Jump to content
lucifershammer

How much does a racial slur cost?

Recommended Posts

on Foxnews.com.

The use of a racial slur during an online racing game didn’t just cost Kyle Larson his spot on the NASCAR Cup circuit, but also a fortune.

Larson made an estimated $9 million last season, when he won one race and finished sixth in the season standings, according to Forbes. That was a tick down from the $10 million he earned in 2018, when he won four races — and there was plenty more to come in the future.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, lucifershammer said:

on Foxnews.com.

The use of a racial slur during an online racing game didn’t just cost Kyle Larson his spot on the NASCAR Cup circuit, but also a fortune.

Larson made an estimated $9 million last season, when he won one race and finished sixth in the season standings, according to Forbes. That was a tick down from the $10 million he earned in 2018, when he won four races — and there was plenty more to come in the future.

Very tough, I mean, how could you survive with only 10 million. Out of curiosity, what was the racial slur?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Is Larson a Democrat, cause, if so, he may actually believe it's OK. President B. Lyndon Johnson once said, "I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for 200 years."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AnotherJim said:

Very tough, I mean, how could you survive with only 10 million. Out of curiosity, what was the racial slur?

He said " hey nigger are you there?"  Over a hot mic while virtual racing. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

He said " hey nigger are you there?"  Over a hot mic while virtual racing. 

What I said: Is Larson a Democrat, cause, if so, he may actually believe it's OK. President B. Lyndon Johnson once said, "I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for 200 years."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, lucifershammer said:

on Foxnews.com.

The use of a racial slur during an online racing game didn’t just cost Kyle Larson his spot on the NASCAR Cup circuit, but also a fortune.

Larson made an estimated $9 million last season, when he won one race and finished sixth in the season standings, according to Forbes. That was a tick down from the $10 million he earned in 2018, when he won four races — and there was plenty more to come in the future.

In this day and age, people know it can cost them their financial future.

There is no excuse for it.

Right or wrong, it is the world we live in.

Paula Deen and Roseanne can testify to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends who you are. Republicans are finished. Dems get a chuckle and pass. Remember Blackface Meg Kelly. Gone the next day. Goobenor of Va.Still there and working.

 

Real example here of why it is.

Kavanaugh Metoo. Guilty. Rapist. Witness knows nothing, Republican. Destroy his family and children. Scream.

\

Biden.METOO?????? Where are they?? Innocent. She is a liar Liar. Liar. She told her parents and friends.

 

Folks. We have such hypocrites in our land. I don't understand how some people think. It sure seems they missed the boat somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, lucifershammer said:

on Foxnews.com.

The use of a racial slur during an online racing game didn’t just cost Kyle Larson his spot on the NASCAR Cup circuit, but also a fortune.

Larson made an estimated $9 million last season, when he won one race and finished sixth in the season standings, according to Forbes. That was a tick down from the $10 million he earned in 2018, when he won four races — and there was plenty more to come in the future.

What is "online racing"?  Some kind of gamer thing?  Anyway, if someone intends on making money by being in the public eye, then they best not use racial slurs.  I can't think of too many professions where using racial slurs will benefit a person, unless perhaps you want to be the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skans said:

What is "online racing"?  Some kind of gamer thing?  Anyway, if someone intends on making money by being in the public eye, then they best not use racial slurs.  I can't think of too many professions where using racial slurs will benefit a person, unless perhaps you want to be the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

 

Or maybe music...movies...theatre...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, lucifershammer said:

on Foxnews.com.

The use of a racial slur during an online racing game didn’t just cost Kyle Larson his spot on the NASCAR Cup circuit, but also a fortune.

Larson made an estimated $9 million last season, when he won one race and finished sixth in the season standings, according to Forbes. That was a tick down from the $10 million he earned in 2018, when he won four races — and there was plenty more to come in the future.

He lost a helluva a lot more than that.  He was rumored to be in the running for Jimmy Johnson's seat at Hendrick Motorsports when Jimmy retires at the end of the season.  He lost all his sponsors for his personal race team meaning those who worked for him have no job.  He also lost his personal business, "Kyle Larson", marketing his fan gear.  He will be back but not in the foreseeable future.  

 

The sad part about this is he was a product of the NASCAR diversity program.  The best opinion I have heard on this was from Dale Earnhardt Jr.  If the word is not part of your vocabulary you don't have to worry about it slipping out when you think you are in a comfortable setting.  Also, Willie T Ribbs (anyone remember him without looking) spoke out about it and said that he talked to Kyle after this went down, told him it is not the end of world but it is gonna hurt for a while, but he will be back.  Also offered to drink a few beers with him.  He spoke to him because he Kyle was not being malicious when he said it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 10:22 AM, Skans said:

What is "online racing"?  Some kind of gamer thing?  Anyway, if someone intends on making money by being in the public eye, then they best not use racial slurs.  I can't think of too many professions where using racial slurs will benefit a person, unless perhaps you want to be the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

This particular game is called iRacing.  It is a simulation.  Very realistic.  For the past month the Indy Drivers and NASCAR stars have been running races from their homes on virtual tracks.  Fans have loved it.  The first race got over a million viewers on FS1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, PersistenceofMemory said:

It depends who you are. Republicans are finished. Dems get a chuckle and pass. Remember Blackface Meg Kelly. Gone the next day. Goobenor of Va.Still there and working.

