Jump to content
zkyllonen8

This guy is a Joke.

Recommended Posts

 

I cannot seriously believe that the President of the United States Tweeted this. 

 

He is going to start something here in Michigan that will lead to a Uptick in cases and this blame should be on his hands. 

 

If more people die because of this, it is his fault plain and simple. 

 

Our governor is doing the best to save Michiganders lives. 

 

All this guy wants is his friends on wall street and in big business to do better. 

 

He obviously does not care about people's lives. 

 

This guy is a straight up clown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Climate change deniers.

Flat Earthers.

Anti-vaxxers. 
Lockdown protestors. 
 

Same idiots, different anti-science idiocy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's racing to embrace his populist roots in the hopes of working up a divisive fervor in his base to get them (the ones that are able after the consequences of some of these stunts hit home) to the polls to keep him in office in November. For all his bluster and preening, Trump is a scared hollow, deeply flawed human being and like most terrified of people figuring that out. People are going to die, he does not care as long as he gets what he wants. I'm not a professional, but he rings of being a true sociopath on top of his many other issues. They disturbing part of how many people he seems to unleash similar outlooks in or convince to follow him despite frankly demonstrating he really doesn't care about their interests or even basic well being. He wants to be reelected and if that take a pile of bodies, so be it. His followers lives are a sacrifice he's willing to make. 

 

I've derided Trump's supposed 'charisma' but I have to accept that he does have something that hits people, hits on the emotional level and drags them into his ethical and mental black hole despite how it hurts. Farmers are being bankrupted by his inane trade war, older people are dying in droves of covid-19 IN the states people are protesting to open their states. Trump's really tapped into the grievances, angers and "You ain't gonna be the boss of me!" attitude so embedded in US culture, along with other more fetid drives in human nature which frankly he also embraces and, from all signs, embodies.

 

But his power to get people to override their own common sense, basic decency and even self interest is mind boggling at times... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump always manages to tap into the worst side of human nature.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nexus said:

He's racing to embrace his populist roots in the hopes of working up a divisive fervor in his base to get them (the ones that are able after the consequences of some of these stunts hit home) to the polls to keep him in office in November. For all his bluster and preening, Trump is a scared hollow, deeply flawed human being and like most terrified of people figuring that out. People are going to die, he does not care as long as he gets what he wants. I'm not a professional, but he rings of being a true sociopath on top of his many other issues. They disturbing part of how many people he seems to unleash similar outlooks in or convince to follow him despite frankly demonstrating he really doesn't care about their interests or even basic well being. He wants to be reelected and if that take a pile of bodies, so be it. His followers lives are a sacrifice he's willing to make. 

 

I've derided Trump's supposed 'charisma' but I have to accept that he does have something that hits people, hits on the emotional level and drags them into his ethical and mental black hole despite how it hurts. Farmers are being bankrupted by his inane trade war, older people are dying in droves of covid-19 IN the states people are protesting to open their states. Trump's really tapped into the grievances, angers and "You ain't gonna be the boss of me!" attitude so embedded in US culture, along with other more fetid drives in human nature which frankly he also embraces and, from all signs, embodies.

 

But his power to get people to override their own common sense, basic decency and even self interest is mind boggling at times... 

 

The Rush Limbaugh show became nationally syndicated 1988.  His deceitful myth-weaving was so wildly popular that he was followed by literally thousands of hate-spewers on hundreds of AM radio stations, nationwide.  Lies, which tap into people's worst fears, prejudices and aspirations are always more attractive than the truth, to those who scorn the educated and place little value on facts.   Liberal radio personalities, venturing no further than mild spin, compared to their Conservative counterparts, were dismally unable to compete and never got much of a foothold on AM radio.

 

Fox News went on-air in 1996, the same year as MSNBC.  Again, sinister but attractive lies gained the most viewership.  The same with CNN, which has been on the air since 1980.

 

The election of Donald Trump was the culmination of a narrative that God, guns, fetuses and Corporations are infinitely more important than the well-being of The People.  Trump's followers would literally rather die than give up their loyalty to this would-be tyrant.  Much of right wing politics in the US today, bears many similarities to the tragic events at Jonestown in 1978.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump also tweeted this during his twit tirade:

 

 

 

What did the 2nd Amendment have to do with the protests in Virginia or am I have a Trump moment in remembering the basics of the Constitution?

Trump's twitter feed can be a look into his raw unfiltered ID and, to be generous with language, thought process if you take mainlining the raw stupid. These Trump tweets were sent moments after a Fox News report about protests in Minnesota and elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything he touches is a joke.

 

Smugglers sawed into new sections of Trump’s border wall 18 times in one month in San Diego area between Sept. 27 and Oct. 27 last year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection records.

 

TBF, The records don’t indicate whether the one-month span is a representative sample of how frequently people are trying to breach Trump’s border barrier.

