Jump to content
kfools

Resolved:It is not possible the current model touted for Covid 19 death is correct.

1AC

Debate is closed and locked.

Winner: Kfools... Point awarded.

Note: K Fools was awarded the win because the opposition failed to support their position with evidence.

Message added by 1AC

Recommended Posts

Here is the current model which I have seen the board tout as a death model for Covid 19

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5122467002

 

 Right now can anybody show the math in a way that is easily understood for how we can stay under the 60,000 death marker  when we are over 40,000 now and we average 4,000 to 5,000 daily?

 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a-record-4591-people-in-us-die-from-covid-19-within-24-hours

 

From 4 days ago. 

 

It's seems worse every day. If we keep up on this trajectory just as is we will break the 60,000 mark by the end of the month.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2020 at 1:59 PM, kfools said:

Here is the current model which I have seen the board tout as a death model for Covid 19

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5122467002

 

 Right now can anybody show the math in a way that is easily understood for how we can stay under the 60,000 death marker  when we are over 40,000 now and we average 4,000 to 5,000 daily?

 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/a-record-4591-people-in-us-die-from-covid-19-within-24-hours

 

From 4 days ago. 

 

It's seems worse every day. If we keep up on this trajectory just as is we will break the 60,000 mark by the end of the month.

In opposition to:

 

Your link relies on the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University. The CSSE claims that the U.S. has ten times the number of covid cases as china. It puts us at number one and china at number nine.

 

At some point, one must simply call nonsense by its name - mustn't one?

 

I question the very foundation of your question - you are being bullshitted, largely. How can we trust any of the numbers we are being given, when the source of those numbers makes claims that are so incredible?

Edited by 1AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, Cannonpointer said:

Your link relies on the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University. The CSSE claims that the U.S. has ten times the number of covid cases as china. It puts us at number one and china at number nine.

 

At some point, one must simply call nonsense by its name - mustn't one?

 

I question the very foundation of your question - you are being bullshitted, largely. How can we trust any of the numbers we are being given, when the source of those numbers makes claims that are so incredible?

Rebuttal:

 

As you offered no evidence of any kind to back up anything you just said and it will be dismissed. Perhaps you should try again. If the CSSE says what you claim then you should put a link there proving that. Otherwise there is absolutely no reason at all to believe what you are saying is true. 

 

Next you posed a question but didn't actually address the OP. 

 

Last you pose a question "What makes the claims credible" What makes them credible is the source which is largely touted by experts as credible. There is no other standard for which we can go by. USA Today is ranked high as reputable news. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/usa-today-2/ They are sourcing the governments own models which have been touted on this board. So, there is my evidence. 

 

I see you still have posted none. Just your opinions. Read the rules for the room. This is for people who want to have actual debates. 

 

"OPINIONS WILL CARRY NO WEIGHT WHATSOEVER UNLESS SUPPORTED BY FACTS"

 

Now you can continue with the debate and not source anything you claim at all but I can assure you that will mean a loss when the mods tally the results. That is done without bias by the way...i'm not involved in the process at all. 

Edited by 1AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, kfools said:

As you offered no evidence of any kind to back up anything you just said and it will be dismissed.

In opposition to:

 

Peruse your own link. That's where I got my information.

 

Your TPM link relies for its conclusions on this link, which is embedded. The top left corner has the chart which holds the information I referenced from your link:

 

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by 1AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 6:42 PM, Cannonpointer said:

Peruse your own link. That's where I got my information.

 

Your TPM link relies for its conclusions on this link, which is embedded. The top left corner has the chart which holds the information I referenced from your link:

 

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Rebuttal:

 

Ok, fair enough. 

 

Do you have any supporting evidence of any kind that the CSSE is wrong?

Edited by 1AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 6:51 PM, kfools said:

Ok, fair enough. 

 

Do you have any supporting evidence of any kind that the CSSE is wrong?

In opposition to:

I have logic. It is simply beyond the pale that an over crowded, badly fed cess pool can launch a pandemic and be the least affected, whereas the most hygenic and best fed nations on earth are the most affected. On its face, it throws into doubt any claim the source makes.

 

I'm not trusting johns hopkins on this one - I'm a doubter.

Edited by 1AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

No holds barred chat

  • Hey kfools.. does this help? 


  • By Vegas

    Liberals are going to hell.


  • grgle



  • Where’s at @slideman?


  • Hola


  • I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 


  • By pmurT

    hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems


  • What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

     


  • Where does it say 2?


  • So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 


  • How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 



  • Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?


  • Mine too. I'm looking into it.


  • Mine too. 


  • I thought it was my location.. 


  • Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight


  • OK thanks

     



  • Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.


  • All lives matter.


  • Double post deleted.


  • By teacher

    Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

     

    This one is made for me. 


  • By teacher

    Being offended does not make one correct. 


  • By teacher

    Some few days before the next election Mr. Fools is gonna pin my horse thread. it's gonna be horrible, I shall endevour every day to bring some some fresh. 

     

    I still own this cat box.


  • By teacher

    "I'm coming to you for ask a quick favor."


  • By teacher

    "Anyone that places a color in front of their name is racist." That one is not mine, got it from another member. 


  • Where’s all the hot bitches? 


  • By teacher

    Kidding me? 


You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...