JeanMoulin

THE PIG's war against states that will not open

Today in his C-19 briefing/ campaign rally, THE PIG stated that states that open will receive everything they need. To me that means money and medical supplies. The states that don't open will get nothing is what I'm reading. I've done some research, and he can do this. It will of course end up in court, but it's a reality. Cutting off money and his tremendous amounts of PPE and ventilators he claims to have  is one way he can force us to open. In my opinion that would be akin to murder. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

Today in his C-19 briefing/ campaign rally, THE PIG stated that states that open will receive everything they need. To me that means money and medical supplies. The states that don't open will get nothing is what I'm reading. I've done some research, and he can do this. It will of course end up in court, but it's a reality. Cutting off money and his tremendous amounts of PPE and ventilators he claims to have  is one way he can force us to open. In my opinion that would be akin to murder. Thoughts?

I think that he does not have this power but you know the MAGA guys do. 

I agree with what Gov. Cuomo said that we do not have a king we have a president. 

He does not have the authority to tell the states what to do. 

This guy is a joke. 

A bad joke that too many people take seriously (thought to tbf, many have too). His persistent army of followers/cultist act as a force multiplier and his squad of sycophantic enablers cover for his failings: ignorance, terror of accountability and basic laziness for their own reasons. Trump's not a crooked politician, he's a crook, a con man that's fallen bass akwards into politics and is reverting to form like a parasitic infection adding a megalomaniac dictator fantasy to the mix. And its works for him, there are people protesting in the street in my state and others for the right to go out and risk their lives for Trump's economy because they've bought into his BS and lies (with a mix of the reasons, honest desperate and, well, the Confederate flags are a hint...) 

Heck, the so called "Doctors" Phil and Oz are on Fox (basically state TV at this point) arguing that "Yeah, some folks are going to die, including children" but that's a sacrifice we're going to have make to the god Dow Jones and his avatar on Earth Donald Trump. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dr-phil-fox-news-coronavirus_n_5e9917b3c5b63639081c07c2

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/16/21223892/dr-oz-hannity-coronavirus-schools-reopening

Trump is basically an out-of-context problem for this country. We’ve never seen anything like his combination of malice, stupidity, and incompetence. Not all at once and at the top of government. People don't seem to be wired for this and are falling back on instinctive 'respect' for the position and tribal politics, desperate to find something resembling the norms they've groan accustomed to, other politicians and much of the media try to treat him like he's 'normal' or that he is going magically change into something Presidential, to the point of praising him as being that if he doesn't walk out to the podium with no pants on. 

He's not going to change, not going to 'grow into the position', he's had 3 1/3rd years in office to do so and has shown nothing but learning ways to wiggle through the cracks like he did in the business world. At 70+ going on 6 he hasn't been changed by the job, but has changed the job, the nation in ways, to suit him, a venal, narcissistic, greedy amoral sociopath, a man that craves all the power and none of the responsibility. 

But a British column put it best.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:21 PM, JeanMoulin said:

As usual, Trump is bluffing, hoping he can intimidate the mostly blue states, who are taking the most precautions, into abandoning protective policy.  He has taken an adversarial stance toward ALL the states, claiming PPE, respirators and the like belong to the Federal Government and himself, for their own use..  And he has claimed Washington has no obligation to help the states.

In a nutshell:---  Trump has always been perfectly willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes, to save his economy ...  And keep his power for another four years.

This has been true since the very beginning of the pandemic.  He has been hostile to the states which have taken the most precautionary measures.  And he has acted as if the Federal Government were not there to help the states but to compete with them for essential PPE and ventilators.  He has been blase enough to suggest drug treatments which haven't been demonstrated to help.

And he even sent PPE to China !

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/02/facebook-posts/yes-us-shipped-donated-personal-protective-equipme/

“On February 7, the WHO warned about the limited stock of PPE. That same day, the Trump administration announced it was sending 18 tons of masks, gowns and respirators to China.”

This sociopathic, egomaniac has to be stopped.

If he declines to help states and even withholds any PPE or ventilators or anything from Individual States that he should be held solely accountable for the Deaths in the States he does this too. 

If this does indeed happen people will finally realize what a clown this guy is. 

He would rather have Americans die that his precious (gollum voice) economy suffer. 

This guy is disgusting and mark my words if he does hold supplies from the states he will be removed from office.   

I’m not optimistic that Trump supporters will ever realize what a clown this guy is. They’ll applaud him for sticking it to liberals in New York, Michigan and California.

AG Bill Marr has joined the fight for 'civil liberties" . In a radio interview with Hugh Hewitt, Barr stated that the Justice Department would look into the states which as "too stringent" rules on things such as social distancing and closing business and to 'jawbone'  those governors into loosening them or side with the plaintiffs in any lawsuits that come up regarding the state

's restriction. 