 

Quote

 

Smugglers sawed into new sections of President Trump’s border wall 18 times in the San Diego area during a single one-month span late last year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by The Washington Post via a Freedom of Information Act request.

 

The breaches and attempted breaches were made between Sept. 27 and Oct. 27, according to CBP records, with five of the incidents occurring on a single day, Oct. 10. The agency withheld information about the specific locations of the incidents, citing law enforcement sensitivities. The agency said the average cost to repair the damage was $620 per incident.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

 

I cannot seriously believe that the President of the United States Tweeted this. 

 

He is going to start something here in Michigan that will lead to a Uptick in cases and this blame should be on his hands. 

 

If more people die because of this, it is his fault plain and simple. 

 

Our governor is doing the best to save Michiganders lives. 

 

All this guy wants is his friends on wall street and in big business to do better. 

 

He obviously does not care about people's lives. 

 

This guy is a straight up clown.

 

whoa, no he didn't... Man, I lost track with Trump tweets about a year ago. That one is pretty darn sick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheOldBarn said:

whoa, no he didn't... Man, I lost track with Trump tweets about a year ago. That one is pretty darn sick!

 

Yep this guy is stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

 

Yep this guy is stupid. 

I just wish you could tell me what I already didn't now.

 

We have to deal with it for seven more months. And then we will elect Joe Biden, not anybody not any progressives first choice, heck he's old. I haven't a clue who he will pick to 

help his administration with the Finances., but that that's all we got.

 

But we roll on. That's all we have. I listened to this old Roxie Music song the other day when I went out to get some fresh air.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably among the last people to  get this but the recent protests in various state capitals weren't home grown, organic expressions of frustration, financial pressure and cabin fever. They were stirred and sponsored by various conservative groups, perhaps lending some explanation to the prevalence of MAGA hats, Confederate flags and Swastikas beyond the obvious. As well as Trump's swift endorsement. 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

Quote

 

A wave of planned anti-lockdown demonstrations that have broken out around the country to protest against the efforts of state governments to combat the coronavirus pandemic with business closures and stay-at-home orders have included far-right groups as well as more mainstream Republicans.

 

While protesters in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and other states claim to speak for ordinary citizens, many are also supported by street-fighting rightwing groups like the Proud Boys, conservative armed militia groups, religious fundamentalists, anti-vaccination groups and other elements of the radical right.

 

On Wednesday in Lansing, Michigan, a protest put together by two Republican-connected not-for-profits was explicitly devised to cause gridlock in the city, and for a time blocked the entrance to a local hospital.

 

It was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, which Michigan state corporate filings show has also operated under the name of Michigan Trump Republicans. It was also heavily promoted by the Michigan Freedom Fund, a group linked to the Trump cabinet member Betsy DeVos.

 

 

Further details are in the article linked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

 

Yep this guy is stupid. 

Beyond stupid, the man is, frankly, a nut, in my non medical, unprofessional opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, Nexus said:

Trump also tweeted this during his twit tirade:

 

 

 

 

Seems the subtle implications toward violence in Trump's Virgina Tweet didn't go unoticed by its -totally- unintended audience

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/trump-s-liberate-tweets-extremists-see-call-arms-n1186561

 

Quote

When President Donald Trump tweeted "LIBERATE MINNESOTA!" on Friday morning, some of his most fervent supporters in far-right communities — including those who have agitated for violent insurrection — heard a call to arms.

 

Quote

Trump's tweets came after small protests by Trump supporters broke out in a handful of states, many of which were fueled by anti-vaccination and anti-government groups. Anti-government sentiment has percolated among far-right extremists in recent weeks over the stay-at-home orders governors have issued to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Quote

 

Trump's tweets, however, pushed many online extremist communities to speculate whether the president was advocating for armed conflict, an event they’ve termed "the boogaloo," for which many far-right activists have been gearing up and advocating since last year.

 

There were sharp increases on Twitter in terms associated with conspiracies such as QAnon and the "boogaloo" term immediately following the president’s tweets, according to the Network Contagion Research Institute, an independent nonprofit group of scientists and engineers that tracks and reports on misinformation and hate speech across social media.

 

Posts about the "boogaloo" on Twitter skyrocketed in the hours after the president’s tweets, with more than 1,000 tweets featuring the term, some of which received hundreds of retweets.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 4:48 PM, SpyCar said:

Trump always manages to tap into the worst side of human nature.

 

Bill

 

Completely Agree 

 

18 hours ago, Nexus said:

Beyond stupid, the man is, frankly, a nut, in my non medical, unprofessional opinion. 

 

Yep your opinion is right. 

 

The only reason people watch is press briefings is for the smart people in the room and that is not him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

 

 

 

 

Yep your opinion is right. 

 

The only reason people watch is press briefings is for the smart people in the room and that is not him.