 

Real example here of why it is.

Kavanaugh Metoo. Guilty. Rapist. Witness knows nothing, Republican. Destroy his family and children. Scream.

\

Biden.METOO?????? Where are they?? Innocent. She is a liar Liar. Liar. She told her parents and friends.

 

Folks. We have such hypocrites in our land. I don't understand how some people think. It sure seems they missed the boat somewhere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dixie Chicks make an innocent remark about traitor Bush and they get blackballed and lose millions of dollars.

 

Right wing C & W singers insult President Obama and they go off scot free.

 

 

Nice to see right wingers express concern over Larson's first amendment rights especially since they have been so silent over Colin Kaepernicks rights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dixie Chicks make an innocent remark about traitor Bush and they get blackballed and lose millions of dollars.

 

Right wing C & W singers insult President Obama and they go off scot free.

 

 

Nice to see right wingers express concern over Larson's first amendment rights especially since they have been so silent over Colin Kaepernicks rights. 

Rush loves the term magic negro,  and he's still there.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

Rush loves the term magic negro,  and he's still there.

 

 

 

The Census bureau used the term  ""Negro" until about 2010 or shortly thereafter.  It is still used in other parts of the world, notably in Latin America where it is considered the normal term.  Note that Latin America has more blacks than does North America.  

 

I used to listen to Limbaugh's show up until the Central Park Five incident in which he spent an entire week spewing racist hate towards blacks.  Years later when it was disclosed that they were innocent he refused to take back all the racist nonsense he broadcasted.  Since I do not listen to his shows anymore, I am not able to discern why he uses the term "Negro".  Whatever the case may be, there is no question that the man is a racist, an America hater, and a subversive whose only desire is to disrupt social harmony among our people.  The USA works best when it works together.  This is something all liberals know and do their best to promote.  Sadly, there are far  too many conservatives whose sole ambition in life is to destroy the USA through their racialism and hate.  Ironically, many of these people claim to be good "Christians" while disregarding  the Bible's teachings to "be at peace with all men".  Rush Limbaugh, like Trump, is one such example.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 2:19 PM, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

The Census bureau used the term  ""Negro" until about 2010 or shortly thereafter.  It is still used in other parts of the world, notably in Latin America where it is considered the normal term.  Note that Latin America has more blacks than does North America.  

 

I used to listen to Limbaugh's show up until the Central Park Five incident in which he spent an entire week spewing racist hate towards blacks.  Years later when it was disclosed that they were innocent he refused to take back all the racist nonsense he broadcasted.  Since I do not listen to his shows anymore, I am not able to discern why he uses the term "Negro".  Whatever the case may be, there is no question that the man is a racist, an America hater, and a subversive whose only desire is to disrupt social harmony among our people.  The USA works best when it works together.  This is something all liberals know and do their best to promote.  Sadly, there are far  too many conservatives whose sole ambition in life is to destroy the USA through their racialism and hate.  Ironically, many of these people claim to be good "Christians" while disregarding  the Bible's teachings to "be at peace with all men".  Rush Limbaugh, like Trump, is one such example.  

I find that most leftists don't understand the difference between a racist, a bigot and stereotypes. Using a word doesn't make someone a racist. Bigoted? Maybe, depending on circumstance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

I find that most leftists don't understand the difference between a racist, a bigot and stereotypes. Using a word doesn't make someone a racist. Bigoted? Maybe, depending on circumstance. 

 

 

I'm sure that their deficiencies are no worse than those of the right wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

I'm sure that their deficiencies are no worse than those of the right wing. 

The right wing isn’t typically guilty of race baiting and calling everything racism when it clearly isn’t. 
 

The entire ideology of the left relies on creating victimhood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, lucifershammer said:

on Foxnews.com.

The use of a racial slur during an online racing game didn’t just cost Kyle Larson his spot on the NASCAR Cup circuit, but also a fortune.

Larson made an estimated $9 million last season, when he won one race and finished sixth in the season standings, according to Forbes. That was a tick down from the $10 million he earned in 2018, when he won four races — and there was plenty more to come in the future.

 

The problem is this:  NASCAR makes their money on image.  On showing famous people.   Winning races is just an "accessory" to the main product which is fame.   So when a racer tarnishes his/her image, it's spoiled goods.   Doesn't matter how good they are because they can't use their image for anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RichardFeynmanLives said:

 

The problem is this:  NASCAR makes their money on image.  On showing famous people.   Winning races is just an "accessory" to the main product which is fame.   So when a racer tarnishes his/her image, it's spoiled goods.   Doesn't matter how good they are because they can't use their image for anything. 

