Nexus

Texas Lt. Governor Dan Prick has his priories... well something.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-reopening-economy-more-important-things-n1188911

Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick doubled down on controversial comments he has made about the coronavirus pandemic, telling Fox News on Monday that Americans had to "take some risks" in reopening the economy.

Patrick was heavily criticized last month after he suggested in an interview with Fox News' Tucker Carlson that he and other senior citizens might be willing to die to save the economy. He stood by his statements in a new interview with Carlson on Monday night, saying, "We are crushing the economy."

"And what I said when I was with you that night, there are more important things than living. And that's saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us," Patrick said Monday night. He went on to say that he didn't want to die but that "we've got to take some risks and get back in the game and get this country back up and running."

This kind of insane rhetoric makes you wonder if what ever is wrong with Donald Trump is contagious or if the GOP was always secretly a Death Cult and Trump;s coming was their sign of the end times. Or how dumb do think their supporters are to blindly accept this "Some of you will have to die, but that's a sacrifice we're willing to make!" line. But OTOH, there are the protests.

Of course, maybe he's totally legit and willing to lay his life ont the line for the economy. I'll be waiting for him to volunteer. I'm not going to hold my breath.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nexus said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-reopening-economy-more-important-things-n1188911

This kind of insane rhetoric makes you wonder if what ever is wrong with Donald Trump is contagious or if the GOP was always secretly a Death Cult and Trump;s coming was their sign of the end times. Or how dumb do think their supporters are to blindly accept this "Some of you will have to die, but that's a sacrifice we're willing to make!" line. But OTOH, there are the protests.

Of course, maybe he's totally legit and willing to lay his life ont the line for the economy. I'll be waiting for him to volunteer. I'm not going to hold my breath.  

People like this guy is why this virus is going to last longer than it needs to.

All they care about is there profits and corporate buddies, they do not care about American lives.

• Upvote 1

Dan Patrick appears to have a history  of 'colorful' statements partially from his career as a radio shock jock where he performed noteworthy things as having a vasectomy live on air

Good to see that the GOP is pulling in the top talent, but it does explain why he appears to click so well with the Trump governing style: Similar background. 

As a Texas state senator, Dan Patrick has conducted himself in a manner consistent with the shock jock he once was. Patrick—who is now the Republican nominee for lieutenant governor—has railed against everything from separation of church and state to Mexican coyotes who supposedly speak Urdu. He’s even advised his followers that God is speaking to them through Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson.

A former sportscaster who once defended a football player who’d thrown a reporter through a door (Patrick believed it wasn’t the journalist’s job to do “negative reporting”), Patrick became a conservative talk radio host in the early 1990s—Houston’s answer to Rush Limbaugh. In 2006, he parlayed his radio fame into a state Senate seat—and kept the talk show going. In office, he proposed paying women $500 to turn over newborn babies to the state (to reduce abortions), led the charge against creeping liberalism in state textbooks, and pushed wave after wave of new abortion restrictions. For his efforts, Texas Monthly named Patrick one of the worst legislators of 2013.

• Upvote 1

I remember Dan Patrick when he was a sportscaster.  He was far more sane back then, it seemed.... :lol:  

• Upvote 1

Seriously they do not care about Texans health or well being enough to care, this kind of thing disgusts me. 

For once in our current political landscape I wish people would care about there constituents first before there business interests and money.

But lets be honest here we all know what Republicans care about more, this pandemic is shedding the light on the true colors of the Republican Party.

• Upvote 1

Chris Christie has his priorities in the right place, the economy is worth more than a few lives.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Monday that the country needs to reopen, despite separate key coronavirus models forecasting that thousands may die daily in the United States from Covid-19 and that more than 100,000 may die in total.

"Of course, everybody wants to save every life they can -- but the question is, towards what end, ultimately?" Christie, a Republican tapped to lead President Donald Trump's presidential transition team in 2016, told CNN's Dana Bash on The Daily DC Podcast. "Are there ways that we can... thread the middle here to allow that there are going to be deaths, and there are going to be deaths no matter what?"

Christie told Bash that "we've got to let some of these folks get back to work, because if we don't, we're going to destroy the American way of life in these families -- and it will be years and years before we can recover." His comments Monday echoed similar characterizations by other Republicans -- including President Donald Trump -- that the economic impact of coronavirus is just as devastating to the nation as the virus itself.

When Bash pressed Christie on whether people would be able to accept reopening in light of news of a Trump administration model projecting a rise up to about 3,000 daily US deaths from coronavirus by June 1, Christie responded, "They're gonna have to."

6 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

Interesting that these are the same people that claim they are pro-life.

Only if it's a fetus.

6 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

But it really is a Tragedy that so many people want to re-open the country to quickly. 

It could cost thousands of more lives. 

It is worse than irresponsible.  It is homicidal. 

When the second wave of COVID19 hits, it is predicted to be much worse than the first.  When death starts to touch a majority of families, there may be  a sobering of attitude among those who now jeer.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, bludog said:

Only if it's a fetus.

I was thinking the same thing man. Once the baby is out of the womb, they don't give two craps about the quality of life that baby is going to live. 

18 minutes ago, bludog said:

It is worse than irresponsible.  It is homicidal. 

When the second wave of COVID19 hits, it is predicted to be much worse than the first.  When death starts to touch a majority of families, there may be  a sobering of attitude among those who now jeer.

If this does happen across the Country the blood will and should solely fall on Trump's Hands. 

It is disgraceful and disgusting how he touts that "only" almost 100,000 thousand people have died. 

What a Joke this guy is. 

• Upvote 1