 

Yeah, everything he says is projection of what he's really got going on in that twisted mind or his or confession of what he's done or is planning to do. I'd add a 3rd urgently seeking approval/praise of almost any sort, he's a bottomless pit of need for it. He plays to the room compulsively, saying whatever he thinks will gain him the most 'pop'  as the call it in wrestling.usually in the most decisive agitating fashion possible as he is a 'heel', to use another wrestling term, from  his heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 6:07 AM, Nexus said:

Beyond stupid, the man is, frankly, a nut, in my non medical, unprofessional opinion. 

 

My good friend and neighbor is highly respected professor of psychiatry (emeritus) at UCLA, and he is of the same opinion.

 

A narcissist with sociopathic tendencies.

 

Bill

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nexus said:

 

Yeah, everything he says is projection of what he's really got going on in that twisted mind or his or confession of what he's done or is planning to do. I'd add a 3rd urgently seeking approval/praise of almost any sort, he's a bottomless pit of need for it. He plays to the room compulsively, saying whatever he thinks will gain him the most 'pop'  as the call it in wrestling.usually in the most decisive agitating fashion possible as he is a 'heel', to use another wrestling term, from  his heart.

 

He is so self-conscious about himself that he drives from the attention he is getting at these press briefings. 

 

He always needs to be in the public spotlight or he will be depressed. 

 

He is a egomaniac. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpyCar said:

 

My good friend and neighbor is highly respected professor of psychiatry (emeritus) at UCLA, and he is of the same opinion.

 

A narcissist with sociopathic tendencies.

 

Bill

 

 

 

Well your friend is a very smart human. 

 

This guy is a disaster, I thought after bush it couldn't get any worse but it indeed did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His persona would be annoying and irritating in a small child, in a grown really an elderly man it defines new levels of pathetic and its really a sobering thought that his approval ratings, though statistically abysmal are high as they are and his supporters so fervent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nexus said:

His persona would be annoying and irritating in a small child, in a grown really an elderly man it defines new levels of pathetic and its really a sobering thought that his approval ratings, though statistically abysmal are high as they are and his supporters so fervent. 

 

He is basically an entertainer ...  Right down to the fake hair and slathered-on makeup.  And he sticks it to the Liberal political establishment.  That's really all his supporters care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bludog said:

 

He is basically an entertainer ...  Right down to the fake hair and slathered-on makeup.  And he sticks it to the Liberal political establishment.  That's really all his supporters care about.

 

They care about everything this clown says no matter what. 

 

He said it best "I could go on 5th Avenue and Shoot Someone and people would still support me" 

 

People call Liberals snowflakes and sheep while this guy is constantly manipulating a huge group of people day in and day out. 

 

He is a joke and I feel bad for his supporters that believe all of his lies.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so fed up with him, I avoid watching him speak on TV.   When I do watch, I have an unpleasant, near visceral reaction.  I'm guessing most everyone here is feeling like that, to some degree?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  Trump is a joke ... 

 

But:

The Republican campaign fund advantage combined with voter suppression and all kinds of election fraud and cheating will help tip the playing field in their direction.  Also, COVID19 is likely to be very much a factor in November ...  Will the Supreme Court force people to risk their lives to vote, nationally, like they've done in Wisconsin?   Far more Republicans than Democrats are likely to scoff at the danger of mingling in public.   Add these things together and then factor in the Electoral College, and the picture looks less than rosy. 

 

There's no room for complacency.  We Democrats can't take anything for granted.  Four more Trump years will be a complete disaster for America and the World.  This will be the fight of our lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bludog said:

I'm so fed up with him, I avoid watching him speak on TV.   When I do watch, I have an unpleasant, near visceral reaction.  I'm guessing most everyone here is feeling like that, to some degree?  

Trump is a vile personality that I have never understood why anyone would find him appealing. All the way back to the time he provided the venue for the Tyson vs Spinks heavyweight championship bout something about this guy didn't seem right to me about him which was the first time I really ever heard of him out here on the west coast. He just came across as a smart ass trying to promote himself just as much as the event which didn't last a single round so maybe he had some reason to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bludog said:

Yes.  Trump is a joke ... 

 

But:

The Republican campaign fund advantage combined with voter suppression and all kinds of election fraud and cheating will help tip the playing field in their direction.  Also, COVID19 is likely to be very much a factor in November ...  Will the Supreme Court force people to risk their lives to vote, nationally, like they've done in Wisconsin?   Far more Republicans than Democrats are likely to scoff at the danger of mingling in public.   Add these things together and then factor in the Electoral College, and the picture looks less than rosy. 

 

There's no room for complacency.  We Democrats can't take anything for granted.  Four more Trump years will be a complete disaster for America and the World.  This will be the fight of our lives.

 

I used to try and watch his televised appearances and rallies to get some idea of what he might be thinking and preaching to his followers, but I just can't take it anymore. He's so vile and his the flock that adulate him seem driven to emulate him or empowered to give into drives they've been 'forced' to hide by the so called snowflakes and Them ("You know who they are..."). The most common complaint I've heard from a Trump support is that he's not hurting the right people or hurting them enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...