JeanMoulin

Biden needs to not just attack THE PIG

He needs to attack THE PIG's entire crime family, and his administration. People like FAT BASTARD BARR, and FAT HOG Pompeo. That little pencil neck Kushner too. He has to show voters how this vulture Mnuchin robbed the government of millions of dollars while foreclosing on thousands people. He needs to attack every one of these filthy swine republicans who voted not to convict THE PIG. It won't be enough to attack THE PIG. He needs to show the American exactly what these robber barons are doing to our country.

This is the one thing I fear may happen with a Biden presidency, he will proclaim a time for healing and not a time for vengeance. I really hope I'm wrong but I think it's 50-50 he will let Trump and his whole group of despicables get away and face no consequences.

3 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

He needs to attack THE PIG's entire crime family, and his administration. People like FAT BASTARD BARR, and FAT HOG Pompeo. That little pencil neck Kushner too. He has to show voters how this vulture Mnuchin robbed the government of millions of dollars while foreclosing on thousands people. He needs to attack every one of these filthy swine republicans who voted not to convict THE PIG. It won't be enough to attack THE PIG. He needs to show the American exactly what these robber barons are doing to our country.

IF this should come to pass, it would be eerily similar to when Ford pardoned Nixon 46 years ago.

IF Biden wins the presidency.  And IF he pardons Trump and his crew of despicables ...  As deplorable as that may be, it is still at least 10,000 times better than if the "PIG" gets four more years.

Biden, for all his all his perceived and/or real faults and drawbacks, is an infinitely better choice than Trump.  As a Progressive, I do not expect much gratification of my political hopes from Joe Biden.  But I know four years under Biden's watch would end the Trump march toward Fascism.  Considering his age, Biden would probably be a one-term president, almost by default.

A few days ago, I contributed my first donation to the Biden campaign.  My contingency plan is to continue doing so, as circumstances develop. 

5 hours ago, bludog said:

IF this should come to pass, it would be eerily similar to when Ford pardoned Nixon 46 years ago.

IF Biden wins the presidency.  And IF he pardons Trump and his crew of despicables ...  As deplorable as that may be, it is still at least 10,000 times better than if the "PIG" gets four more years.

Biden, for all his all his perceived and/or real faults and drawbacks, is an infinitely better choice than Trump.  As a Progressive, I do not expect much gratification of my political hopes from Joe Biden.  But I know four years under Biden's watch would end the Trump march toward Fascism.  Considering his age, Biden would probably be a one-term president, almost by default.

A few days ago, I contributed my first donation to the Biden campaign.  My contingency plan is to continue doing so, as circumstances develop. 

I don't want 10,000 times better I want 10,001 times better, and that means take down every last one of them. If it were Bernie Sanders he wouldn't blink an eye about throwing all the weight of the DOJ at Trump and his cronies which of course means having Kamala Harris as AG. The only thing that gets these people's respect is force and trying to be the facilitator for getting along to them is a sign of weakness and not having the stomach to see it through. Every single one of Trumps evil deeds has to be brought to light and has to have consequences or else it will only be a matter of time before we have another clown to deal with and the next time may cause even worse damage. The sooner we understand what we are dealing with and how to deal with them the better off this country will be.

We don't live in a banana republic.

Yes, the Trump Administration (and the Trump family) should be subject to State and Federal law enforcement once this Trumpist nightmare concludes.

But it is beyond grotesque to think an incoming president should be the one beating the drum and calling for the DOJ to take specific actions against specific targets. No way.

That's the way autocrats, authoritarians, and demagogues abuse power. 

It is not the proper path for a liberal democracy. It is a death knell. 

That is how Sanders would behave and why that man will never be the president of the United States. It is an abuse of power.

Leave law enforcement to duly empowered law enforcement officials. Don't further sully the office of the presidency by embracing presidential overreaches.

Not a liberal response.

Bill

6 hours ago, fourputt said:

I don't want 10,000 times better I want 10,001 times better, and that means take down every last one of them. If it were Bernie Sanders he wouldn't blink an eye about throwing all the weight of the DOJ at Trump and his cronies which of course means having Kamala Harris as AG. The only thing that gets these people's respect is force and trying to be the facilitator for getting along to them is a sign of weakness and not having the stomach to see it through. Every single one of Trumps evil deeds has to be brought to light and has to have consequences or else it will only be a matter of time before we have another clown to deal with and the next time may cause even worse damage. The sooner we understand what we are dealing with and how to deal with them the better off this country will be.

Bernie Sanders is not our presumptive candidate.  Joe Biden is.  The task at hand is to oust Trump.

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

Yes, the Trump Administration (and the Trump family) should be subject to State and Federal law enforcement once this Trumpist nightmare concludes.

But it is beyond grotesque to think an incoming president should be the one beating the drum and calling for the DOJ to take specific actions against specific targets. No way.