That's a very good observation 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

The right wing isn’t typically guilty of race baiting and calling everything racism when it clearly isn’t. 

 

 

 

You obviously do not know the story behind Alan Keyes and Clarence Thomas.

 

 

2 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

he entire ideology of the left relies on creating victimhood. 

 

 

Trump always claim to be a victim.  Right wingers always cry  "affirmative action" when they lose a job.  And nobody claims to be victims of censorship more than they do even though they censor everybody else. They even cry "Godwin's law" even though they call everyone else commie and fascist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

You obviously do not know the story behind Alan Keyes and Clarence Thomas.

Why don't you tell me. I live stories. 

11 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

 

Trump always claim to be a victim.  Right wingers always cry  "affirmative action" when they lose a job.  And nobody claims to be victims of censorship more than they do even though they censor everybody else. They even cry "Godwin's law" even though they call everyone else commie and fascist.

That's because they OBVIOUSLY are victims. Handing someone a job due to skin color is actually racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Why don't you tell me. I live stories. 

That's because they OBVIOUSLY are victims. Handing someone a job due to skin color is actually racist. 

 

 

 

Keyes' & Thomas' stories are readily available online.

 

By the way, Thomas admitted that he only got by because of affirmative action.  Imagine those whites who lost jobs because he was being advanced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, manhattantransfer said:

 

 

 

Keyes' & Thomas' stories are readily available online.

 

By the way, Thomas admitted that he only got by because of affirmative action.  Imagine those whites who lost jobs because he was being advanced. 

There's different types of affirmative action. 

 

Hiring someone due to skin color is just as racist as not hiring someone due to skin color. 

 

The left likes to think they can combat racism with racism and intolerance with intolerance when really all they're doing is justifying both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If using a racial slur made someone racist, practically every rapper is racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, Str8tEdge said:

There's different types of affirmative action. 

 

 

 

And the right wing has no problem with advancing the Clarence Thomas's of this world through that program  to advance their destructive agenda.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


No holds barred chat

  • Hey kfools.. does this help? 


  • By Vegas

    Liberals are going to hell.


  • grgle



  • Where’s at @slideman?


  • Hola


  • I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 


  • By pmurT

    hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems


  • What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

     


  • Where does it say 2?


  • So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 


  • How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 



  • Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?


  • Mine too. I'm looking into it.


  • Mine too. 


  • I thought it was my location.. 


  • Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight


  • OK thanks

     



  • Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.


  • All lives matter.


  • Double post deleted.


  • By teacher

    Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

     

    This one is made for me. 


  • By teacher

    Being offended does not make one correct. 


  • By teacher

    Some few days before the next election Mr. Fools is gonna pin my horse thread. it's gonna be horrible, I shall endevour every day to bring some some fresh. 

     

    I still own this cat box.


  • By teacher

    "I'm coming to you for ask a quick favor."


  • By teacher

    "Anyone that places a color in front of their name is racist." That one is not mine, got it from another member. 


  • Where’s all the hot bitches? 


  • By teacher

    Kidding me? 


  • How do I get rid of this chatroom box?


  • How do I get rid of this chatroom box?


  • Get me out of Chatbox!


  • By jefftec

    The chatbox stays expanded and is a nuisance blocking screen images. What setting is there to control/collapse chatbox?


  • By kfools

    Just click the no holds barred to collapse it.


  • diddle dee dee


  • By teacher

    Like Jesse Ventura said to all that would not take a chew in the movie "Predator." LF.org is a political debate forum. This chatbox just ups the opportunity to go at it. Ya'll have your political views, seems to me that ya'll should have thought these things out and be ready to battle. 


  • By teacher

    Is real time political debate a thing ya'll hide from? What do you morons do if you happen to run into some one with opposing political views on the street? 


  • By teacher

    I've never ran into anyone, in real life,  that said Obama lied. I run into folks that tell me Trump lies. I'm at work. I didn't bring it up. I don't reply, I'm representing a company. Not my place. 


  • By teacher

    Lookie there, all I have to do is get out and come back. Why is it that liberals, when they have a company man before them decide they that is the time they go off? Why would ya'll put a company man into that position? 


  • By teacher

    Chatbox is mine. 


  • By teacher

    There is no such thing as "reverse discrimination." There is only discrimination. To imply that black on white discrimination is reverse discrimination sort of lends some justification to the idea of so-called "reverse discrimination." Any discrimination is wrong. Original idea supplied to me by a man called Kyle. Credit where credit is due.


  • By teacher

    How do? I'm teacher. I told you unwashed masses long ago in this, the chat box what the rules were.  Told you all that I would rule the chat box. Go check it out. Scroll some. The chat box is supposed to be a place where debate can happen damn near instantaneously. At the onset I said that the chat box wouldn't fly and that is because the chat box demands that all needs to be ready for real time debate. Everybody but I fails.


You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom
×
×
  • Create New...