Barnatha82

Why are we letting Biden slide?

I can't speak for everyone, but I pushed really hard for the #me too movement. I backed Brett Kavanaugh's accuser like so many others in our circle. Yet,  Tara Reade has more corroboration then Brett Kavanaugh's accuser had, most of us liberals are not supporting her. Most of us hate Donald Trump myself included, but do we hate him to the point where we're willing to become we were willing to become hypocrites in order to back our nominee?

Well, so far only one of the people Tara Reade said she told has recalled such a conversation, they're apparently searching for a paper trail as she said she filed a complaint about the alleged attack (Something the Biden campaign called for) It seems like Reade is being believed and taken seriously, but there are some inconsistencies in her accusations and behavior. I'd always taken "Believe the woman/victim" to mean treat accusation as serious and treat them as such, not to automatically assume they are true and skip right to the sentencing phase. 

My concern is that people will take the route and scuttle Biden's run. The Trump campaign is already flogging this (particularly Trump's mini-mes: Eric and Jr.)  putting aside the 21 women that have accused Trump of sexual harassment and assault (which hasn't called to be investigated as Biden has) It doesn't seem like Biden is being given a pass, just not being automatically hung out to dry. 

• Like 1

This is a very good question indeed. 

Joe Biden Supporters want Chris Hayes fired because of this video right here:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/30/msnbcs_chris_hayes_you_have_to_take_serious_tara_reades_allegations_against_joe_biden.html

Which is sad since all he was doing is pointing out the obvious. Rape allegations are a serious thing and should not be held on partisan lines. 

If the Democrats continue to downplay this, they will look objective in there convictions and will not be holding up the norms of holding people accountable for rape, no matter which party. 

Tara Reade will be interviewed on Fox this weekend. She's been asked to appear on MSNBC but has not replied. I expect it to be more to the smear campaign that the Trump Campaign has begun(This will by their Benghazi for Biden, His son will be their "But her emails!) but it maybe interesting to watch as a preview of the election campaign if nothing else. 

has a ton of footage ignoring female boundaries

cant keep his hands out of girls hair

Hunter , I can not find a good light to shine on that 

think Ill vote for candor this time around

10 hours ago, Barnatha82 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I pushed really hard for the #me too movement. I backed Brett Kavanaugh's accuser like so many others in our circle. Yet,  Tara Reade has more corroboration then Brett Kavanaugh's accuser had, most of us liberals are not supporting her. Most of us hate Donald Trump myself included, but do we hate him to the point where we're willing to become we were willing to become hypocrites in order to back our nominee?

Nobody letting Biden slide. And you're now on the top of my watch list for being a Liberal. 

Tread carefully going forward.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Barnatha82 said:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3046962001?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1RNEOEktEhFqxjsbgWd_vy5qIZkihrxpdYkLFO_0WUmlPsUaIoW5cy_uc

Here iis Biden's appearance on MSNBC's Morning Joe. Miika didn't go easy on him and I think he did well, but one has to make up their own mind

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Here iis Biden's appearance on MSNBC's Morning Joe. Miika didn't go easy on him and I think he did well, but one has to make up their own mind

IMO I think that I would be silly for the media not to be hard on him. 

No matter what party or person it is, rape allegations are very very serious, and should not be taken lightly.

• Upvote 1

seems like her story changes 3 times

saying that he penetrated her would be rape ?

15 hours ago, rrober49 said:

seems like her story changes 3 times

saying that he penetrated her would be rape ?

It would be Sexual Assault. 

Still an awful thing to have against you.

This is not good for Joe Biden.

19 hours ago, skews13 said:

Nobody letting Biden slide. And you're now on the top of my watch list for being a Liberal. 

Who are you all of a sudden? I don't answer to you sweetheart.

19 hours ago, skews13 said:

Are you threatening me? I just reported you

Because sadly if we want Trump out of there, he is the ticket. The only hope. At the end of the day only two people know what did or didn't happen and that's Biden and Reade. Part of me believes he was touchy feely with her as he's obviously seen doing that on camera alot but I don't think this is all legit. I think she's being paid to participate in a smear campaign. 