I agree that revenge is not the path to take.  There will be much work to do once Trump is gone.  I don't think the place to start is to put the screws to people.  

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

That is how Sanders would behave

That is 100% incorrect.  Bernie would never behave like that.

6 hours ago, Nexus said:

Stupid question: What does PIG stand for? 

"The PIG" is poster JeanMoulin's nickname for Trump.  It's quite fitting.  :D  

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

That is how Sanders would behave and why that man will never be the president of the United States. It is an abuse of power.

Leave law enforcement to duly empowered law enforcement officials. Don't further sully the office of the presidency by embracing presidential overreaches.

Not a liberal response.

Bill

My post wasn't about revenge after Biden becomes president. It was meant to stress what he should be doing on the campaign trail. Attacking these swine now, not later. After Biden becomes our new president, we need to let these criminals slip into obscurity and let them go down in history as what they were.

6 hours ago, Nexus said:

Stupid question: What does PIG stand for? 

There are plenty more authentic epithets to describe Trump than to demean the reputation of a perfectly fine beast.

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

Not a liberal response.

Bill

Dude C'mon we get it you don't like Bernie! 

He lost we aren't sour about it were over it!!

We just need Trump out!! 

2 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

My post wasn't about revenge after Biden becomes president. It was meant to stress what he should be doing on the campaign trail. Attacking these swine now, not later. After Biden becomes our new president, we need to let these criminals slip into obscurity and let them go down in history as what they were.

There is a difference between strongly criticizing the policies of Donald J Trump and his administration and a candidate publically calling for the prosecution of his political rival (and the man's family).

The Justice system should deal with Trump and his crimes after he's ousted. But any such prosecutions should flow from Justice Department officials (and their counterparts in the States) following due process and should not be championed or directed by our Democratic nominee.

Bill

2 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

Dude C'mon we get it you don't like Bernie! 

He lost we aren't sour about it were over it!!

We just need Trump out!! 

Yes, we need Trump out. The way to remove Trump is to act like responsible liberal adults and not like inflamed populist "revolutionaries."

If we were to adopt "lock him up" as our battle cry, we'd descend to the same populist political morass as that embraced by the Trumpists.

Americans are looking to see who offers the sane alternative in 2020. Adopting insane positions--like a candidate promising to lock up Trump and his family as a campaign promise--is the sort of insanity that drives people away. It is not a liberal response.

We have an election to win. Let's not be crazy-cakes.

Bill

1 minute ago, SpyCar said:

Yes, we need Trump out. The way to remove Trump is to act like responsible liberal adults and not like inflamed populist "revolutionaries."

If we were to adopt "lock him up" as our battle cry, we'd descend to the same populist political morass as that embraced by the Trumpists.

Americans are looking to see who offers the sane alternative in 2020. Adopting insane positions--like a candidate promising to lock up Trump and his family as a campaign promise--is the sort of insanity that drives people away. It is not a liberal response.

We have an election to win. Let's not be crazy-cakes.

Bill

Yeah people identify me enough as a crazy snowflake Liberal so I agree with you there. 

I do not want to be anywhere close to Trump Supporters they are like a bunch of chickens running with there heads cut off. 

For example Obama was doing some of the same things that Trump is doing for example the bailouts of companies after the great recession just like we are doing right now and they had a huge problem with it, but now Trump is doing the same thing they have no problem with it at all. 

What a bunch of double standard losers.

26 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Who's doing that?  No one that I can see.

7 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Who's doing that?  No one that I can see.

Good. Let's hope that keeps up.

Bill

36 minutes ago, SpyCar said:

Good. Let's hope that keeps up.

Bill

Let's hope it does.   When people are treated with respect, they tend to return that respect. 

27 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Let's hope it does.   When people are treated with respect, they return respect.

The evidence is clear that that's not always the case.

Sanders was treated with kid gloves in 2016 and offered unprecedented input on the party platform in 2016, yet he and his followers acted from spite and revenge by enabling the election of Donald J Trump.

We can only hope for a more mature response this time.

Bill

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

There is a difference between strongly criticizing the policies of Donald J Trump and his administration and a candidate publically calling for the prosecution of his political rival (and the man's family).

The Justice system should deal with Trump and his crimes after he's ousted. But any such prosecutions should flow from Justice Department officials (and their counterparts in the States) following due process and should not be championed or directed by our Democratic nominee.

Bill

Very little we can do once he's out of office and his criminals have been replaced, and I really don't care what if anything can be done. All I care is that he is gone. Again, I feel that Biden may be too soft on holding his feet to the fire now. No judgment, but I feel what Biden needs to do is make the voters aware of the ruthlessness of this administration. There are many out there that are either not aware, or don't care because it hasn't directly touched their lives. You know, as much as I feel that Biden can take this lunatic down, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking this is going to be an easy win. It's going to be a tough battle, and I'm also not convinced that playing the nice guy is going to help either. I'm disgusted with some of our countrymen that they let this abomination happen in the first place. In the land of what is now reality TV nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to how Americans think. We played nice last time and it didn't work out with hog and corn farmers and the south. I can only assume that that group of voters don't like nice anymore.