I think this at least part of what Trump really meant by "I have the authority" That is, he had the leverage, the power to twist the state's arms to do what he wanted. To mindsets like his, having the power to do something equates with having the right to do it, legal or not, ethical or not. It really seems to be a mindset that is fairly common among the GOP. 

10 hours ago, Nexus said:

AG Bill Marr has joined the fight for 'civil liberties" . In a radio interview with Hugh Hewitt, Barr stated that the Justice Department would look into the states which as "too stringent" rules on things such as social distancing and closing business and to 'jawbone'  those governors into loosening them or side with the plaintiffs in any lawsuits that come up regarding the state

's restriction. 

I think this at least part of what Trump really meant by "I have the authority" That is, he had the leverage, the power to twist the state's arms to do what he wanted. To mindsets like his, having the power to do something equates with having the right to do it, legal or not, ethical or not. It really seems to be a mindset that is fairly common among the GOP. 

They do not have total authority, we do not have a king we have a president. 

If he holds equipment from the states then there will be retaliation from the american people. 

his poll numbers will continue to drop and then finally get removed from office. 

People will only tolerate this guy for so long. 

27 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

They do not have total authority, we do not have a king we have a president. 

If he holds equipment from the states then there will be retaliation from the american people. 

his poll numbers will continue to drop and then finally get removed from office. 

People will only tolerate this guy for so long. 

Well, yes but I wasn't speaking of the reality of the situation, but Trump's mindset. He seems to envision that position of President as somewhere between feudal king and Boss of bosses in the Mob. Its not an uncommon though, IME. People think the President is more powerful, more influential than he is, and there is some immaterial influence the role grants the holders due to its reputation but not as much material, quantified power as many think. 

But i think Trump maybe the 1st to gain the presidency with those notion firmly set in his mind that refuses to change them. He's not going to suddenly change and become 'presidential' its not in his make up. Most people that knew him personally before have said that and you'd think after 3 1/2 year or so, the rest would get it but you still hear and see the expectection and the low bar set for  him. If he doesn't come out screaming and frothing and manages to string together some semi coherent sentences there are those willing to pat him the head for that driven by a combination of reasons. 

Trump imagined the presidency as being Putin or Kim Jon Un and envies them. You can see Trump's petulant frustration and anger, that of a spoiled toddler being told "No", when ever he runs against the limits of real power. The he had found some end runs around his limits, thanks to his party enablers and sycophants (William Barr near the top of the list) and his/their utter contempt for the norms/gentlemen's agreements that held allot of government together (Mitch McConnell showed similar attitudes in that area: norms were something to bog down opponents with, not something you had to follow)  He has to be gotten out of office and as far from any power as possible as soon as possible. Unlikely as it is, he needs to face consequences for this farcical 'administration' of corruption and incompetence to dissuade the next sociopathic con-man and would be demagogue. 

Just now, Nexus said:

Well, yes but I wasn't speaking of the reality of the situation, but Trump's mindset. He seems to envision that position of President as somewhere between feudal king and Boss of bosses in the Mob. Its not an uncommon though, IME. People think the President is more powerful, more influential than he is, and there is some immaterial influence the role grants the holders due to its reputation but not as much material, quantified power as many think. 

But i think Trump maybe the 1st to gain the presidency with those notion firmly set in his mind that refuses to change them. He's not going to suddenly change and become 'presidential' its not in his make up. Most people that knew him personally before have said that and you'd think after 3 1/2 year or so, the rest would get it but you still hear and see the expectection and the low bar set for  him. If he doesn't come out screaming and frothing and manages to string together some semi coherent sentences there are those willing to pat him the head for that driven by a combination of reasons. 

Trump imagined the presidency as being Putin or Kim Jon Un and envies them. You can see Trump's petulant frustration and anger, that of a spoiled toddler being told "No", when ever he runs against the limits of real power. The he had found some end runs around his limits, thanks to his party enablers and sycophants (William Barr near the top of the list) and his/their utter contempt for the norms/gentlemen's agreements that held allot of government together (Mitch McConnell showed similar attitudes in that area: norms were something to bog down opponents with, not something you had to follow)  He has to be gotten out of office and as far from any power as possible as soon as possible. Unlikely as it is, he needs to face consequences for this farcical 'administration' of corruption and incompetence to dissuade the next sociopathic con-man and would be demagogue. 

This is the problem with the president right now is that he has a large group of people behind him and he can bluntly lie to the American Public over and over again and people will still believe him no matter what. 

He has them won over with his lies and misleading points. 

The MAGA sheep will do anything the president says. 

15 hours ago, zkyllonen8 said:

This is the problem with the president right now is that he has a large group of people behind him and he can bluntly lie to the American Public over and over again and people will still believe him no matter what. 

