is to open up the books and do an investigation. If Biden is innocent he should request such action, which he has under no uncertain terms.

Of course here, we will have all kinds of nonsense coming from the right wing media, and it will be ongoing. Same as the Ukraine nonsense, where Trump used his three Amigo's push the new Ukraine president to investigate Biden by holding back Congressional Aid - which was illegal. 

Yes, we have good reason to think that the Right will go nuts over this whole issue. So I say, have at it. Go for the truth! Send in the FBI!

Peace!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheOldBarn said:

The allegation is real and at the same time the timing is of course Jaw dropping. I wouldn't put this in the same category as Anita Hill or Christine Blasey Ford's, only because both those women came before the Senate Judiciary in the midst of a presidential nomination for the Supreme Court. Neither one by the way was fully investigated. 

Regarding Anita Hill. The first thing that Senators asked was, why is this being brought up now for the first time. Actually, Hill's allegation had been leaked by the press from an FBI interview. Hill worked under Clearance Thomas at the EEOC. There were 4 women waiting in the wings willing to testify on her behalf, however they were never brought before the Senate. This was not an election, this was a Senate confirmation. There was plenty of time for a full investigation, however, none was afforded her. It should be said that Joe Biden led those hearings.

Regarding Christine Blasey Ford's allegation. Again, this was before the Senate Judiciary process for the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh's Supreme Court confirmation hearing. 

While the allegation came from a possible incident that happened many years prior there were other allegations also coming to the fore that again were never fully investigated. 

Again, this was a confirmation hearing - there was no set time frame to complete the confirmation, and no reason why a full investigation could not be fully completed.

Timing is one thing, it was problematic in both Hills, and Ford's allegations, and so the question could be asked, why are you bringing this allegation up now. In both cases the women stated their reasons. But the one thing that was troubling with both allegations is that while there was no reason to rush the nominations, politics and not the search for truth ruled the day.

Why didn't Tara Reade bring up her story when Biden was in the Senate - she says she did. If so, there should be some record. We could also wonder why she didn't bring it up when  Biden was picked by Obama to be his Vice President. She could easily say, that was before the me too movement, and after the me too movement she found more courage. 

Why didn't she bring it up during the start of the Primary's? I could be wrong here, but I don't think she did. Maybe she thought that if she had it would not have meant much. 

Answer: the only thing that can be done now is to open up the books and do an investigation. If Biden is innocent he should request such action, which he has under no uncertain terms.

Of course here, we will have all kinds of nonsense coming from the right wing media, and it will be ongoing. Same as the Ukraine nonsense, where Trump used his three Amigo's push the new Ukraine president to investigate Biden by holding back Congressional Aid - which was illegal. 

Yes, we have good reason to think that the Right will go nuts over this whole issue. So I say, have at it. Go for the truth! Send in the FBI!

Peace!

Agreed. Good to see some like minded individuals. The nhb room is mostly inhabited by blowhard red hatters with the "Trump can do no wrong" mentality. At this point I'm almost certain it should be classified as a mental disorder

• Upvote 1