1 hour ago, JeanMoulin said:

Very little we can do once he's out of office and his criminals have been replaced, and I really don't care what if anything can be done. All I care is that he is gone. Again, I feel that Biden may be too soft on holding his feet to the fire now. No judgment, but I feel what Biden needs to do is make the voters aware of the ruthlessness of this administration. There are many out there that are either not aware, or don't care because it hasn't directly touched their lives. You know, as much as I feel that Biden can take this lunatic down, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking this is going to be an easy win. It's going to be a tough battle, and I'm also not convinced that playing the nice guy is going to help either. I'm disgusted with some of our countrymen that they let this abomination happen in the first place. In the land of what is now reality TV nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to how Americans think. We played nice last time and it didn't work out with hog and corn farmers and the south. I can only assume that that group of voters don't like nice anymore.

In my estimation Joe Biden has great political instincts.

He was getting hammered (by some) for not attacking his Democratic rivals during the campaign, but his instincts have paid large dividends.

He will not treat Trump the way he has treated fellow Democrats. Trump will get skewered. Timing is critical here.

November is a long way off. Biden does well to be a person of reason and calm. Trump can't help devolving into his narcissistic tantrums without any prodding.

When the time is right, Biden will pound this asshole. Joe knows exactly how to deal with bullies.

It isn't a matter of "niceness," the election will turn on character, competence, and the candidate's ability to connect with people.

I have high confidence that Biden is the guy to beat Trump.

Bill

1 hour ago, SpyCar said:

The evidence is clear that that's not always the case.

Not always, but usually.  

Sanders was treated with kid gloves in 2016 and offered unprecedented input on the party platform in 2016,

Bernie was treated like crap by Hillary as well as many of her supporters.  Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Donna Brazile, the list goes on and on.  Hillary did absolutely nothing to reach out to Bernie supporters.  Heck, she even threw people out of the convention who wouldn't put on Hillary gear.  ZERO respect.  

yet he and his followers acted from spite and revenge by enabling the election of Donald J Trump.

Do you mean his supporters:huh:   Only the people who voted for Trump actually enabled Trump.   Hillary didn't reach out to Bernie voters, it's that simple.   She had swanky fundraisers to attend. 

We can only hope for a more mature response this time.

Bill

Joe Biden is being infinitely more mature and welcoming than Hillary ever was.

13 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Not always, but usually.  

Bernie was treated like crap by Hillary as well as many of her supporters.  Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Donna Brazile, the list goes on and on.  Hillary did absolutely nothing to reach out to Bernie supporters.  Heck, she even threw people out of the convention who wouldn't put on Hillary gear.  ZERO respect.  

Do you mean his supporters:huh:   Only the people who voted for Trump actually enabled Trump.   Hillary didn't reach out, it's that simple.  

Joe Biden is being infinitely more mature and welcoming than Hillary ever was.

Uh no. BS was treated more than fairly by the DNC.

He was not (is not) a member of our party, yet he was given full access to the treasure trove of voter data and donation lists by the DNC. These were invaluable resources. Where the Democrats fully shared email lists and donors with Sanders, he has pointedly refused to reciprocate.

Sanders was also given the stage to run "as a Democrat" and to participate in debates, which took him from being a virtually unknown fringe politician and turned him into a well-known fringe politician. He should thank the DNC for helping to make him a multi-millionaire.

We saw the respect BS delegates had for the process when they booed civil rights heroes and disrupted the convention. Shameful!

People who claim to be "liberals" who sat out or voted Stein enabled Trump. Clearly. Unequivocally.

Democrats did everything possible to reach out to Sanders and his supporters. They sought vengeance instead of reason.

It is a dreadful legacy.

Bill

4 hours ago, SpyCar said:

Uh no. Bernie was treated more than fairly by the DNC.

Sorry, that's just not true.  Bernie was treated terribly by the DNC as well as the Clinton campaign.  But that's ancient history.  

I'm just damn happy to now see a candidate who "gets it."  Biden is building bridges, something Bernie supporters believe Hillary didn't bother to do.  

It's time to come together and beat Trump.  The past should remain in the past. 

8 minutes ago, RollingRock said:

Sorry, that's just not true.  Bernie was treated terribly by the DNC as well as the Clinton campaign. 

I'm just damn happy to see a candidate who "gets it."  Biden is building bridges, something Bernie supports firmly believe Hillary didn't bother to do.  

It's time to come together and beat Trump.  The past is the past. 

Sanders was treated far (far) better than he deserved to be. The DNC even allowed him to appoint an anti-liberal "democratic socialist" Cornel West to sit on the platform committee. They got what they asked for then Cornel West (et al) went and voted for Jill Stein.

This stuff is really hard to take.

Bill