5 minutes ago, Tommywilley84 said:

Because sadly if we want Trump out of there, he is the ticket. The only hope. At the end of the day only two people know what did or didn't happen and that's Biden and Reade. Part of me believes he was touchy feely with her as he's obviously seen doing that on camera alot but I don't think this is all legit. I think she's being paid to participate in a smear campaign. 

There is no smear campaign come on man.

These allegations need to be taken seriously just like Liberals were doing with Kavanaugh. 

Just because he is the nominee for the Democrats does not make him right in this situation. 

10 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

There is no smear campaign come on man.

These allegations need to be taken seriously just like Liberals were doing with Kavanaugh. 

Just because he is the nominee for the Democrats does not make him right in this situation. 

Then they should investigate it and get it over with. I'm thinking the truth is lying somewhere in the middle. Trump needs something and Biden is obviously a touchy feely guy. Trump can't go out on his own and accuse Biden of something like that having the personal track record he does but his campaign sure as hell can pay someone else to do so. They need something to take the attention away from Trump. Personally even if Biden is guilty I'm still voting for him. Fuck Trump. He's the biggest disgrace to this country since Woodrow Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Tommywilley84 said:

Then they should investigate it and get it over with. I'm thinking the truth is lying somewhere in the middle. Trump needs something and Biden is obviously a touchy feely guy. Trump can't go out on his own and accuse Biden of something like that having the personal track record he does but his campaign sure as hell can pay someone else to do so. They need something to take the attention away from Trump. Personally even if Biden is guilty I'm still voting for him. Fuck Trump. He's the biggest disgrace to this country since Woodrow Wilson. 

See if Joe Biden is guilty. I am not going to vote for him no matter what. 

Just because people on the right vote for Trump with all of his allegations does not mean I am going to. 

Just my opinion. 

I do think the Democrats act quite differently than the Republicans when it comes down to something such as this. Definitely should be looked into. If Joe's guilty that's a real problem for sure. If we found out he was nor would I vote for him. But man it would be just our darn luck for sure!

I still say that Senator Franken got railroaded. But that's neither here nor there.

15 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

See if Joe Biden is guilty. I am not going to vote for him no matter what. 

Just because people on the right vote for Trump with all of his allegations does not mean I am going to. 

Just my opinion. 

That's your right

2 minutes ago, TheOldBarn said:

I do think the Democrats act quite differently than the Republicans when it comes down to something such as this. Definitely should be looked into. If Joe's guilty that's a real problem for sure. If we found out he was nor would I vote for him. But man it would be just our darn luck for sure!

I still say that Senator Franken got railroaded. But that's neither here nor there.

its sort hard for me to ignore 

Id follow a guy with  spine that strong

58 minutes ago, rrober49 said:

its sort hard for me to ignore 

Id follow a guy with  spine that strong

Politics aside, If I was innocent I'd want to clear my name. There is always this he said she said stuff, and that's a dismal paradox to be sure. But honestly you have to go on a person's character in such a case. You need to bring people before a hearing who worked with Tara Reade on the Senate Staff. If she reported it, there has to be some record indicating something.

And yes, this is different than what the Right would do for sure. We all remember the Access Hollywood tape and almost immediately after it was released came the news that the Hillary Clinton campaigned had been hacked by the Russians. The information the Russians hacked had evidently been shared and then leaked by Wikileaks, which was thought to be very strange.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheOldBarn said:

Yeah and the problem is if he is guilty, who should be the nominee? 

That is a very interesting question. 

5 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

Yeah and the problem is if he is guilty, who should be the nominee? 

That is a very interesting question. 

Yes, I don't know the answer to this one. I think it would have to go down to Democratic Convention whenever that will be. I think the delegates would have to decide.

Just now, TheOldBarn said:

Yes, I don't know the answer to this one. I think it would have to go down to Democratic Convention whenever that will be.

I think the only logical answer would be is Bernie, he has the second most delegates only fair right?? 

Just now, zkyllonen8 said:

I think the only logical answer would be is Bernie, he has the second most delegates only fair right?? 

It would be really hard not to chose Bernie! Actually you're right, there is no other candidate that comes close to his delegate count. But you could have some brokering. It would be electric, that's for sure!