He has them won over with his lies and misleading points. 

The MAGA sheep will do anything the president says. 

And bizarrely he seems to want it both ways, praising Georgia's governor for opening then turning and rebuking him for opening too early. He is so terrified of negative commentary that he regularly contradicts himself often in seeming effort to cover all basis. If Georgia's 'reopening' goes well, he'll claim credit; if its goes sideways  under the bus Kemp goes. 

My state is getting something around 15% of the money for people and businesses. As is other blue states. North Dakota and Alabama around 50%. Why do you suppose that is?

2 hours ago, JeanMoulin said:

My state is getting something around 15% of the money for people and businesses. As is other blue states. North Dakota and Alabama around 50%. Why do you suppose that is?

People are so reluctant to bring up this stats and I'm glad you did. 

Fun fact the Top 5 States receiving the most federal funding are all red states, but us Liberals are the ones who are the Welfare Junkies..... yeah okay. 

Mitch McConnell's state receives the 4th most Federal funding in the Union, but time and time again he puts his people's interests to the side to make the most money he possibly can. 

What a Joke!

Never fear William Barr AKA: The Human Sack of Mashed potatoes, is on the case. . He directed federal prosecutors to look for state and local coronavirus restrictions that go too far or violate constitutional rights.

Barr instructed the assistant attorney general in charge of the Civil Rights Division, along with all 93 U.S. attorneys, to be “on the lookout for state and local directives that could be violating the constitutional rights and civil liberties of individual citizens.” Barr warned that many policies “that would be unthinkable in regular times have become commonplace in recent weeks,” and that although some of the restrictions imposed by state and local governments have been necessary to slow the spread of the virus, “there is no denying that they have imposed tremendous burdens on the daily lives of all Americans.”

When in doubt, Trump rolls out the classics. Trump wants to use coronavirus aid as leverage to force blue states to change immigration policies

In an authoritarian twist, President Donald Trump signaled Tuesday that he’s looking to condition coronavirus economic relief for blue states on complying with the administration’s immigration policy goals.

In remarks to reporters at a White House event with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Trump said he’d be willing to give economic aid to Democratically controlled state governments, but he wants them to do something for him first — bend their sanctuary city policies to align with the administration’s desired policy.

Trump said he was only open to helping some states financially cover losses related to the coronavirus pandemic.

He's not even trying to hide it anymore. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said states and localities are seeking about $1 trillion in assistance as part of the next stimulus bill. Trump, however, indicated that Democrats would have to make concessions if they want grants for state governments, saying “If they do it, they’re going to have to give us a lot.”

And he's not alone, his personal attorney that plays the AG on TV, William Barr has got his back who said it’s time “to start rolling back” social distancing restrictions in an “orderly and sensible way,” a signal the Justice Department could consider legal action against officials who resist acting. 

Meanwhile Trump tweeted support for protesters – some of whom were armed – in Michigan, telling Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to “make a deal” with them. Last month, Trump tweeted to “LIBERATE” Michigan

14 hours ago, Nexus said:

Meanwhile Trump tweeted support for protesters – some of whom were armed – in Michigan, telling Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to “make a deal” with them. Last month, Trump tweeted to “LIBERATE” Michigan

Yeah I saw this yesterday and the funny thing is the Governor here in Michigan was getting sued by the Republicans in this state because she was "overreaching"

They didn't want a extension of the state of emergency, but she got it through other means. 

I'm glad the govenor and the Democrats here in this state are sticking it to Trump and the Republicans.

I am from Michigan. I can tell you first hand that those protesters are few, the few sycophants that Trump tweets out to, in order to gain their support!

1 hour ago, TheOldBarn said:

I am from Michigan. I can tell you first hand that those protesters are few, the few sycophants that Trump tweets out to, in order to gain their support!

Yep same I am from Michigan as well, there is not very many people that are in support of the protesters. 

It's really sad that people are getting so mad about a Stay-At-Home order, lets just hope people listen long enough to flatten the curve. 

17 minutes ago, zkyllonen8 said:

Yep same I am from Michigan as well, there is not very many people that are in support of the protesters. 

It's really sad that people are getting so mad about a Stay-At-Home order, lets just hope people listen long enough to flatten the curve. 

absolutely - and it is not good. Nobody likes it. People are smart in that way. Young kids understand that they in no way want to be responsible for infecting someone who has an immune deficiency in any respect. We respect the old, we respect those going through chemo therapy, or those with diabetes or high blood pressure. 

You could go on about a lot of the disease we create in this society, not to mention air and water pollution, or the misuse of antibiotics. 

Ever read Upton Sinclair's, "The Jungle", about the meat packing industry in Chicago around the turn of the nineteenth century? Most probably have by now, I hope. It wasn't some dystopian 

novel, it was quite frank and factual. And sadly, this still goes on.