White men in black movies

Imgreatagain

Why is it that in most black movies and tv shows, white men are portrayed as bumbling idiots? 
Granted, there have been many white films that include the “token black guy” but I’m not sure if he’s dumbed down. 
movies like Get Hard, Hitch are a few off of the top of my head. Spoiler alerts: white guy needs black guy to dance or go to prison. Hmmm . Not sure if these films are skyrocketing the black community out of their stereotypes. 

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

Why is it that in most black movies and tv shows, white men are portrayed as bumbling idiots? 
Granted, there have been many white films that include the “token black guy” but I’m not sure if he’s dumbed down. 
movies like Get Hard, Hitch are a few off of the top of my head. Spoiler alerts: white guy needs black guy to dance or go to prison. Hmmm . Not sure if these films are skyrocketing the black community out of their stereotypes. 

Probably similar to why commercials and sitcom, especially in the 90s and 2000s, depicted men in general (husbands, fathers) as bumbling idiots. It's to appeal to a certain demographic. Someone pointed out to me a long time ago that in most households, women do most of the shopping. That's why advertisements are targeted towards them, showing caricatures and perspectives sympathetic to a wife's/mother's position. 

Similar with white guys in movies, they are pandering to minorities AND women, which together form the majority of consumers. Also, they know the vast majority of white males can brush it off and let it go, so will still consume the movie. 

So basically, they are attracting the majority of the consumer base by picking and choosing how they depict each demographic.

1 hour ago, kking said:

Probably similar to why commercials and sitcom, especially in the 90s and 2000s, depicted men in general (husbands, fathers) as bumbling idiots. It's to appeal to a certain demographic. Someone pointed out to me a long time ago that in most households, women do most of the shopping. That's why advertisements are targeted towards them, showing caricatures and perspectives sympathetic to a wife's/mother's position. 

Similar with white guys in movies, they are pandering to minorities AND women, which together form the majority of consumers. Also, they know the vast majority of white males can brush it off and let it go, so will still consume the movie. 

So basically, they are attracting the majority of the consumer base by picking and choosing how they depict each demographic.

This is all very correct. Men In commercials are useless, trying to get kids ready for school, get a stain out or make dinner. The white n’en has been do dehumanized into being a spoof and cheeky tongue and cheek parody . With all of our “enlightenment why is it that this particular demographic is still able to be demoralized and dehumanized? 
do they “deserve” it? If so, says who? 
can we hate on one group but not another? 
we can openly hate our president- so all bets are off. 
it’s time to stop white hate. 

12 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

This is all very correct. Men In commercials are useless, trying to get kids ready for school, get a stain out or make dinner. The white n’en has been do dehumanized into being a spoof and cheeky tongue and cheek parody . With all of our “enlightenment why is it that this particular demographic is still able to be demoralized and dehumanized? 
do they “deserve” it? If so, says who? 
can we hate on one group but not another? 
we can openly hate our president- so all bets are off. 
it’s time to stop white hate. 

I'll let you in on a little secret...the reason white men are teased, demoralized, and degraded in the media is because we can take it. We know what's important and what's not, which is why we can tolerate stupid depictions like this. Other demographics don't handle being degraded very well. We handle it fine because we know, in the grand scheme of things, it's trivial. 

Let the corporations tell women and minorities that they are superior and in control. All it does is sell more products. 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, kking said:

I'll let you in on a little secret...the reason white men are teased, demoralized, and degraded in the media is because we can take it. We know what's important and what's not, which is why we can tolerate stupid depictions like this. Other demographics don't handle being degraded very well. We handle it fine because we know, in the grand scheme of things, it's trivial. 

Let the corporations tell women and minorities that they are superior and in control. All it does is sell more products. 

That seems like a good take on things. I’d like to think white women are slightly above black men. Can I have that at least? 

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

That seems like a good take on things. I’d like to think white women are slightly above black men. Can I have that at least? 

Not sure what you mean by "above." If you mean that they can handle the banter better, perhaps. It seems that they're all the same nowadays, if you're a woman or a minority, any teasing or criticism of your stereotypical behaviours is considered an unacceptable and bigoted perspective. 

1 minute ago, kking said:

Not sure what you mean by "above." If you mean that they can handle the banter better, perhaps. It seems that they're all the same nowadays, if you're a woman or a minority, any teasing or criticism of your stereotypical behaviours is considered an unacceptable and bigoted perspective. 

Thin skinned people aka liberals are always offended. That’s the problem with people today. Half of the world has to walk on egg shells to protect a bunch of sissy men and emotional women